Lets start receipt tracking.. - Please Join Us

No Title

April filers,
i485user,485confuser,485/vsc waiter,gc_kool,gmiranda,485sufferrer,rrani,INS Nightmare,tony1234,
Krishna Rajan,ahha,mission mission

Did you check with your respective Attorneys?
Are all of you still on this Board?

Thanks

No Title

Yeah..

My lawyer does his duty of filing papers but he is reluctant to talk with INS for anything after that. Till I get the tracking number, I do not find any way and point in calling to IIO. I am going to \'Wait and watch\' and pray.

No Title

My attorney says he sent my 485 application on April 19th. I am hoping to get my Receipt soon so that i can travel or else i\'m going to be stuck here for ever!!!! :-(

Let\'s keep this link alive folks! Good luck to all!
hope99

No Title

My attorney received the notice for 485/EAD early this week.
RD: 4/16/01, ND: 6/29/01. I think they are processing applications received around 3rd week of April. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

No Title

I filed 4/11, stilling waiting. I called my atterney this monday, she is going to call IIO this week. I will check with her today. and keep you guys update.

No Title

I made the assistant of my attorney crazy, she said that she was sure my package was there, but she doesn\'t know when I could get the receipt.

Why everything is just so slow right now? It will drive everybody crazy! I still feel so lucky that people could get together in here, we will get all of the information!

No Title

I am here. I don\'t think my lawyer can help very much at this point. I called an IIO yesterday and she did not find my name in their computer. She asked me to wait about 3-4 more weeks.

No Title

It is true. Boston\'s local office is great. It does issue EAD and Advance parole the same day granted that you have a receipt notice in hand.
There seems to be some trouble on that part.
anamarija2

No Title

Not good news at all. Contractor dispute not resoled yet.

As reported in immigration-law.com : Updated 07/06/01 INS Apparent Struggle With Frontlog and Backlog

The Service Centers have been struggling to deal with the problem of frontlog, partly tangled by the contractor dispute. As of now, there is no official information that the contractor problem has been resolved. Pending resolution of the dispute, reportedly the officials have been working on mail room tasks. Our record reflects that I-129 mails are opened since they are priority cases, but other cases, particularly I-140 and I-485 cases are continuously experiencing a terrible frontlog.
The impact of the frontlog on backlog is obvious, as reflected in the just released VSC and TSC processing times reports. Since officials are taken out for mail-room tasks, less number of officials have been made available for adjudication tasks, it appears. Additionally, since the turn-around times of various petitions/applicants are counted from the date of mail opening and sending out of receipt notices, it will definitely affect negatively backlog situation. The reports reflect crawling pace of processing across the board. The backlog situation has been further aggravated by temporary assignment of the adjudicators from the four centers to the newly created Missouri Service Center for LIFE Act cases processing.

Let hope thing will turnaround in the next weeks.

Bad2Good

No Title

that\'s exactly what I thought: they don\'t think I-485 are urgent cases so they feel comfortably delaying our receipts, hopefully
my H1-B extension(current one will be expiring on Oct 1) will go through quickly since it seems they treat H1-B cases nicer .

No Title

Well, this theory does not completely make sense. How do you explain why VSC still processes EAD/AP cases while putting I-485 receipts on hold? Are those cases of higher priority? If they were indeed of higher priority or urgency, as long as VSC doesn\'t issue I-485 receipts, how do people file for EAD/AP anyway?

My theory is that VSC deliberately delays the processing of I-485 receipts so that they will need to process fewer EAD/AP cases. Besides, someone has pointed out that VSC processes I-485 by ND, NOT RD. Therefore, by delaying issuing receipts, VSC buys itself a few more months.

No Title

Well, I do feel this theory makes sense, those EAD/AP cases still getting receipts is because they were not filed together with I-485 and some of these cases are second time extensions not the new filings, so for them , 485 receipts were already issues before the mail contractor expired and before 245(i) dealine on April 30,

the reason why we got stuck is all factors combined(mail contractor + 245(i) filing + some VSC officers were moved to Missouri to process LIFE cases), they only got X people , so they have to give separate priority on different cases based on these X people manpower.

However , I do think your theory makes sense too.

anyway, I just hope I can continue working , one way or the other.
if EAD not getting in time, H1-B extension receipt is also good for automatic employment authorization for 240 days after Oct 1.

No Title

I sent out my I-485 application on May 21st, still no information yet from INS about the receipt. Anyone knows the 180 days rule starts with the RD or the ND? Thanks.

No Title

Any one get the receipt of I485 today, please update! That\'s the real thing everyone need!

Thanks