• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Late dv lottery 2012 winner notification

giouli

Registered Users (C)
I was just notified by email that i was among the 2012 dv selectees. I didnt know there was a second drawing i just found out searching the web... I had checked my status in may but was not selected in the first drawing and now 2 months before expiration date i receive the mail saying i am selected apparently in the 2nd drawing.
My question to the forum is did they notify in time the selectees of the 2nd drawing that they repeated the lottery? I didnt know and did not receive a mail back then. I am very upset about it. I was not oblidged to know they repeated the lottery and why do they notify me now and not back then. Isnt it to late to get a gc issued in just 2 months? Has anyone had a similar experience?

I was just notified by email that i was among the 2012 dv selectees. I didnt know there was a second drawing i just found out searching the web... I had checked my status in may but was not selected in the first drawing and now 2 months before expiration date i receive the mail saying i am selected apparently in the 2nd drawing.
My question to the forum is did they notify in time the selectees of the 2nd drawing that they repeated the lottery? I didnt know and did not receive a mail back then. I am very upset about it. I was not oblidged to know they repeated the lottery and why do they notify me now and not back then. Isnt it to late to get a gc issued in just 2 months? Has anyone had a similar experience?

I think you should send the forms immediately to KCC, so that an interview date is alloted to you. Which country do you belong to, by the way? That could also affect your result, you don't want to be put under administrative processing?
Best of luck!

It's not too late to get the GC based on 2012 DV selection, and there's no reason to be upset about the notification in my opinion. You can either get cracking by sending in your forms to KCC and getting the rest of your documents in other while preparing for the interview (if you're still interested in utilizing the golden opportunity you've been presented with) or forget about it and try again with DV2014 - maybe you might be selected again.

First of all coooongs! Secondly, send the form asap to KCC. You have until 30th Sept 2012 to get your visa. You still have time. Do not throw away this chance.

I believe there are others like you. I read some where that the DV guys had a balance of visas last year and they do not want that to happen again. So they want to notify as many winners as possible in order to finish all the visas.

thank you guys for all your answers. however one question remains unanswered. Where the people of dv lottery 2012 2nd selection notified in june 2011? i know that they dont notify winners in general but 2012 lottery was different due to the 2nd selection so in my opinion they should have notified.... i wonder if they send emails back in june 2011 did anyone receive such mail or only those who happen to have heard about the second selection where lucky enough to check their status in time

thank you guys for all your answers. however one question remains unanswered. Where the people of dv lottery 2012 2nd selection notified in june 2011? i know that they dont notify winners in general but 2012 lottery was different due to the 2nd selection so in my opinion they should have notified.... i wonder if they send emails back in june 2011 did anyone receive such mail or only those who happen to have heard about the second selection where lucky enough to check their status in time

Where the people of dv lottery 2012 2nd selection notified in june 2011?
???

KCC notifies selectees thru https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ & the fact that they r notifying u by email is them doing u a big favor(Do remember that on the eDV application page,supplying ur email address is an option;u can only imagine those who never supplied their email addresses as to whether their cases will move forward.)

Consider this opportunity a lifeline & fall for it hook,line & sinker unless of course ur not interested:confused:.

Email notification began with DV2012(if am not wrong) of which that notification referred u to the aforementioned website to check ur interview date & not to remind u to check ur whether u've won or not!!

???

KCC notifies selectees thru https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ & the fact that they r notifying u by email is them doing u a big favor(Do remember that on the eDV application page,supplying ur email address is an option;u can only imagine those who never supplied their email addresses as to whether their cases will move forward.)

Consider this opportunity a lifeline & fall for it hook,line & sinker unless of course ur not interested:confused:.

Email notification began with DV2012(if am not wrong) of which that notification referred u to the aforementioned website to check ur interview date & not to remind u to check ur whether u've won or not!!
================================================================================
I am in the same situation, i was notified by email on July 13th that I should click the below link to get my confirmation number which I did and then proceeded to entrant page and filled in the information, I realized I am among the selectee and that I should proceed by sending forms to KCC which I did on the 24th July and it was delivered on the 30th July but yesterday I was going through the hard copies I had made as extra and found out the dates on my forms had been changed to some sort of Thai( Thailand) date which might have occurred on the computer at the printing shop. I'm about to call KCC in few mins to notify them about this, any advices please ? I am in Thailand Thank you

================================================================================
I am in the same situation, i was notified by email on July 13th that I should click the below link to get my confirmation number which I did and then proceeded to entrant page and filled in the information, I realized I am among the selectee and that I should proceed by sending forms to KCC which I did on the 24th July and it was delivered on the 30th July but yesterday I was going through the hard copies I had made as extra and found out the dates on my forms had been changed to some sort of Thai( Thailand) date which might have occurred on the computer at the printing shop. I'm about to call KCC in few mins to notify them about this, any advices please ? I am in Thailand Thank you

This is interesting!!!!!!! to mean the link u rcvd had ur confirmation number??? if u dont mind,I would like to see the screen shot of that email(obeezyb@gmail.com)

The best thing to do is to fill in new forms & send them via email ASAP with a cover letter explaining ur alterations.

???

i checked my status in may and wasnt selected. i didnt know there was a second selection and it wasnt my obligation to know that ok? that is why i think for dv lottery 2012 they should have notified. it is not my fault and i didnt show i wasnt interested. i knew i had to check on 2 may i did never bothered again.

i checked my status in may and wasnt selected. i didnt know there was a second selection and it wasnt my obligation to know that ok? that is why i think for dv lottery 2012 they should have notified. it is not my fault and i didnt show i wasnt interested. i knew i had to check on 2 may i did never bothered again.

Unfortunately this shows ur lack of commitment to the DV process since if u were committed,u would have known that there was a redraw in July & that new winners were selected!!!Either way,I'm sure KCC has notified many more & the visas r in short supply thus time for u(the later winners) is of the essence.

Hi

The only way to know you had been selected for a 2012 processing is through keying in the no you got while applying the Dv. The state government doesn't notify any winner through email and they will only initiate email communication when KCC sends email confirming receipt of your papers. Kindly sober up and try to use your no. to check for your status, i guess you still have time if you confirm through that you had won.

My dear, you not alone. If i was u, i will download and quickly send the DSP-122 and DS-230(part I and II) forms along side your two recent passport photos (see specification) to KCC.

You have got to be very fast!

I think you should send the forms immediately to KCC, so that an interview date is alloted to you. Which country do you belong to, by the way? That could also affect your result, you don't want to be put under administrative processing?
Best of luck!

please what do you mean by 'administrative processing' ?

Yes i think you should. dont take chances. We will all get there!
LOLZ...

My dear, most of us got our notification 13th july. You are not alone.
Save yourself the stress by submitting your forms to KCC as quickly as possible.

Congrats!

Administrative Processing

please what do you mean by 'administrative processing' ?

Certain countries are not trusted by the US government. The US government considers citizens of such countries to be potential threat to the US's national security. Their documents are also checked thoroughly. So they get an extra scrutiny by the embassy. As long as they are clean, they get the visa. The problem with AP is the sheer amount of time that it takes, upto 6 months. So, if you belong to such a country, and at the time of the interview if you are put under administrative processing, there is very less chance that you get the visa by the end of 30th september. I also belong to such a country, Afghanistan. So, I am worried that my case would take alot of time. But, thank God, I've got a low case number, which gives me hope!

This is all that I knew, and I've learnt all this by reading this forum. Search for administrative processing in this forum, you will find numerous threads.

Best of luck!

Certain countries are not trusted by the US government. The US government considers citizens of such countries to be potential threat to the US's national security. Their documents are also checked thoroughly. So they get an extra scrutiny by the embassy. As long as they are clean, they get the visa. The problem with AP is the sheer amount of time that it takes, upto 6 months. So, if you belong to such a country, and at the time of the interview if you are put under administrative processing, there is very less chance that you get the visa by the end of 30th september. I also belong to such a country, Afghanistan. So, I am worried that my case would take alot of time. But, thank God, I've got a low case number, which gives me hope!

This is all that I knew, and I've learnt all this by reading this forum. Search for administrative processing in this forum, you will find numerous threads.

Best of luck!

I just got my interview appoint letter and the page has been updated too, Glory be to God, everyone who was notified late as a DV2012 winner and has sent their documents to KCC should please call KCC and check their emails and their confirmations online incase they have been scheduled an appointment.
Good luck to you all.

I just got my interview appoint letter and the page has been updated too, Glory be to God, everyone who was notified late as a DV2012 winner and has sent their documents to KCC should please call KCC and check their emails and their confirmations online incase they have been scheduled an appointment.
Good luck to you all.

congratulations my bro...m so happy for..i jus send my forms on 31st july 2012 n was recieved on 2nd august...m still waitin for there email regarding date of my interview...if i may ask u..how long did it take for u to get emailed abt ur interview schedule?..im still so worried if will be emailed or not..anywyz big congrats..!!

congratulations my bro...m so happy for..i jus send my forms on 31st july 2012 n was recieved on 2nd august...m still waitin for there email regarding date of my interview...if i may ask u..how long did it take for u to get emailed abt ur interview schedule?..im still so worried if will be emailed or not..anywyz big congrats..!!

Thank you, I sent my forms on the 26th and it was delivered on the 30th, 2nd NL today. good luck to you and every one else