Letter to Ombudsman -If interested e-mail

I do not know howmuch this e-mail drive will help. NSC/USCIS may not listen whoever advise them. In previous years, omdusman recommended so many process enhancements. However, they pollitly refused most of them. For example, when renewing an EAD it was recommeded to start date of new EAD on the expiry date of old EAD, so that people may not loose 3 months. USCIS refused this simple request of Omdusman.

There was a time when all cut-off dates were "current" in all catagory. NSC was not approving any 485s that were pending for more than 2 years. During that period of entire 2 years PD was current. I think Rajiv filed law suit and the result was not favorable to us. The law is in their side. As per law, they should keep the retrogressed 485s in abayense. That means no processing during retrogression. They should resume the process only when ever visa numbers available. However, they did pre-adjudication and proecesssed 485s, issued RFE, finger printing etc.. They will come up with this excuse.

Now the PD is current for just 8 days, after this bulliton. It is highly not possible to put pressure on them. How we can expect from NSC, that even not processiing 485s for 2 years (when PD were current) to approve within just 8 days.

I think putting pressure on Omdusman may not help much..

You have to come up with a better suggestion if you are deeming what is being done as ineffective. There is no guarantee about anything in life. If nothing happens fine, at least we know that we have been courageous and that we did what we could do. You never know how success might come so there is never any harm in trying. Better spend time trying rather than sitting and agonizing about our situation.

purplehazea; said:
You have to come up with a better suggestion if you are deeming what is being done as ineffective. There is no guarantee about anything in life. If nothing happens fine, at least we know that we have been courageous and that we did what we could do. You never know how success might come so there is never any harm in trying. Better spend time trying rather than sitting and agonizing about our situation.

Well said. What are you going to loose? Just cut and paste and click of a button.

Don't bring hight of pessimism when all you could loose is couple of mins.

Add one more to the list. Sent an email.

<purplehazea>, thanks for your effort, hope this will do some good.

Regards
MK

Sent email today..lets hope this brings up some action..good job guys..lets continue this momentum.

Kamalkk; said:
Sent email today..lets hope this brings up some action..good job guys..lets continue this momentum.

Guys should we not mention in the letter that approvals at TSC are pouring while NSC sleeping hence there is risk of exhausting available visas. I doubt if that message is strong in current wording. What you say?

I understand your concerns but

Ombudsman (Khatri) was the one who brought the 'anticipated demand' into the picture. That resulted in severe retrogression and push back of dates for oversubscribed countries. When 'oversubscription' occurs the country quota kicks in. You saw that happening last year and the disasterous consequences on EB2 and EB3 India besides China & Phillipines. The worst aspect was the loss of 11,000 visas when people from these countries were in line for years and their cases could not move because of 'anticipated' arrival of applications of earlier priority dates!

We call it 'oversubscription' on one hand and bring-in country quotas and let go of 11k visas on the other hand. Do you need a better example for an oxymoron?

So, what is happening may not be to our liking but what we have embarked on may have 'unintended consequences', be aware of that! I certainly wish this brings the best results, now that you have started this campaign.

By the way, the Ombudsman may not also have anticipated what followed his 'anticipated demand'!

H

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned it in my email :D

Guys should we not mention in the letter that approvals at TSC are pouring while NSC sleeping hence there is risk of exhausting available visas. I doubt if that message is strong in current wording. What you say?

Alright guys, I got a response from the Ombudsman office. This proves that if we all stand united and approach the Ombudsman office, we will get a response.

I suggest that we e-mail details of our cases to the e-mail provided below. This is your golden opportunity to make NSC start work on our applications.

Following is the text of the response I received:

"Thank you for your feedback on the CIS Ombudsman’s Priorities for Fiscal Year 2007. Your input is invaluable to our mission of assisting individuals and employers in resolving problems with USCIS.

It may be helpful to have some specific cases to bring to the attention of the Nebraska Service Center. Would you be able to provide such examples of this problem?

Thanks again for contacting the CIS Ombudsman.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
US Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Email: cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Web: http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman "

great job putpleazea.
I just sent my receipt no, priority date etc to ombudsman's email.
Let's see what happens.
Again, thanks for the effort.

EB3 - AUT 2002 - INDIA.

You are welcome and I hope that we all stay united and contact the ombudsman for our problem. Good luck to you all and god bless.

sorry I missed this thread, too busy at work, how did you get the response, I mean I didn't any response,

anyway, this is a good opportunity letz use it and make sure we do it right, I don't want to discuss in public, I will send you private message

Sounds good Guldukan.

The rest of us, if you are planning to respond soon, make sure that you use my original letter and add your own case information when sending the e-mail to Ombudsman. That way the office of Ombudsman knows the background why your case info is being received.

hey purplehazea ,

I sent mail on very sameday you posted this thread. Do you want me to send email again with my case information?