Let\'s continue tracking I-485 receipt date

Keep in touch

Hi there:

My checks were also cleared around May01 and I have not received any receipt notices. Please let me know, when you get yours. We might get receipts at the same time

I-485 Status

Hi,

I got my receipt notice finally exactly two months after they got my application. They got my app on 6/4 and the receipt date on the notice was 8/3.

I did not apply for my EAD but I have changed my mind. I understand that I can apply for it from INS local office. Where can I find a local INS office?

Thanks.

same here

I don\'t think you can get one from your local INS office if you haven\'t submitted application to regional INS (VSC) first and pending 90 days. However, I have heard that you can get one from Boston office by showing your I-485 receipt. Don\'t know if it is true. Has anybody ever tried? How true is it?

JimZ

EAD

Yes its true, you can get EAD on the same day at Boston office.
You don\'t have to apply for EAD at Vermont. All you need is I485 Receipt/ 2 AIDT Style Pictures/$100 MO.

If you already applied at VSC, just go with receipt and picture, no fee required. No 90 days rule...

MadeInAndhra, thanks for the confirmation

I only have copy of I-485 receipt at hand (the lawyer has original). Does it matter I just bring the copy?

JimZ

No Title

JimZ and all the guys, I talked to IIO this morning, they found my stuff in their system, it was typied in last Friday afternoon. I guess I will get my receipt within this week, so feel kind of relief. Guys, don\'t worry, you will get yours! I do appreciate your surpport!

Now my question is:
1. will the money cashed before or after receipt receiving?
2. Do you get your EAD receipt along with your I485 receipt?

Please help!

Thanks a lot!

Congratulations

I told you it will work out. I don\'t know the check cashing issue but I do get an email from the lawyer the EAD would take another 90 days :-(

JimZ

Hi, ShanXin, glad to hear your case is in the system.

Sometimes, check cashed after receipts were generated. But I am not
sure since have no way to trace my lawyer\'s bank,

I got all receipts for 485/EAD/AP together.

JIMZ

Does it mean I should get a seperate receipt of EAD? And the 90 days rule is gonna according to the RD of EAD receipt?

getGCin2002

Hi,where have you been these days? I didn\'t find your name on this discussion for a while. Yes, today is my lucky day, I do feel relief even now I still don\'t get the receipt yet. I do feel better right now. But things are not that perfect always, last night I just found that the date of birth on my new I94(parts of H1 extension)was wrong, I called INS this morning, but I was told that they could do nothing for me about this, only people from my company could do this because they only modify H1 things for company, not for individual. Hope this won\'t have any bad influence on my GC procedure. I let my legal assistant know about this, she said she will handle this if she got time.

How about you? Did you get your EAD or FP notice? Don\'t forget to modify the infitime.com, for JimZ add two additional fields to that form, for FP and AD, we could track together all the time, isn\'t it great?

ShanXin