Life After Green Card when Out of Country

culisa

My wife was recently issued her CR1 visa in her passport and given an entry pack envelope by the US Consulate in Panama. She is employed by an international agency in Panama and doesn't intend to leave her post until she secures a new post in the US (preferably with the same agency). For this reason, since we are not ready for her to move permanently to the US, we are concerned about our lives after she receives her Green Card. Specifically, we are concerned about the rule which states she cannot be out of the country for more than six months after she travels to the US after her first entry. I'm also reading about how traveling back and fourth between the two countries after receiving Green Card, just to prevent a six month out of country violation, is not a permanent solution. Finally, there is a Re-Entry permit about which I must investigate. Does anyone know how best we can manage this situation? Finally, how does multiple traveling across borders affect status/situation?

My wife was recently issued her CR1 visa in her passport and given an entry pack envelope by the US Consulate in Panama. She is employed by an international agency in Panama and doesn't intend to leave her post until she secures a new post in the US (preferably with the same agency). For this reason, since we are not ready for her to move permanently to the US, we are concerned about our lives after she receives her Green Card. Specifically, we are concerned about the rule which states she cannot be out of the country for more than six months after she travels to the US after her first entry. I'm also reading about how traveling back and fourth between the two countries after receiving Green Card, just to prevent a six month out of country violation, is not a permanent solution. Finally, there is a Re-Entry permit about which I must investigate. Does anyone know how best we can manage this situation? Finally, how does multiple traveling across borders affect status/situation?

GC is for permanent residence in US. Multiple travels every now and then have nothing to do with keeping GC and not granting entrance is expected in one of those trips. In certain situations like working temporary overseas for maximum of 2 years you may apply for permit (up to 2 years) after you land in US. You have to be in US at the time off application and for biometrics.
GC is very good for those with real chance and wants to live in US and is a nightmare for those who do not have that chance or do not want to live in US and at the same time want to keep GC active. I know a family tried, as many do, to keep their GCs by visiting US twice a year for many years and spent almost all what they earn during their whole life span and finally they lost their GCs because they cannot keep that or fulfill the requirement of residency in US either
Some think to have car, have bank account, have pet, have driving license, pay tax ….etc are substitute to physical presence in US which is not the case. Be in US without house, without car without bank account is the way to keep your permanent residence card