LC halt due to string of Layoffs

Another way of Labor process when there are layoffs...

I work at a Telecom company, My company had a lot of layoffs, So my lawyer told INS is rejecting new labor but he is using a pre approved labor of a laid off person.

GC stoped due to layoffs

Hi 4gcard1,

Can you check if there is any progress on my company? I work for Compaq. Filed my federal labor in May 2000 from Dallas DOL. Our company had some layoffs.

I am interested in knowing this:

1. When was the last labor approved of CPQ?
2. What is the current action/intension of DOL w.r.t. CPQ?

Thanks

No Title

CPQGC,
       Can you tell me if your labor was received by DOL Dallas or TWC in May 2000? Also is this RIR or not?

OOOPSEY !!!!

Mike,
OOOPS ... Got the year wrong !!!

EB2 / RIR
SESA in Mar 2001. DOL Dallas in May 2001

Thanks !

How to check those cases?

Hi, guys, how you can check those case situations?
I filed regular LC. It is received Oct, 2001.
I am now wonderinig if I can file a RIR LC since no layoffs
happened in lucent for 6 months.

Does any body know the Nortel\'s Tax ID

I am working in Motorola and want to know how labor cases of Nortel are moving at DOL , chicago . If any body knows Nortel \'s Tax ID - please let us know .Any body working in NORTEL , Please check your Paystub or W2 form and please let us know .
Infact it is a good idea , if we collect the information about all the held up cases . If it starts moving with one company , it is going to move with others . I am trying to get some green information . We at MOT are exoecting some good news in the end of May .

psirip

Sprint

Hi,
   I work for Sprint Telecommunications company and my labor was filed with SESA in Feb 15, 2001. My attorney informed that my State Labor has been cleared in Sept 2001 and the petition was sent to Regional Office (Federal Level) in Sept 2001 itself. My company had layoffs during the Oct 2001 and the Regional Dept stopped processing the petitions from our company. Can you please check when was the last application approved from Federal Level and also the present applications from our company are hold or not. I really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Raj

I am in the same boat....

My LC was applied on Feb 2 2001 and the application moved to federal on 13th Sept 2001. I have not heard any thing after that.
If the rumors about lay offs are true then we can forget about getting LC

LC approved

Hi All,
My LC has been approved on Apr18th,\'02. My case was pending at DOL because my company laid off thousands of employees( Still laying off). Some miracle happend and my case got approved. Waiting for Hard Copy.
Wish you all the best. Thank you all for the support in this forum.

Arkay.

No Title

Hi arkay_a ,

Congratulations....thank you for posting this information.

Is it SF DOL, the RD you\'re referring to ...thanks !!!

LC

Hi

Our attorney had filed papers for regular LC this week only. What shouldi know to check the status and what\'s next in the process. Someone explain the steps in LC.

Prabha

Just have patience.

call your state Work Force Agency(SWA) to find out where your case is and when it will go to your regional office. You can get the number for SWA from www.doleta.gov.

good luck