Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Express Mail Delivery

satsiri
I read on one of the threads(can't recall witch one though) that if you call the USCIS and ask them to send your card by fedex, they can charge your credit card and do it, if you explained why you need the card that fast.
I'm not sure my self if this is can happen all the times or it's up to the officer mood! but any way, why not try?? you have nothing to loose but few minutes on the phone, it's worth the try....will you give it a chance and try it?
might work! who knows?
Again, good luck with your company

EAD@VSC approved atlast

This morning I recd the magic 3 emails from VSC that my case was approved and approval notice sent. my current EAD expires today. What a relief? I sent 3 expedite fax as followup. In my situ, I sent the card back since USCIS made a mistake with wrong validitiy. It took exactly 33 days to process this request for them.

Thanks to all the guys in this forum who helped me with their knowledge and experience.
It used to be "card mailed" status but now its "approval notice sent:. I am not sure what they mean. Waiting for the mailman now..

right time 4 u

Congratulation GCMAN123,
"approval notice sent" is a letter that include your new card inside it, I just received mine today(4 days after the approval e-mail)
good luck man, keep in touch

EAD renewal please help!

I E-filed my 2nd EAD renewal on 21st Nov 2006. My current EAD expires on 26th Jan 2007. It looks like I wont get my renewal in time. I have a wife and a new born to support. What are my options here?

Do you think I can expedite my case with INS. I doubt that they will consider it since I didnt apply 90 days in advance

Do you think contacting local senator office will help?

Any help/suggestions apperciated.

Thanks in advance!

Eadstuck, I'm in a similar situation to you. My received date is 10/31 and my biometrics were done just after Thanksgiving. My LUD is 11/8. I have been off work now since 12/15 when my previous EAD expired.

In my case I didn't apply sooner because the 1-800 agent told me that my GC had been approved and that I shouldn'f renew my EAD. By the time I found out that was incorrect I had way less than 90 days left. Like you I have a wife and new child to support at home. So far I have taken a couple of Infopass appts, sent an expedite request and spoken with two immigration attorneys. I haven't tried my senator because they have already showed a staggering level of disinterest in my GC case so I didn't think it was worth the effort. The end result, I have to wait 90 days, basically we are just numbers to CIS. They have no interest in our wellbeing at all.

Jim

jimothy,

Thanks for the response. Now that you told me the situation I need to come up with a back up plan and let my manager know. I hope I dont loose my job.

Since your LUD has not changed in 60 days can you not take any action?

My GC is stuck due to FBI name check as well and I am married to a USC like you. I applied for GC and AOS in June 2004.

This process is so ridiculous. If you have a receipt number for H1 application you can work but not in the case of EAD.

My concern is what if I dont get it even after 90 days. I have been loosing sleep over this.

F1 HI B1 EAD I am sick of dealing with all this. It is never ending loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't just wait.

EADSTUCK
I feel your pain, been there my self,
Did you send the expedite request letter?

As far as I know I cannot take any action until after the 90 days. I don't think the sixty day limit supercedes the 90 day processing timeframe.

I am at 75 days now with nothing. Like you I am beginning to panic about what happens after 90 days. My employers have been very understanding till now but their patience will run out eventually. Also I am not being paid and have no insurance which doesn't help me feel very secure.

I will be making my InfoPass appointment for day 91 this week to make sure I get in early and I have no intention of leaving the DO until someone lets me know exactly how and when they will get me the card.

My plan of action

Well I am going to send the expedite request tomorrow. Also, I am planning to go to the local senator office. Not sure it will work or not but I am going to try regardless.

Thank you for your support though. You guys rock! :))))

Eadstuck

Don't forget to send it by overnight delivery(to show them that you are very Anxious and desperate,also write on the outside envelpe" I-765 EXPEDITE REQUEST"
Good Luck

@EADSTUCK
I also e-filed my I-765 (renewal of EAD) just recently.

What I don't know right now is, if I have to schedule the biometrics appointment myself, or if they will send me one via mail.

Do I have to send all the supporting documentation (proof of marriage, visa, etc.) again? Before or after the biometrics appointment?

Can you help me out here?

LeChuck

you should get it via mail

Lechuck,

You should get appointment letter for biometric via mail within couple of weeks. You can always call 1800 number for the kind of supporting documents you need to send. I sent mine withing a week after I applied.

From what I have been hearing from the variety of resources it is taking
80 to 90 days to get EAD card these days. Again this happens only if there are no screw ups.

Good luck and pray for me ok? :)

I will ;)

When I first applied for an EAD, it also took longer than usual. I even had the Infopass experience, too.

Feel free to share

LeChuck

Please feel free to share your exp with us. It may be helpful to us.

Thanks,

The first time I applied for the EAD, I didn't receive anything within the 90 days. Although I sent all required documentation and made the biometrics appointment in time.

After 90 days, I scheduled an appointment at the next Infopass. They tried to find out what was going on, but without success. The guy made several phone calls and said, that my case is still pending and they have to make a decision first. It seemed like my case woke up again after the Infopass. A few weeks later I got my card in the mail.

Hopefully, I won't have to make this experience again with the renewal.

@EADSTUCK

Do they still take your fingerprints AND your photo at the ASC? Or do you have to send a photo with the supporting documentation via mail?

No EAD after 90 days? AILF considering lawsuit

AILF Considering Litigation in EAD Cases
The American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) is currently considering whether to file a class action lawsuit addressing failures to issue Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) in a timely manner. The suit would address those cases for which EADs have not been issued within 90 days and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has failed to provide interim EAD cards.

http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=21328&linkid=154676

for more info
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_conlit.html