landing experience

Guys Please Help

Everybody In This Form Is Saying That They Just Applied Sin# And Open The Bank Account

Can Any Body Tell Me That Since First Visa Is Given For A Year How Can We Get The Pr Card . Do U Get It Immidiately At The Airport Or It Comes In A Mail ....

How Can We Re-enter Canada Without Pr Card . Can We Re-enter Based Uopn The Stamp On The Passport

Tanveer

PR Card is needed according to the website

tanveer666 said:
Everybody In This Form Is Saying That They Just Applied Sin# And Open The Bank Account

Can Any Body Tell Me That Since First Visa Is Given For A Year How Can We Get The Pr Card . Do U Get It Immidiately At The Airport Or It Comes In A Mail ....

How Can We Re-enter Canada Without Pr Card . Can We Re-enter Based Uopn The Stamp On The Passport

Tanveer

As long as you have your IMM 1000 (the paper that the Canadian consulate sent you back when they approved your application), you could apply for SIN and open the Bank Account. The PR card will be send to your Canada address in 3-6 weeks after you report to Canada.

From the websites, it says that you MIGHT have difficulty to return to Canada without the PR card.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pr-card/index.html
"On December 31, 2003, the permanent resident card became the proof of status document required by permanent residents seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus)."

http://www.pleylaw.com/analysis_sort3.html
persons outside of Canada without a PR Card after Decemer 31, 2003 may not be able to re-enter easily, and may be required to apply for and obtain a travel document from a Canadian visa office overseas.

Is It Legal To Mail Pr Card From Canada To U S A

I Am Planing To Land Canada Soon

Can Any Body Tell Me If I Come Back In Three Four Days Is It Legal That My Friend Mail Me The Pr Card Once He Gets It After 3-5 Weeks

Tanveer

Canadain Landing For Pakistani Citizen

I Am From Pakistan And I Recently Got Canadain Immigration

I Have H1b1 I-797 Approval Notice Valid Till July 07

I Have Two H1b1 Visa Stamped On My Passport

Since People From Sepecial Registeration Countries Need To Register With U S A Immigration Before They Depart So My Question Is Can I Go To Canada By Road And Get My Registered At The U S A Border And Come Back Within 30 Days

Or I Have To Go Only Through Designated Airport

My Secound Question Is For Canadain Pr Holder Is Canada Their Home Country Or They Can Still Ask Me To Go To Pakistan To Get The Visa Stamp

Guys Pls Help

Tanveer

Do we need a photo for PR card or they will get one?

Dear Experts, please help:

1. Upon landing do we need a photo for PR card or they will take the photo for PR card?

2. For family based landing do we still need to show proof of funds OR carry money?

Thanks.

Need help with Canadian address?

If someone needs an address in Canada for PR card or SIN card, and has no friends or relative that they can use or someone wants a more reliable means of address, I can help. Contact me with an e-mail address: wilsonpais1@yahoo.com

photo for PR card

niwea said:
Dear Experts, please help:

1. Upon landing do we need a photo for PR card or they will take the photo for PR card?

2. For family based landing do we still need to show proof of funds OR carry money?

Thanks.

1. Read the approval letter, it should tell you. For my case, IMM 1000 letter has my picture already, so no, I don't need to bring a picture for my PR card.

2. YES

tanveer666 said:
I Am From Pakistan And I Recently Got Canadain Immigration

I Have H1b1 I-797 Approval Notice Valid Till July 07

I Have Two H1b1 Visa Stamped On My Passport

Since People From Sepecial Registeration Countries Need To Register With U S A Immigration Before They Depart So My Question Is Can I Go To Canada By Road And Get My Registered At The U S A Border And Come Back Within 30 Days

Or I Have To Go Only Through Designated Airport

My Secound Question Is For Canadain Pr Holder Is Canada Their Home Country Or They Can Still Ask Me To Go To Pakistan To Get The Visa Stamp

Guys Pls Help

Tanveer

Ans to Q1: As far as I know you can get special registration done at all major US ports of entry, including US-Canadian border crossings. You should get it done before leaving the US, and when returning to US again.

Ans to Q2: PR visa is issued from the Canadian consulate to which you applied. If you applied to Buffalo, NY they will issue it in the US, if in Islamabad then you will have to go to Pakistan to get your PR visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I Come back to U S A ON VALID I-797 AND I-94 BUT ON EXPIRED VISA

I Have A Valid I-797 And I-94 Valid Till July 2007 Iam on sevent year extension of H1B1

I Have To Land Canada Beofre September 11,2006

My Visa Is Expired On July 31st 2005

I Had No Plan To Apply For Visa Durning My Next Trip To Canada

My Quesion Is After Landing In Canada Can I Come Safly Back To U S A With Valid I-797 And Valid I-94 But On Expired Visa If My Stey In Canada Is Less Then A Month

Guys Pls Help

Tanveer

Can I Go By Plane and come back by road

Have A Valid I-797 And I-94 Valid Till July 2007 Iam on sevent year extension of H1B1

I Have To Land Canada Beofre September 11,2006

My Visa Is Expired On July 31st 2005

I Had No Plan To Apply For Visa Durning My Next Trip To Canada

My Quesion Is After Landing In Canada Can I Come Safly Back To U S A With Valid I-797 And Valid I-94 But On Expired Visa If My Stey In Canada Is Less Then A Month

[SIZE=3]ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING CAN I GO BY PLANE AND COME BACK BY ROAD [/SIZE] Guys Pls Help

Tanveer

Suggestions

Tanveer,
Here is what I would do to play it safe. I have a friend of mine who has a Paki passport and got stuck in Canada. He wasnt able to come back though his circumstances were a bit different.

I would suggest you do the following from my experience.

1) Fly to a US airport close to a Canadian landing post (ex Bufallo, Seattle, Detroit etc) based on your convenience.

2) Rent a car or a cab and go to US exit post before entering Canada. Note this is normally difficult to find and you can easily miss so do be careful. If you miss the US exit post you are taking big risk.

3) Go to the US post and complete all your security clearence formalities. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Ask the supervisor for clarification on if you wuill be allowed to return back to the US based on your paperwork and your circumstances. Take down name and badge number of supervisor.

4) If supervisor says yes proceed for landing to Canada. If no see next bullet.

5) If supervisor says no you are taking a risk. It depends on how important Canada is to you in your scheme of things. Depends on your chances for a US GC etc. If you still want to proceed with landing I would take an advance appointment in a consulate at the time of your landing. Apply for appointment early enough so they can go through their security clearence etc. If supervisor answer is "No" go for interview. If answer is "Yes" that you can return back to US with no hassel then just skip or cancel the appointment.

Be cautiious. I am not trying to scare you but its best to know your choices and your options in advance. I have known Pakis who have been stranded in Canada for not following steps 3-5 above.
Best of luck

Thank You Very Much For Your Reply

Thks A Lot For Your Reply

My Question Is I Have No Plan To Apear For H1b1 Stamping ....

If I Dont Appear For Intervew I Think I Can Come Back Safly Through Automatic Validation Rule Since I Want To Come Back Within 30 Days

My Another Question Is That Is It Possible That If I Go By Air And Come Back By Road In This Way I Wont Miss Exit Regesteration

I Am Very Upset ... I Would Aprricate If You Can Call Me At 718-974-2813

Thks

My point is that they may not let you use auto revalidation and enter USA again. Letting you enter USA is totally at the discretion of the INS official at the border and he can simply say NO. It could happen to anyone but chances are more if you are from Islamic country.

My friend had exact same issue like you. He wanted to land in Canada and come back to US using 30 day rule. He did not apply for US visa in Canada. However when he tried to reenter they did not allow him to reenter US. When he questioned them they said that it is our discretion wether you can enter or not and at this time we wont let you enter. It then took him 1 extra month to get an interview date in Toronto US consulate and frankly he is still in Toronto 3 months later because during interview they told him they needed to do security check.

So of course you can fly/drive by just watch your back and be ready if someone doesnt allow you to come back.
Best of luck....................

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Give Me The Contact Info Of Your Friend

THKS A LOT FOR YOUR REPLY

I AM PLANING TO ENETER THROUGH RAINBOW BRIDGE OR THROUGH PEACE BRIDGE FROM BUFFALO NEWYORK

COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME CONTACT INF OF YOUR FRIEND IN CANADA SO THAT I COULD TALK TO HIM

YOU KNOW MY LABOR IS STILL PENDING AND I DONT WANT TO LOOSE MY CANADAIN IMMIGRATION AT ALL ..............

I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE AT ALL

I HAVE SEEN MESSAGES WHEN PEOPLE ARE COMING AND GOING WITOUT ANY PROBELM THROUGH ROAD/BY AIR BUT I AGRRE WITH YOU THAT THERE CAN BE EXCEPTIONS AS WELL

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FRIEND CONTACT # IN CANADA SO THAT I COULD TALK TO HIM AND FIND OUT THAT WHAT ROUTE HE TOOK ON HIS WAY BACK

YOU CAN CALL ME AT 718-974-2813 OR SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGE ALSO
OR U CAN EMAIL ME AT tanveer666@hotmail.com

Tanveer,
Why dont you ask me what your questions are and I will forward to him. I would suggest you follow steps mentioned by me above, because that will make your case more tight (ie consulting US INS before leaving, taking appointment at US consulate etc).
I believe my friend had problem at Rainbow bridge.

TexanCanadian,

Thanks for sharing information about your friend. If you don't mind, I'd like to know more specifics like what was his legal status in the US?

What else did they tell him besides not being allowed due to the officer's discretion. I am sure they must've said something else as that sounds quite personal.

Did he try coming in from another route?

I too unfortunately am in this similar situation and will be forced to make a decision sooner or later.

Thanks,

Stoned.

Stoned,
Here are some more details about my friend.

Came here on F1. Always in Status. Graduated with Bachelors from US University. Got a job in a major corporation and applied for H1. Around the second year of H1 he went to Mexico and got H1 visa stamp. He then visited Pakistan later that year and returned back within a month from vacation.
He renewed his H1 for additional 3 years. Since the visa he got from Mexico expired with first H1 he sent his passport for restamping to St Louis. This was during the days St Louis was stopping to do internal revalidation, and they sent him his passport back asking him to apply from a visa from a consular post outside the US. My friend didnt leave US again till Canada landing trip.
Unfortunately my friend lost his passport a few months before he received request for Canada landing stamp and therefore had to apply for and received brand new Paki passport from Pak Embassy in Washington DC. He sent this passport to Canadian consulate and got landing stamp.
He then went and completed his landing. Did not even go near US Consulate or Embassy :). When trying to enter US again (at Niagara Falls) he was not allowed to enter US and was told to go back and apply for a new visa. Reasons given were the following
1) He didnt do exit registration while leaving US. (Though my friend says that when entering Canada by road he didnt see any US post where he could do exit registration).
2) He should apply for security clearance from state dept.
3) His passport was blank and did not have any expired USA visa (though he is not sure if that was just excuse or genuine, since he had copies of his expired visas).

When he was sent back to Canada Immigration post, the officer there said that it happened quite frequently, and if he wasnt a PR than Canada would have to deport him depending on his visa so he was lucky for having the PR.

He then tried to contact US immigration office at Toronto Pearson airport but they told him he needs to apply for visa also.

Of course my friend is very bitter from the experience, and I dont want to give out his info to protect his privacy. Please let me know if you have any additional q's.