Lets start receipt tracking.. - Please Join Us

No Title

I don\'t think our packages were marked I-485 at the time they were sent to INS. VSC must have opened all the packages and sorted them! My I-485 was sent to VSC via overnight mail on 4/18. Still, as of yesterday, the IIO was not able to locate my application in the system.

Should we contact the ISN for help? We have to do something about it!

No Title

Thats what I\'m interpreting. They are opening the mails thats why EAD and AP people receving their receipts and they are opening RFE responses as well and then sorting it.

No Title

I just got a call from my lawyer that they received a receipt for my I-485. I filed my I-485 on 4/10/2001

No Title

ma786,

I think you are definitely right. A friend of mine sent a RFE for her h1b sometime in May, and she received her approval notice more than a week ago.

Any way to find out why they are putting I-485 receipts on hold?

No Title

Did you mailed it on 4/10/2001 or filed it on 4/10/2001. What is your rcpt date ?
your update will be apprecited.

thanks
patient_immig

No Title

INS received it on 04/10/2001 (I guess my lawyer FEDEXed it on 4/9/2001). And now my notice date is 6/26/2001.

No Title

Updated spread sheet. Looks like VSC is issuing receipts for new 485 applications received around 10th and 11th of april. Patient_immig, you should be getting your receipt notice in a couple of days and also thanks for offering to help me maintain the list. I will pass it on to you when I get bored.

Please go through the list and let me know if I missed anyone.

No Title

Hi Crapshooter,

Thanks for updating the table. It seems that there are three tables. What\'s the difference between them?

No Title

I don\'t think they differentiate the mails before they open them. After they open them, they may or may not enter them into the system. (since someone mentioned that II can trace the mailing by last name, it seems that they actually enter the Info into the system. Maybe not 100%). And the problem then really is: the system doesn\'t generate receipt. So I think the mail room is not the cause of the evil. The evil is INS\'s intention.

No Title

Probably you are right. INS does this intentionally. However, it does not mean that everything gets put into the system immediately. As a matter of fact, a lot of the I-485s are not yet in the system. If it is not in the system, then you are not going to get a receipt.

No Title

Actually the list is only one. Each time I updated it, it got appended. When I update the list next time,I will correct it.
Good luck to all of us.