LC thru CIBER

IFGC,
One question for you. Looks like our traditional LC will get approved by mid-next year.

If I file PERM application and then apply for EAD. Possibly EB2 will retrogate after some time after that. So once I get my labor approved in mid-next year, do you foresee that my application will be able to use my old PD or will have to continue using my PD with PERM process.

Right now PERM and traditional labor are separate labors and you can file them both and get both of them approved. Also filing PERM while retaining old PD is not possible because of glitches in the system. So I am exploring my options. I have to get EAD because of 6 year end and also get GC ASAP after that if possible.

vb1 said:
IFGC,
One question for you. Looks like our traditional LC will get approved by mid-next year.

If I file PERM application and then apply for EAD. Possibly EB2 will retrogate after some time after that. So once I get my labor approved in mid-next year, do you foresee that my application will be able to use my old PD or will have to continue using my PD with PERM process.

Right now PERM and traditional labor are separate labors and you can file them both and get both of them approved. Also filing PERM while retaining old PD is not possible because of glitches in the system. So I am exploring my options. I have to get EAD because of 6 year end and also get GC ASAP after that if possible.

To my knowledge, once you file PERM from the same co., your prior labor gets withdrawn & the PD is attached to the PERM...so you do port the PD; but, the big thing is getting PERM approval. Now, that the glitches are being worked upon...I think with lot of planning & scrutiny of the application & good coordination with the attorney's office, you should be able to get your papers thru. As you are a EB2 case, it can make sense, but let the attorney give a clear picture w/o any ambiguity...so that you can decide.
BTW...my attorney's office...Brikho & Kallabat did mention that they were filing PERM & they were preparing for it in Mar/Apr....so not sure when you say CIBER hasn;t filed any PERM till now...maybe Paul Besso can give you some direction.
My feeling is that we should get the labor in the 1st quarter of 06.
good luck!
LFGC
CO-EB3-Reg-Mar-02-BPC-D-Dec-04-No 45 day ltr

PERM filing

Ifgc:
I had enquired with my lawyer. He had said that it will be very very risky to file for PERM and retain your old PD. So even if I get approved under PERM, my PD will be according to my new labor cert. I am thinking that EB2 will get retrogated in 2 months based on rumors around the corner at some sites like shusterman.com. So if I will be able to get labor certified using my old PD date that will be great. Looks like waiting for old labor to get approved will be better option if that will get approved till March 2006.

One question that comes in mind is if I get my PERM approved (without the option to use my old PD in PERM labor form) and then apply for 140/485 stage using my old PD, can I do that? I think it is not possible. Either you have to specify in your PERM to use old PD or you lose it. In that case you have to again wait for PERM labor to get approved. If you know about this situation let me know.
Please keep the thread posted with any happenning on labor at BEC like 45-day letter received

Thanks

Ciberites please sujjest

Hey Ciberites,

I just came accross this Ciber thread today & am I glad so see that I am not alone here:)

Here is my story, I got a regular labor filed Dec 04, so just 6 months ago in EB2, I have got 2&1/2 years left on my H1:

1. Do you think it makes sense for me to file for PERM and remove my earlier application.....
2. Does anyone know if ciber has filed PERM yet?

Thanks

getmelc

Hi:
I am not aware if anyone filed with PERM yet. I do think that CIBER is palnning to file applications in PERM in next one month though.

Thanks

45 day letter

Hi:
I came to know that 45-day letters were received for Ciber cases filed in March 2002 (PD). There are 2 such cases. Has anyone received the 45-day-letters yet.

No PERM via Ciber

Hi
I also came to know that Ciber is not supporting PERM applications.

vb1 said:
Hi:
I came to know that 45-day letters were received for Ciber cases filed in March 2002 (PD). There are 2 such cases. Has anyone received the 45-day-letters yet.

VB1, do you have any details on these 45 day letters? I filed in Feb 2002 and have not had any update yet... I was even in triage back in October, but then the whole BEC missery started.

Hi:
I just came to know that the cases from 2002 March PD have received 45-day-letter and they were filed via Ciber. So I assume that they were filed in regular limited review. I feel your 45-day letter must be on th way or already received. One thing can be tried is mailing dallas BEC centre for status and see if case number is generated.
I agree that your's was unlucky in the sense Dnver were processing Jan 2002 and suddenly this BEC mess started

vb1 said:
Hi:
I just came to know that the cases from 2002 March PD have received 45-day-letter and they were filed via Ciber. So I assume that they were filed in regular limited review. I feel your 45-day letter must be on th way or already received. One thing can be tried is mailing dallas BEC centre for status and see if case number is generated.
I agree that your's was unlucky in the sense Dnver were processing Jan 2002 and suddenly this BEC mess started
Hi,
My case is a Mar-02 case...will check with my attorney...Brikho & Kallabat tomorrow & get back as I get any info.
vb1: who's your attorney...
thx.
LFGC

lfgc said:
Hi,
My case is a Mar-02 case...will check with my attorney...Brikho & Kallabat tomorrow & get back as I get any info.
vb1: who's your attorney...
thx.
LFGC

ok let us know. I also use B&K, but have not received an update yet.

Where did you get the 45day info from? PB from CIBER or from an attorney?

gcpk said:
ok let us know. I also use B&K, but have not received an update yet.

Where did you get the 45day info from? PB from CIBER or from an attorney?
Hi,
did receive some info...offcourse, nothing specific...its as given below:

"Yes, we are slowly....receiving 45-day receipt letters for 2002
applications. They are coming slowly and we are processing them as soon
as they come.
We will contact you as soon as we receive any information concerning
your application."

So, we'll have to wait & see when our turn comes in.
A request...the moment anyone gets the 45-day ltr...pl post here ASAP...so that we can keep an eye on our turn.
rgds,
lfgc

lfgc said:
Hi,
did receive some info...offcourse, nothing specific...its as given below:

"Yes, we are slowly....receiving 45-day receipt letters for 2002
applications. They are coming slowly and we are processing them as soon
as they come.
We will contact you as soon as we receive any information concerning
your application."

So, we'll have to wait & see when our turn comes in.
A request...the moment anyone gets the 45-day ltr...pl post here ASAP...so that we can keep an eye on our turn.
rgds,
lfgc

I have seen many folks from TX and CA receiving the 45 day letters, but have not seen any from our CO state. Not sure if the "coming slowly" has to do with CO or with other states...

Attorney

Hi Ifgc:
My attorney is Jim Eiss. From that office I got to know that they have received 45-day letters for Ciber cases filed in March 2002. I hope yu also receive the same soon. How much time do you think it will take after they receive 45-day letters. My attorney said that he really doubts if the labor will be approved for regular cases like us in 6 months after 45-day letters because our applications go through recruitment process unlike RIR where recruitment is already completed. I am really frustrated with this process.

Everyone please let me know if anyone received 45-day letters filed via Ciber

Is it advisable to switch to PERM?

Hi, My Labor certification was filed in August, 2002. I have not received any email from my Lawer, Michael Piston, on 45-day letter.

When I inquired about speeding up the processing I received the following information.

"Unfortunately anyone with cases pending prior to the PERM processing is in the same predicament at the moment. Their cases are with the backlog reduction centers and all we know is that processing is ongoing for 2001 and 2002 cases. Most immigration attorneys recommend waiting it out with the reduction centers if you have a 2001 or 2002 priority date instead of converting to the new PERM program. The reason for that is that even though PERM cases can be approved in as little as 45 days, without an older priority date you won’t be able to file an I-485 application. With the retrogression of the EB3 numbers and the possible retrogression of EB2, priority dates are more important than ever and the 01 and 02 dates are especially valuable."

In case if it helps...

Rao.

Retain your priority Date

Switching to PERM will not expediate the process of GC. One can only have Labor certified but the entire GC process is based on Priority Dates. Earlier the Priority Date, Better are chances that your GC process will complete first.

Also heard from my lawyer, that BECs expect to have all information on old applications of 02 in the systems by SEPT / OCT of 05 . Considering the holiday season / hurricane season / pace of workers workign in BECs, I would expect it to be finished by DEC 05 and will have 45 days issued there after to issue the letter.

Patience is the key. I am already in 7 th year extension and will re apply for 8 th year stay (i.e. 2 nd time one year extension on H1B) again by OCT 05.

Hope this helps.
PT Date OCT 02 - EB3 Denver

Hi Ciberites,
Though I'm sure that anyone receiving the '45-day' ltr will be posting it here...just a reminder to post it ASAP...so that we can individually follow-up with our attornies...good data helps in getting more info out fm them..:)
rgds,
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-No 45 day ltr

45 day letter

Hi Guys:
I also have not recieved any 45-day letter as yet. My details are

PD: July 2002
Never reached anywhere
State : CO

According to what I have seen any application which reached regional are getting approvals whether be it RIR or regular. Also data entry is proceeding with very slow pace and I doubt whether we will get data entered soon. My lawyer said that CO may be the last box to be data entried. I am so sad on that. But I believe once all data entry is complete totally FIFO will follow and people with earlier PD be it RIR or regular will get aprovals.

With this information, how is your guess on labor approvals. Can you throw some guesses based on your observation. Based on my judgement Jan 02 to Oct 02 or so cases will all have approval around June-July 2006 and they will receive 45 day letters in Dec or Jan 3/4 months from now. What do you think. I am giving best case scanario and weall expected our 45- days by now.

Indian? Wait for Green Card just got longer

Here is nice article on Current GC process in Rediff newspaper.

http://us.rediff.com/money/2005/oct/07visa.htm?q=bp&file=.htm

My friends who filed from Michigan in AUG 2003(RIR) and OCT 2003(RIR) got their 45 day letter.Both of them are working for small company and filed under RIR. How come big and good company can not file under RIR.

If Ciber would have filed under RIR, Most of them have received GC by now.
As ciber filed under limited review, Does it matter as it went to Backlog Center( centreal processing)?.

Plus, How long it take to get approval on NON-RIR case once we receive 45 day letter.FAct is, non-RIR case needs to go through Advertisement , recruitment process etc.
I can see many Ciber people filed in 2002 did not receive 45 day letter.

Filed in AUG 2002(NON-RIR)
Never reached Regional.
Went to Dallas backlog center.

45-day ltr recd.

Recd info fm my attorney's office that they had recd & replied to my 45-day ltr in Oct-05.
rgds,
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-45 day ltr-Oct2005