Lets start with Feb Filers

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 23, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

FINALLY!!!! It seems like a great day today :p My boring days and sitting at home all the time are almost over!!!! I couldn't be happier...

On April 23, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

FINALLY!!!! It seems like a great day today :p My boring days and sitting at home all the time are almost over!!!! I couldn't be happier...

congrats.......it seems like everyone has it now cept a couple of us. and my wife today was offered a for sure job. but she has two weeks to get EAD, i hope uscis doesnt ruin our life.

my prayers are on you bud!

hopefully USCIS will be kind to us and deliver us a new month full of great news, i still tink you will get EAD either this or next week!

According to the lady at my DO, you are now already free to work Sorrayah! :)
there is a form, i forget the nubmer, which says you are free, and that the card can take anywhere from 60-90 days to come, but she assured me that once the EAD has been APPROVED, you are free to work :)
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

***Happy Dance***

According to the lady at my DO, you are now already free to work Sorrayah! :)
there is a form, i forget the nubmer, which says you are free, and that the card can take anywhere from 60-90 days to come, but she assured me that once the EAD has been APPROVED, you are free to work :)
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

***Happy Dance***

Thank you everybody!!! Feb08Filer, thank you very much for a very interesting information. I have never heard about such a form! I am definitely going to check it out!!! ***Very very very happy dance***

why do u think thats so?
do u think they figure, well they already have the interview date and once u get ur GC then u can start working, might as well give the EAD's to people that dont have Interview dates( for whatever reason) so that they can atleast start working?...kinda like you can have one or the other but not both.

Sounds plausible. What gets to me in this EAD delay ... Look how many of us are awaiting the opportunity to PAY UNCLE SAM !!! and he keeps refusing us and delaying us ... unbelievable.
I tell ya, this country does not have a population crisis, if I was in charge I would SO give out those EAD's as soon as possible, even within a week, WHY ??? because anybody who applies for it surely WANTS to work, and WILLLLLLL pay taxes ... it's Free extra revenue for the govt. how lax can they get about earning revenue.

PARTICULARLY with the baby boomers aging out. it's regular current taxpayers who are supposed to pay all the baby boomer social security benefits ... and by adding us FAStEr, we have time to work our way up in the salary, and hence tax ranks - and they may just close the gap somewhat on the impeding SSbenefit deficits by this ... I don't get their logic at all.

Thank you everybody!!! Feb08Filer, thank you very much for a very interesting information. I have never heard about such a form! I am definitely going to check it out!!! ***Very very very happy dance***

here is the form. Have a HAPPY and prosperous life :)
http://www.nilc.org/immlawpolicy/misc/misc004.htm

The 4th paragraph is what is of supreme interest. I Bold Red teh stuff the lady at the DO highlighted for me.
and she said to show this form, with your EAD Approval, which together, make you free to work.
---------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS discontinues issuance of employment authorization cards at local offices

Immigrants' Rights Update, Vol. 20, Issue 4, August 23, 2006

By Linton Joaquin
Executive Director, NILC

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has issued a notice informing the public that local offices will cease accepting any applications for employment authorization on Oct. 1, 2006, and will cease processing all such applications after Sept. 1, 2006. These actions are being taken to phase out Form I-688B employment authorization cards (EACs) in favor of the Form I-766 employment authorization document (EAD), produced at a central location. The notice explains that "[t]he locally produced I-688B lacks security features and is not well suited to employment verification by employers."

The notice explains that in Nov. 2004 USCIS published a notice in the Federal Register to require that, as of Apr. 1, 2005, applications for employment authorization (on Form I-765) be filed at one of the four USCIS Service Centers or the National Benefits Center. However, some local offices have continued to accept employment authorization applications and issue Forms I-688B.

While pursuant to the notice local offices may accept employment authorization applications up until Oct. 1, 2006, after Sept. 1 they will no longer process these applications, but instead forward the applications to Service Centers. Accordingly, applicants will receive faster service by filing their applications directly with the appropriate Service Center or the Chicago Lockbox, as indicated on the Form I-765 instructions.

Notwithstanding these changes, applicants may continue using InfoPass to schedule appointments for interim work authorization when USCIS has not adjudicated the application for employment authorization within 90 days. However, as of Oct. 1, 2006, local offices will no longer produce interim EACs, and all interim EADs will be issued from a central facility. The notice explains that applicants seeking to replace an expiring EAD should file their applications at least 100 days before their current cards expire, to "minimize the possibility that the current EAD will expire before a decision is made on the new application."

Local offices will continue to process documentation of status for individuals who have been granted asylum by the immigration court or Board of Immigration Appeals, and they should continue to schedule and attend their InfoPass appointments for documentation as instructed. The local USCIS office will provide for EAD card production from the central facility.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so today i called uscis, requested i had to change the zip code on my apps and the address on the i130, do you guys think this will slow everything down?

ok so today i called uscis, requested i had to change the zip code on my apps and the address on the i130, do you guys think this will slow everything down?

rather slow it down than getting a DENIAL if they decide you "LIED" because you didn't update your address.
Hopefully though this will speed it up some, because if they already open it up for a change ... .... ... might as well ?! Let's hold thumbs for you :)

well js, with some luck, it will take them 30 days to get to the request.... another 30-60 to process it.... that should sound like a typical USCIS timeframe.... but sarcasm aside... it shouldn't... just make sure you leave USPS a new address as well.

well js, with some luck, it will take them 30 days to get to the request.... another 30-60 to process it.... that should sound like a typical USCIS timeframe.... but sarcasm aside... it shouldn't... just make sure you leave USPS a new address as well.

no i can get mail at both address, but i filed i130 before i moved out of my parents house, so i originally used there address, so i changed it to my address, which all the other applications have, except the zip code is one digit off, but i still got the mail.

Then I think it should be fine... as an IT guy... it shouldn't be more difficult than entering the new address into the system. Further communications would reflect the new mailing address. Then again, I also said it should be a simple task to get a duplicate of a lost RFE... but I find out even for that they got processing times lol.

hey guys, i got great news that i didnt think would come this late in the day.

for both my son and wife i765 card production ordered, and i131 approval notice sent, YAAAAAAAAAY...........we are so happy you dont even know. thanks for everyones support up to this point and i pray you all get yours soon too. santos you were right!!!!!!!!!

i checked my iphone email first, saw 4 new emails from cris, then checked online and it said online for all of them. we are so excited.

i checked my iphone email first, saw 4 new emails from cris, then checked online and it said online for all of them. we are so excited.

congrats thats really good news...hope i get an update tommorrow or hopefully the week after...i think the 2 weeks that my case was frozen while we took care of the RFE has really thrown my case 2 weeks behind.

hey guys, i got great news that i didnt think would come this late in the day.

for both my son and wife i765 card production ordered, and i131 approval notice sent, YAAAAAAAAAY...........we are so happy you dont even know. thanks for everyones support up to this point and i pray you all get yours soon too. santos you were right!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations js360!!! Today is a great day, isn't it? Our dream finally came true :p