LC through Sprint

new approvals

My case was sent to DOL in April. I did not see any new update (approvals) in AVM in the last couple months, except for some 'NOF Rebuttals Received'.

Can anyone who received approval after 'NOF' was received, let us know how long it took for them for getting an approval?

thanks

Rejections!?!

j2003,

Do you happen to know what reason was given (by DOL or Sprint or Lawyer) for those who got their LCs rejected?

Can that person apply again through Sprint (or with someother company?)

thanks,
kslc

Re: Rejections!?!

kslc,

The person who got rejected is not a direct friend of mine, so I don't know full details. Also Sprint does not want us to talk about it to any other people including colleagues in Sprint.

Sure, you can always apply with someother company.

-J2003

That's fine

I agree with you that Sprint (or infact, any company) does not want their employees discussing these things. My intention was to know the generic reason without going into any specific case details - 'why that case was rejected', so that, others will be careful/ready when it comes to their case/time.

Mine was forwarded to DOL in April. Compared to other cases in the list, I guess it is months away. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks anyway.
kslc

Last edited by a moderator:
How to get info from AVM

kcgc4me,

1. Dial 312-353-1059
2. Press '1' and then
3. Press '2'
4. Enter your immigration co-ordinator's phone number.
5. Follow the prompts to hear info on all cases filed by Sprint.

Also, I noticed that updates in AVM are faster than 'lcstatus' email.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
kslc

kslc
thank you for the info. I see some cases filed in dec2001 has been approved, while the other applications from march 2003 have no status other than receipt notice.
Did you obtaine case number and DOT Code from our legal?

How to find your case info?

kcgc4me,

Send email to LCSTATUS05@doleta.gov.
Make sure there is NOTHING in the subject line.
In the message text, put your immigration co-ordinator's phone number in the following format - "Employer Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx" (without quotes) and NOTHING else.

You should receive an email with the same info you heard on AVM + the salary info for each case. Cross match it to find your case.

Legal dept does not check any status. They act only when any communication is received from Labor Dept (I guess only, in written format).

Good Luck.
-kslc

Last edited by a moderator:
kcgc4me

kcgc4me

you posted that cases filed/reached Chicago in Dec 2001 were approved. Could you please post how you got that info. Did you hear that in the AVM. I've been checking the AVM and didn't hear any approvals in the last few months.

Any Approvals

Did anyone who have a status of 'NOF' or 'NOF Rebuttal Received' get any response (or approvals) from DOL? Please let us know how much time it took in your case and if possible - 'What happened' in brief?

The reason I'm asking this is, I came to know that some people that I know got their approvals (their case was sent to DOL sometime in mid March 2003).

There is something wrong with processing of Sprint cases. If anyone has any clue, please post.

Thanks,
kslc

LC cases

I didnt hear anything on my case that was filed in March. Legal is in hurry to file my 7th year extenstion, and i suspect i might have gotten NOF on my LC.
I sent a mail with status query. We all know the standard response, if i get any thing with info we can use i will post it.

I finally send email to LCSTATUS05@doleta.gov with both our legal contacts and got status on 16+26=42 cases .
Kind of hard to believe there is only 42 cases with Chicago DOL from Sprint. Anyway i couldnt find a match to my case. I see other cases recieved in March.

Kslc,
Does the wage in the status exactly match your salary?

Match

kcgc4me,

In my case, the salary, at the time of applying state LC, was used.

From what I found, it is ok to have a salary change after your LC is applied but not your title change. But, since all (most of) our applications are filed as generic 'Software Engineer', I guess it should be ok.

I'm surprised to know that your case is not updated in LCSTATUS even though it was filed back in March 2003. Hope you see it soon.

-kslc

kcgc4me

kcgc4me

I guess all the 42 cases are in NOF Issued/NOF Rebuttal received status. Did you see any approval at all?

No progress

I am wondering if anybody found anything from their attorney on progress made on the NOF responses. The last I heard from mine was that they haven't heard a word on the Feb responses yet, so the ones for May might be a while.

Anybody got more?

Thanks
Raju

NOF responses

Hi,

Are you saying that some cases forwarded to Chicago DOL in May also got NOFs? Well, my case was forwarded in April 1st week. I haven't heard anything from my lawyer so far.

-kslc

Well, Mine was sent to DOL in April and I got a NOF. They responded to it in May. So, now it is just a waiting game...

hmm!

All IL cases seems to be getting approved within 3-4 months. Too bad these layoffs at Sprint are delaying the green card process.

-kslc