Lets start with Feb Filers

Dunno what make's 'em separate couples, but this buddy had to produce a whole lot of RFE already, she did it through a lawyer. I'm not sure if her hubby has a big age difference or how long they've known each other. She didn't know why they got separated either - just that they knew all the answers and everything went smooth and she got her stamp and that her last day of immigration stress was last week ! :)

thats all thats important! i hope NOT to be seperated cause god knows I am very forgetful when nervous- it would be most unfortunate to totally forget my own address and not have hussie on hand to at least put me on track by saying the state!

i go BLANK when nervous :(

well my wifes fp appt is tomorrow as well, same as yours feb 08 filer,but its at 2pm, and we have an 1 1/2 hour drive, with traffic maybe 2. the sucky thing is, my son who is 1, got a bio appt too, code 2, for friday morning at 8am, i really hope they let him do whatever he needs to do tomorrow, other wise we will have to drive all the way back there the next morning. maybe well just stay in a hotel.

I hope they let you do it all tomorrow too js. Goodness me, cos you all have long drives ... but I'm pretty sure they will - if you show them the appointment paper, and explain how far you live ... Just believe in the best!
I'm real excited.

Unfortunaetly i did- but i drive awhole lot every week anyway- just sucked that my appt was @ 8AM!

7 mins! i envy you...lol

......wonder what makes them seperate couples.....age difference, if you have been out of status really long (like long enough to get barred forever..lol), short lenght of marriage.....i really wonder!

I don't think it's age difference. My husband and I are 8 years apart and we weren't separated. I think it's all about the IO's intuition. If he feels like something's up, it's his discretion to separate. :)

Guys.....Did you see any movement in LUD after FP? My FP was done 15 days back but did not see any movement in LUD.....Please share your experiences

Something just occured to me ...
in the G-325 they asked for the living address of both partners for the past how many years ... I wonder if these things move faster if the couple has been living together for a few years prior to getting married ?

lintas, I had a LUD update the day after the FP on a Sunday 3/16... for I765, then on 3/17 again for both I765 and I485, but that may have been for the RFE I received Tuesday... waiting to see further movement

lintas1 said:
Guys.....Did you see any movement in LUD after FP? My FP was done 15 days back but did not see any movement in LUD.....Please share your experiences

I saw movement the day after my FP.

Feb08Filer said:
Something just occured to me ...
in the G-325 they asked for the living address of both partners for the past how many years ... I wonder if these things move faster if the couple has been living together for a few years prior to getting married ?

Feb, I don't think so. My husband and I started living together 2 months before the wedding.

update on the RFE...gave my lawyer the W2s today morning and she is sending them out today. so hopefully it should start the process back up.fingers crossed.
oh another note, can u get another RFE after this one? or is it usually just one RFE per case? anyone know how that goes?

March Filer

I'm a March filer, but I would like to join you guys (the March thread is dead :))

To cestlavie104:
My parents process is through a family member, me :p, and they are using the 245i thing

efmef Welcome

Though I filed mine in mid Feb probably my dates would be in March I guess. You are welcome in here.

Welcome Efmef!!

Ya, our thread is super alive. We are also a very optimistic and positive group here - must be as we all chose to file during Leap year in Feb :)

my FP all done. I had a super cool time, and I was thrilled by the imaging software! WOW. Even specs of dust between the grooves of the fingerprint shows up in those pictures. I'll think twice before assuming my hands are clean in future :)

And a word of warning to those about to go for the Finger prints ... they take the picture that will be on your greencard and EAD at that appointment.

I thought it would only be Fingerprints, so I went straight out of the shower with WET HAir onto my motorcycle (instead of the car), so by the time I got to the FP office I had helmit hair sticking in all directions PLUS i had NO MAKE_UP on!!!!!!!
Shocking. Absolutely shocking ahahahahhahahahah
Oh well, it's the officers at the airport security who will have to look at that face and figure that yes, that is me, and no I don't always look like that ;)

welcome to our thread... thank God everything is going pretty smooth... although some of us had RFe's they went smoothy!

Feb08Filer

Welcome Efmef!!

I thought it would only be Fingerprints, so I went straight out of the shower with WET HAir onto my motorcycle (instead of the car), so by the time I got to the FP office I had helmit hair sticking in all directions PLUS i had NO MAKE_UP on!!!!!!!
Shocking. Absolutely shocking ahahahahhahahahah
Oh well, it's the officers at the airport security who will have to look at that face and figure that yes, that is me, and no I don't always look like that ;)

Wow Cool - Riding a motorcycle for fingerprinting. I do have a motor cycle but I do not think I will be gutsy enough to pull that out for any of these USCIS appointments, cant rely on mine have been stranded couple times.

Last edited by a moderator: