Let\'s continue tracking I-485 receipt date

ShanXin, don\'t worry H1, it is fine.

Unless you want apply for H1 visa outside of US, I think company
can amend the approval notice by filing a new I-129 without fee.
but Yes, it has to be done by company because in H1, you are just
beneficiary not petitioner.

I took some days off recently, I just visited this thread once a while, but glad to find out today your good news.

I got my EAD receipt though haven\'t got actual card yet, haven\'t got FP notice( actually by my observation
FP notice are not sent out for April ND and onwards because of this
mailroom frontlog thing. ), I will update infitime.com once I have
new info.

Good luck to you and hope you get your real receipts real soon.

Can you get the "Case / A# / EAC" Number for I-485 over the phone from VSC?

Hi,

If you are WAITING for the I-485 Receipt and if you call the VSC and they have yours on their System. If you ask for them to give you the "Case / A# / EAC Number" will they give it to you? Has any one got it similarly? Thanks in advance.

Regards
H2O

Yes, I got it through IIO before getting real receipts.

since 485 is YOUR application, you have every right to know all info.

Got the Receipt

I-485 RD 07/02/2001
      ND 08/06/2001
I Got my EAD from my local INS office (Boston) today.

No Title

Looking at your 485 receipt date of 07/02/2001 it has been like 44 days only. How did you get an EAD. I thought u can get the EAD only if 90 days have passed and your EAD is still pending. Is your RD/ND correct ?

No Title

hi shanxin,

its really really nice to know that u hv favourable information about yr 1-485 package. had u been from india, i would have said, u got independence on yr country\'s independence day (i.e 15th aug). anyway,
whereever we r from getting something done in this country is like getting independence all over again. good luck.

No Title

I talked to IIO, I didn\'t asked them about my number, they insisted giving me that EAC-*** number and help me check my name and DOB in I485 again.

So, I think people should know about it.

EAD in Boston

Just I went with a copy(faxed by my attorney) of receipt of EAD filed in VSC on Monday.(I did not receive 485 receipt yet). Boston INS gave me an EAD but charged $100. Also advised me to write a letter to VSC to withdraw EAD app.

RD 6/1 ND 8/3

What happened in Vermont SC?

We saw some July 2 cases got the receipt number, and many June cases still in the waiting list for receipt number, What happened in VSC?

Vasumeda

Hi Vasumeda,
Could you confirm your Receipt date is July 02 or June 02. As i don\'t
see any receipts beyond June 14th

Question for Mukund

Mukund,

Thanks for sharing your info. I have few questions for you.

1). What did you take with you to Boston office to get the EAD? Is\'t the Copy of "Actual Receipt Notice of Action" for EAD (Or) Mail Carrier\'s Delivery Confirmation for EAD Application? A more detailed info. would be appreciated.

2). Do Boston Office issue an EAD WITHOUT a Copy of I-485 Receipt Notice? What other Documents did you take with you?

3). Is\'t "Possible" to get the EAD from Boston Office WITHOUT \'Copy of Receipt notice for I-485 AND EAD"?

4). What time did you go there and how much time/rush it took/was there?

Thanks for your info.

Have a good day.

Regards
H2O

No Title

Yeah, My RD is on July 2nd(My Attorney mailed it on June 29th).
I am also Surprised. I think INS is moving fast. Check with your attorney.

Ans to H2O

Hi,

My attorney faxed me the receipt issued by INS for EAD(not mailing confirmation) and I took that to Boston. I did not have 485 receipt from INS. When I showed it to the officer he immedaitely told me he can give EAD but I have pay another $100. Thats it. I did not
even had photos and they took one with their Camera(Simillar to RMV)

I think Boston expects a proof of filing(from INS not mailing receipt) for adjustmet of status and any receipt 485/EAD/AP may constitute the proof,since based on file number (A ### ## ###) they can find you in the computer. Though EAC numbers are differnt on
diffrent recei[pts of a person A number remains the same.

Hope this helps.

A month back I tried with Fedex receipt and Boston INS did not even let me in. So you can try even if you just got AP receipt or approval(Many get AP approval couple of days before they receive receipts).

No Title

i am really really surprised about this july 2nd receipt. just hoping that vsc is really moving fast.

Do we have to pay fee again for EAD at local INS

Do we have to pay fee again for EAD at local INS....
If I have EAD/485 Receipts with me
do I need to carry photos too...as you said if we don\'nt carry they take a picture.
Is taking 2 photos is requirement