Last updated date changed for Jan '03 case

I am just waiting now for the date for the interview from Atlanta office, people who have gone through interviews there said that I might get interview by Feb 05 and by that time dates are going to retrogess.

So, just relaxing now because worrying is not going to help anyway.

Gorilla your case might be approved as soon as they touch it now, so all the best. For me the last date has been changing everyday since the file was transferred on 11/17, I don't know what does that mean also it is surprising as mostly everyone said that once the file is transferred it's big black hole and online status becomes useless but in my case date has been changing even though they said they transferred the case.

I am not sure if they are just changing LUD to keep us happy. After 9/7/04 (when they received my response to RFE), I suddenly saw two LUD changes - 11/24 and 11/29. I know that the first one is in response to my inquiry. Not sure what the second one is in response to...

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
OneMoreStupid, I understand that I485 and AP are two different things and they are handled by different Officers and I am 100% sure that my application is delayed due to Name/Security Check as USCIS has never requested one for me. Just wanted to share the status update on my application.

Gorilla,
I am really mad and very upset by the indifference USCIS is showing towards the pending 2002 applicants especially when I see the approvals of early 2004 coming in.....

OneMoreStupid said:
I don't think there is a link between EAD/AP approval and delayed 485 process.For thoese whose 485 Rd date < June 1st 2003, its delayed due to Name/Security check not cleared. These checks are independent of USCIS activity.

To be honest, I really feel happy and sad. Happy for all those friends who got there approvals and atleast they don't have to go through the same pain what we are all going through and feel very Sad that in a country like USA, with so much of techonology, there is absolutely no Que system in the way the applications are handled.

As fas as the entire GC process, the very easy one is the third stage where if all the documents are submitted, all it takes for the IIO is just 5 to 15 minutes to look at the case and probably another 15 minutes to adjudicate the case or send an RFE, but because of some mistakes on USCIS part, most of the applicants like us are now suffering and I am 100% sure that the people in USCIS are least concerned about our plights and issues.

LiveAndLetLive said:
Needhelp1, I agree. Nothing against those who applied in 2003 or 2004, but why discriminate against us. What wrong did we do?

Thanks

"NeedHelp1' & 'Pream Chopra' for your helpful support words.

Prem,

Good to hear that you are expecting by feb. I hope it will not delay further.... :mad:

Need Help1,

How many days it took for you get Ap2?

I will be starting to renew my EAD/Ap 3. they will expire in feb'05

Prem, Good Luck to You Buddy and God only knows whats the deal with LUD as mine is still showing the Jan 03 date.

Gorilla,
I applied my AP2 on first week of Sep 04 and I got it approved in 2 1/2 months. Actually I am also planning on applying for EAD3 renewal as our will be expiring in the second week of March 05. I think it is taking on an average 6o to 90 days for the EAD and AP approvals. Good Luck!

Any idea that if I apply for EAD renewal, USCIS will look for Name Check Status Clearance ? If so then I will plan on applying our EAD's immediately. Please advice.

Did you do Efilling of EAD or did you apply by mail ?
And do we need to go again to the INS office for finger printing again for EAD renewal ?
LiveAndLetLive said:
I already applied for my third EAD two weeks ago. :(

I EFiled the renewal. Yes, you need to go to the INS office. Not sure why they need the finger prints so many times. %^&*(!@#$%^&*

Let me know if you need any info about eFiling.

needhelp1,

How do you know that USCIS has never requested the Name/Security check for you? Did you get that information from FBI or USCIS? If so how did you follow up this issue?

I got an email confirmation from FBI that my name check was never requested and all I did was faxed that info to my congressman's office and they are following up my case with USCIS. I have been adviced not to tell USCIS that I was actually following up my case with FBI as that might irritate the IIO who is working on my case as it is basically a negligence on USCIS part not to send my name check and they have wasted almost two years of my valuable time. If my name check was done at time, then I would have had my approval long back......

OneMoreStupid said:
needhelp1,
How do you know that USCIS has never requested the Name/Security check for you? Did you get that information from FBI or USCIS? If so how did you follow up this issue?

'LiveAndLetLive'

Does your case is direct or did you applied any AC21??. It seems you already completed 3 months since rfe replied??

it seems your 'LUD' changed yesterday(11/29), you might trigger some thing..today or tomorrow?? Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorilla said:
'LiveAndLetLive'

Does your case is direct or did you applied any AC21??. It seems you already completed 3 months since rfe replied??

it seems your 'LUD' changed yesterday(11/29), you might trigger some thing..today or tomorrow?? Best of luck

I have changed company but not applied for AC21 but left my sponsoring company. However my sponsoring company is ready to offer me a job when I get my GC.

Anyway, thanks for the kind remarks about approval.

Hope we all get it cleared soon.

needhelp1 said:
I got an email confirmation from FBI that my name check was never requested and all I did was faxed that info to my congressman's office and they are following up my case with USCIS. I have been adviced not to tell USCIS that I was actually following up my case with FBI as that might irritate the IIO who is working on my case as it is basically a negligence on USCIS part not to send my name check and they have wasted almost two years of my valuable time. If my name check was done at time, then I would have had my approval long back......

I sent in an email last month requesting FBI if name check was done for my case. However, I have not received any reply yet. How long was it before you got the reply? When my attorney initiated an enquiry, here is the response they got

Currently under review by an adjudications officer.

Not sure what the **** this means... but I am hoping to hear something soon. :rolleyes:

Got my approval within 7 days of last LUD changed

Here come the approval notices for both of us. But somehow they forgot to send emails on my approval but got emails for my wife approval. Does'nt matter as online message said its approved.

See my signature, got approval within a month of my RFE.