Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
When I called the 1-800#, I was told that I could not work on the day the EAD expires. I missed that day too :(
When I inquired the same with the officer in the District Office during the appointment later, the officer said I could. I need to apply a PTO for that day and Leave Of Absence for the days following.....

I don't know why there would be different versions each time you inquire anything with USCIS. Anybody's guess....

So, nasreen_i, you could work tomorrow too. Hopefully you will recv your EAD card soon. Good luck.

Congrats....

Hi Nasreen_i
congratulations.... :)
don't worry if the case status didn't change or there is no LUD yet,the system update could be delayed couple of days,as in my case was approved dec/30/2006 and the the LUD didn't change until jan/04/2007, then the message changed next day jan/05/2007 with a new LUD, the message was" card production was order"
also today I have a new LUD and message changed to " approval notice was sent"
Did the officer tell you what date your case was approved?

hossamny

I-765 I-140 :both filed on 04/17/06
RFE: 07/08/2006(my lawyer got it ,he said that they were asking if i registered to NSEERS,he told them that i didn`t know about it)
07/21/06 :USCIS received RFE
I-485 :interview on 10/03/06 :interview went well ,got sent to ICE (failure to register for NSESRS) ..they said that i will get a NTA 2 weeks later ...still no NTA
infopass: 10/29/06 about I-765 they said that i will get it in like 2 weeks
I-765: RFE on 11/13/06 (asking if i had fingerprints taken,which i had done on april)
11/28/06 received RFE..(they say to expect a respone within 60 days..)..last updated 12/08/06 ..i am still waiting: no EAD or NTA yet ...i even checked the court for my file ,they said that it is not in file ..
thanks houssamny

hossamny said:
zizo,
did you send expedite request?
what file you checked with court?
shokra
about expediting : i called the 800 # today ,and she gave me 5 conditions that will allow me expediting my file :financial loss,uscis mistake...i don`t remember the rest ..i guess the first one fits me ,since i have a family and i have to support them
i was wondering of i should wait the extra 19 days or i can send an expedite request ?if so can you tell me how ,please ???
i checked the I-485 ,using my alien number ..it is because i didn`t register for NSEERS so i have to see a judge but it is taking so long
shookrane

zizo Pasha

don't wait, send an over night letter to MO service center
explian that you lost/might loose your job, let them know that you have a family to support.

you might want to use this format for your letter

U.S. Department of Homeland security
P.O. box 648996
Lee’s summit, MO 64064
U.S. citizenship and immigration services

date, 2007

Re: I-765 Request to expedite processing time

Dear immigration officer:

I e-filed my I-765 on xx/xx/2006, did my biometrics on xx/xx/2006((enclosed a copy with stamp on it)
-My Alien # xxxxxxxxxx
-Receipt # MSCxxxxxxxx (enclosed a copy of the I-765 receipt notice)EAD application, class xxx (based on pending I-485 Receipt # MSC-xxxxxxxx (enclosed a copy of the I-485 receipt notice)
-I Called customer service center to request a case status update on:- xx/xx/2006, and xx/xx/2006
-I Went to the local office using INFOPASS in xx/xx/2007 to request an interim EAD and they are no longer issuing interim EAD
-please, expedite the process of my work authorization card, it has been more than xxx days since I applied and my ....(explain your loss of financial loss,since i have a family and i have to support them)
If need any additional information, I can be reached at:
Telephone: (XXX)XXX-XXXX
E-mail: YOURNAME@WEB.COM

Thank you in advance

Sincerely,

your name

Important

zizo
don't forget to write on the outside envelope:
Att.(I-765 UNIT)
Expedite Request
by doing that, you will be sure that your envelope goes to the right person.

EAD approved

Guys,
Glad to share with you that my EAD renewal case has been approved..... :D :)
I called USCIS this morning and the officer said my case was approved and the card was sent for printing and may take 15-30 days to get to me as there were thousands of cards that were sent for printing.
alas....the wait is not indefinite.

EAD Pending in MO

I appliad EAD on October 27 and it was transfered to Leese Summit, MO on December 20. I have seen some LUD on the case and the last one was on January 4. I have not seen any update since then. I called the 1-800.. Representer asked me if I have been in finger print appointment. I have gone for I-485 but not for I-765. He took my name address info and told me if I don't recieve any appointment date in 45 day I should call them.

I-131/765 RD October 27
I-131 AD December 18 (Transferred MO on Dec 11 and approved in a week still waiting for the approval notice)
I-765 Transferred MO Dec 20 LUD Dec 27, Jan 02,03,04

nasrren_i,

Thanks for the update. That was comforting.

Was it mentioned that your I-765 was approved too? Dumb me,they would have...but you know who we are dealing with

it's about time!!

Nasreen_i
so you had your LUD changed with a new message, I was sure that the same thing will happen to you as it did to me, Please let us know once your new card arrives by mail,
good luck

mashikushi said:
I appliad EAD on October 27 and it was transfered to Leese Summit, MO on December 20. I have seen some LUD on the case and the last one was on January 4. I have not seen any update since then. I called the 1-800.. Representer asked me if I have been in finger print appointment. I have gone for I-485 but not for I-765. He took my name address info and told me if I don't recieve any appointment date in 45 day I should call them.

I-131/765 RD October 27
I-131 AD December 18 (Transferred MO on Dec 11 and approved in a week still waiting for the approval notice)
Question
Is it first time EAD or renewal?

What's New?

mashikushi said:

I-131/765 RD October 27
Mashikushi..
Did your I-765 got approved? Please share you latest LUD's.
Thank you.

Not Yet

hossamny said:
Mashikushi..
Did your I-765 got approved? Please share you latest LUD's.
Thank you.

I have not gotten any approval yet. This is my firts EAD application. Last LUD date is Jan 04 withouth any message.

LUD changed...

Thanks guys for your help... hossamny and nasreen_i in particular

Atlast LUD changed..... :D

Current Status: Card production ordered.
On January 11, 2007, we ordered production of your new card.

I am not sure if my employer accepts this. There are no validity dates mentioned in the status. Yet to hear from my employer. Keeping my fingers crossed... :confused:

Anyone here whose LUD/Status changed from Card production ordered to Approved (or anything next)?
If so, in how many days did the LUD change?
In how many days did you receive the card?

You Got It, Yaaaaaaaah

satsiri
First, congratulation, and you are very welcome, it was a pleasure..
in regard of your question, LUD card production e-mail usually is the first one, and based on how busy the system is, it should be followed with approval notice e-mail, it takes between 3 to 5 business days for that second e-mail once your card was ordered to production.
now after another 3 to 7 business days from the second e-mail you should receive the card, now keep in mind that the card is sent by regular mail, so where is your city and state located from the shipping address might delay or expedite this time frame.
in some cases, people will receive the card in the mail before the approval e-mail. that's due to delay in the system updates LUD's.
Most important, don't worry, if your employer need the validity dates, you can call the 800# and ask them to transfer you to an immigration officer, they are able to see the start and expire date on your new card.
Good Luck :)

Thanks hossamny for the info.
By what you mentioned, the worst case scenario is waiting a week more.

The immigration officer I talked to yesterday mentioned the validity dates when she informed me that my I765 was approved. I told my employer that I can set up a conf call with USCIS for them to make note of the validity dates. But my company policy is that there must be something in writing to go into the file before I am allowed to work. Hopefully they will accept it this time.

Yeah, I need a lot of Good Luck. Thanks.