Lets start with Feb Filers

after 1 month worth of work with 1500 new hires,all that hard work, they have reached the awesomely mark of (-2) months on the processing time

well guys, i just called uscis today, just now to request info since we haven't received our interview letter or anything, then... I got transfered to a officer, that said they are really backed up, and have issues, so he said to be honest with you, you have to wait a looooooooong time, your process is not even on the local district office yet and that i should expect between 1 to 3 years (at this point i thought that he either read our posts here, or there are thousands of people calling)...

well then again i comented that the processing has been udated and the new updated that is older... and he said, basicaly that is the way it is...

but really how can you go back... like did you take people's green card that have been already issued back... and then take care of olders? i don't get it, if we were told the truth of how it is, maybe i would be less confused, and maybe understand the fact, but, i guess. that is the way it is... you basicaly pay the fee, and sit up for a while...

i still don't think any bad of the USCIS, but some oficers could be nicer to people, comon, i am a person, just like you, save your ignorance and anger to a botle of beer!

well... we are definately discouraged here guys

COMON GOD do your thing and help us!

well guys, i just called uscis today, just now to request info since we haven't received our interview letter or anything, then... I got transfered to a officer, that said they are really backed up, and have issues, so he said to be honest with you, you have to wait a looooooooong time, your process is not even on the local district office yet and that i should expect between 1 to 3 years (at this point i thought that he either read our posts here, or there are thousands of people calling)...

well then again i comented that the processing has been udated and the new updated that is older... and he said, basicaly that is the way it is...

but really how can you go back... like did you take people's green card that have been already issued back... and then take care of olders? i don't get it, if we were told the truth of how it is, maybe i would be less confused, and maybe understand the fact, but, i guess. that is the way it is... you basicaly pay the fee, and sit up for a while...

i still don't think any bad of the USCIS, but some oficers could be nicer to people, comon, i am a person, just like you, save your ignorance and anger to a botle of beer!

well... we are definately discouraged here guys

COMON GOD do your thing and help us!

wow, that is absolutely discouraging, 1-3 years. WTF is wrong with them, they were moving at a pretty good pace. i really hope the guy you talked to just wanted to get you off the phone so lied to you.

any updates for anyone here today. over on visa journey forum that ive been reading now, a few people have gotten EAD yesterday and today. i also randomly checked a case number that is 10 numbers after mine and it had EAD approved today as well. hope were soon.

when i call USCIS customer service, how do i speak to a real person, i cant seem to get past the operator menus.

EAD's rolling in

any updates for anyone here today. over on visa journey forum that ive been reading now, a few people have gotten EAD yesterday and today. i also randomly checked a case number that is 10 numbers after mine and it had EAD approved today as well. hope were soon.

yes- they are coming in over on that site- hope we are soon js360!!

Interview Clarifications/Questions !!!

no EAD update/email :mad:

On a brighter note though, i am getting together all my documents for the interview next month...and i had a few questions....
1. form I 693 - says to bring a completed medical exam and vaccinatino supplement in a sealed envelope(unless already submitted). we did submit one with our application. but i do have a copy with me, do i have to take that with me?
2.1-864 - do we have to fill out another affidavit of support from my wife for the interview?
also as a sub-list, it is mentieod that i would need Federal Income tax returns AND W2s for the last 3 years...how do i get a CERTIFIED IRS printout? how much does it cost?
3. all documents establishing eligibility for LPR status....what would these be?...my passport, I94, I30( from when i went to college)?
4.supporting evidence:
this is what we have and are these suffiecient?
a) Bank account- with both our names on it.
b) Water and Gas Utilitiy bills addressed to both of us - we couldnt add my name to the cable and electricity bills. - will this be an issue?
c) Health Insurance with me under my wifes name (from her emplooyer)
d) Photos - we have only about 40 photos that have us in them...is that enough?
e) Phone records from when we first met back in 2004
f) Travel receipts for flights when i came to see her and bus receipt when i moved to be with her.
g) My bank monthly statements from early 2005 till the date before i added my wife to my account, that shows my address to be the same address as that as my wife( when we were living together before marriage) - SHOULD I TAKE THESE?
h) Cards she sent me
i) We have photos of us at family events like her grandmothers Bday and her cousins wedding etc.... - SHOULD WE TAKE THOSE?

thats as far as i can think of that would be supporting documents...if anyone can think of anymore documents please feel free to let me know.
thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

wow, the visajourney Feb filers thread has 85 pages !!! talk about serious activity and sharing

fitting or not fitting, I should go sign up there too - but then i''ll NEVER do anything other than reading forums. :)

fitting or not fitting, I should go sign up there too - but then i''ll NEVER do anything other than reading forums. :)

yes- i too am a member @ Visajourney.com-but i just peruse-I don't post.

i love you guys over here!- though i know afew people who are on both- but all my questions get answered here:cool:

cancel that... called again USCIS... every calls gives me a better understanding at how their system works... so basically my request to get a copy of the RFE is put in a queue... their target date to process my request for a copy is May 15th. As of today, it has not been fulfilled. They can only send copies of RFE every 61 days, so I am on the hook till June 15th before my case makes another move at worst... well that is if that 2nd RFE makes it here... if not, same process all over again. From what they say, it may or may not hold back the I765 from being approved depending on the nature of what is needed.

So many reasons for future filers to read our thread :)
1. Do it right first time - RFE slows you down
2. Do it right the first time period!
3. Go have a beer with cSantos at the hotel in Florida when times feel tough

Geez, if I was anywhere in Florida, i would drive down there for a beer. Cali just is too far.

feb08filer.... that and not rely on anyone but yourself... you may think you're safe going thru a lawyer, but the lawyer doesn't do anything more than just take your money... it really is just his/her secretary filling out the paperwork... a thing anyone can do by themself.

The only reason I had to go thru this lawyer is because my parents went thru the same one. I aged out of my mother's employment based application then... but I will need her paperwork information to claim being grandfathered into 245i of the mid 90's which is now basis for my AOS as being out of status. That could be very likely the reason for this 2nd RFE. I didn't want to risk being put in a position to explain/prove my case should I ever have to... hence why I felt having a lawyer be the best choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
another silver lining in the clouds...over on visajourney they have a list of people who have filed in january and february...and out of about 65 people in that time period...i am 1(one) of 6(six) people who have gotten Interview dates.:D

and now the cloud...no update on the EAD today for me.:rolleyes:

another silver lining in the clouds...over on visajourney they have a list of people who have filed in january and february...and out of about 65 people in that time period...i am 1(one) of 6(six) people who have gotten Interview dates.:D

and now the cloud...no update on the EAD today for me.:rolleyes:

yea, it seems too, from what i saw, people with interviews do not have EADs.

yea, it seems too, from what i saw, people with interviews do not have EADs.

why do u think thats so?
do u think they figure, well they already have the interview date and once u get ur GC then u can start working, might as well give the EAD's to people that dont have Interview dates( for whatever reason) so that they can atleast start working?...kinda like you can have one or the other but not both.