Lets start with Feb Filers

my mail comes at 11 ish- so it was there- like i say dated fromn before my FP :(. Working on it now.
It seems as if I am to fill out the I-864 as well as send 2007 tax returns for us both.
Originnally i sent his 2006-i didnt work until 2007.
But we have since both filed our 2007 taxes so i am hoping that with those documents and the copleted 864A we will be back on track.

I think that swhat we will do to- i have no 06- but i can send his o6 and 07 and my 07 now they are filed.
Csantos- what if i have no 1066 form?

i hope i dont get an rfe, because i sent them everything i possibly could except my 07 filing cause i hadnt filed yet.

Damn I am hoping I won't get to deal with the 2007 tax return myself.... my parents didn't need to file but my sister who signed off on my affidavit only provided the 2006 tax return. I already got an RFE... I really hope that since they only asked for my birth certificate that everything else checked out... and that they won't send me another one for the tax returns! Any opinions?

i hope i dont get an rfe, because i sent them everything i possibly could except my 07 filing cause i hadnt filed yet.

That what i thought- now i got this!

But i didn't send my own tax returns so i can see them asking for that-BU they seem to want more from my husband.

Can i ask what exactly you sent js360 and csantos?
I have the W2 stapled to my H and R block tax returns. I have pages called the 1040nr-ez (2007).

ok you guys are starting to scare me... i'll take your advice BMORE HOPEFUL and I will be more hopeful.... this was once a promising thread!! :)

it does seem like they do go in order of receipt date... so since I seem to be leading the pack... I will let you know what else may lie ahead lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i had my taxes done at the day we sent the package, so we sent my wife's 06 and our joint 07!

it is wise to send 07 you can file online and get te print out on the same day!

we sent copies of w2's also for 07

let's hope... who knows... maybe one day they can actually realize that the IRS and USCIS are both government agencies that can... ummm... crazy concept here... share information so that it would be needless to provide hard copies of tax returns when they would be available right off the IRS database... yes I know... I'm an idealistic... sorry needed to vent :)

A loooong wait...

Wow that took a while, but checks finally got cashed. Now just waiting for the notices. Everything looks good thus far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a February filer for a family-based green card app with nothing to show for it thus far. No checks cashed, no receipt notice.

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive a rejected application back? Although everything is complete, I am wondering if they would have expected this year's tax return to be included in a February filing and would reject an application without one.

Also, I stupidly sent in an extra check for the I-131, not paying attention that no additional fees were required when filed concurrently with the I-485. The I-485, I-130 and I-765 all had the correct fees sent in with them. Will USCIS reject the entire package due to that extra check being present?

I appreciate any and all insight. Here's my timeline:

-----------------------------------------------
2/12: I-485/I-131/I-130/I-765 sent via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox
2/13: Package signed for by USCIS
3/20: Checks Cashed

Wow that took a while, but checks finally got cashed. Now just waiting for the notices. Everything looks good thus far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a February filer for a family-based green card app with nothing to show for it thus far. No checks cashed, no receipt notice.

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive a rejected application back? Although everything is complete, I am wondering if they would have expected this year's tax return to be included in a February filing and would reject an application without one.

Also, I stupidly sent in an extra check for the I-131, not paying attention that no additional fees were required when filed concurrently with the I-485. The I-485, I-130 and I-765 all had the correct fees sent in with them. Will USCIS reject the entire package due to that extra check being present?

I appreciate any and all insight. Here's my timeline:

-----------------------------------------------
2/12: I-485/I-131/I-130/I-765 sent via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox
2/13: Package signed for by USCIS
3/20: Checks Cashed

They will not reject the whole package. I sent cheques for I131 and I765 and just got a letter with the cheques attached saying no further action required.

I'm off to Vegas. I can't stand this waiting at all. I've check the USCIS website 4 times in the last 2 hours to see if there is a new LUD. I'm behaving like a nut! so 3 days away, no computer, no mailbox to run up & down the stairs for ...

Did you all create your online profiles, and added all 4 cases into the portfolio ?
that is where we see so many LUD dates. cos when I click on the case number itself, I still only see a date of when they first uploaded my case. I ask this, because I notice that you haven't posted any LUD Hopeful. Although you did recieve your RFE communications :) RFE = Activities ... it's all good :)

but now that you have that, I should quickly file my taxes online RIGHT NOW. so if I get RFE I'll have the print ready. hhhmmm. My mail always comes 2 or 3 days after yours, and only at around 5pm. So I have time :)

Have fun in Vegas Feb08Filer!
I am happy for the weekends cause i thought the uscis didn't work so i don't worry with the constant checking...but i think they actually do.

Withregards to the LUD and online case status stuff i have registered online and besides the notice dates only my EAD got "touched" the same afternoon of my FP appt. My RFE came in the mail today but has not shown up online at all. The RFE was dated for the 17th of march- no clue why i had no online update- i didn't even see it coming......puzzling.

Last year when i did my OPT and registered with the same online update system i did get a couple of emails in my inbox- yet to see them this time around but i guess i should be apply to see all 4 of my cases online :)

RFE UPDATE: so I got the tax items together but when i tried to send it fedex priority overnight so they would recieve it 2moro the system kept refusing the Zip code- CRAZY!!

So i went on both UPS and USPS sites and found they pulled up the zip code just fine- but they won't be able to get my package there until moonday- end of the day with UPS so i will just sit back and send it off 2moroo. I'll be checking on here for your opinions on TAX RFE's and what to send.....especially since i haven't found out what the 1066 form is.

well ive never seen anyone with this before, but because i filed my i130 before the rest of my package, i received email today and i130 status updated online, it says on march 21st my i130s were transfered to the NBC for processing, good or bad? or they just send it there so its all together?