landing experience

Thanks Jaggy. I knew about the automatic revalidation rule while travelling to Canada,Mexico and some carribean islands, but was not sure why so many wanted to keep their I-94. I spoke to my lawyer and he told me that it does not make a difference in my case as I have a valid visa. I will fill out a new I-94.

Also I will declare US$11000. Will post my expeiences after landing.

metaman

If you have valid visa , no need to worry abt I-94. But usually it is recommended not to submit I-94 for < 30 days as when coming back it is upto the discretion of the Immi officer to allow you in the same I-94 OR issue you a new one.

Should Drive Own Car or Rental?

Hi smxhan, jalma, and others

I got my Landing Papers with Visa on Passport. I work in Detroit, MI.
I wants to Land in Canada for 1 Days. I am planning to land on 25Th NOV 2004.

So Following is my question if someone can answer it.
- Should I drive Own Car or get Rental car for one day?
- Since I don't wants to settle there,
What should I write in Good to Import and Goods to Follow list?
- Should I Maintain bank Account and Get SIN card?

smxhan and lrugnevm,

Any update on PR cards. I guess we will here from them by the end of this month.

nileshpatel11:
Should I drive Own Car or get Rental car for one day?
Use rental car, otherwise they will force you to import it.

What should I write in Good to Import and Goods to Follow list?
I just made goods to follow list.

- Should I Maintain bank Account and Get SIN card?
No harm in getting SIN card. Opening bank account is your choice. You have to maintain $1000 in balance to avoid service charges. The bank statement helps in future to apply for health card.

No update on PR card. I know a friend who went 4 weeks ago just received his in mail..but of course his officer had already told him that he will get it in mail AND he landed via peace bridge...

But I am expecting a letter to pick it up as I was told that way...AND I landed via peace bridge too...

Thanks smxhan for the update.

Lets see what we are going to have. Do let us know when you receive anything from them.

which port is Good to land?

Hi! can any one tell me which POE should I use At Detroit /Widsor?

Bridge or Tunnel?

Please share your experience or suggest me easy one.
I am planning to land on 26 th NOV.

Thanks,

PR card

smxhan and lrugnevm,

I just came to know from one of my friend that if they asked you to come for picking up your card, one has to show two photo ID's. One will be our passports. Are they going to consider US driver's licence as our second ID or we have to have something from canada to show them.

What will be the 2nd ID for the kids? Any idea......

Jalma

The question before that is how will you go to pick it up as you need to have PR card to re-enter. I have heard that you can enter using private vehicle but I am kind of skeptical abt it as I really dont know anyone who has done that.

we will have to apply for travel document in Buffalo to pick up our PR card.

Even though I have not personally driven my car to pickup the card the immigration officer who completed my landing mentioned it to me specifically that if you drive across the border you do not need the card only if you fly, so I am assuming from that it is pretty accurate

Smxhan,

I went to canada by using my own car to pick up PR card. I went to my friends house to get all of my documents.

rh2002.

rh2002

So what docs did you show at POE when you entered canada. Did you just show Passport and landing doc(COPR).

smxhan,

I showed POE officer the passport along with the COPR, she asked me where I am going and what I am doing in US, I told her that I am working in US, she told me that I am not supposed to leave the country with out PR card, after a moment she returned my passports and said I am all set to go.

My Landing Experience

Hi Everyone!
Landed at Pearson airport in Toronto. Filled out the customs declaration card. Was asked to go to the immigration section. When we walked to one of the counters was redirected to a cubicle where a very nice lady welcomed us. Saw our landing papers and passport. Took our pictures again and asked us for the address we gave her that. She did not ask for any funds. She then said that we are all set and redirected us to another lady in a red jacket who handed us the welcome packet which has all the information on how to apply for SIN card and insurance. After that we went to customs gave her the goods to follow list and added a few more items on it and she gave us a o dollar receipt. Thats it we were done. After landing we finished the whole process in 1 hour's time.

Question : I gave the imm officer the address which is actually my attorney's address in Montreal but did not mention to her that this is my attorney's address. So I am thinking that the PR cards will go to her office with my name on it and will not have any C/O will that cause an issue. Also is there a way to track the status of the PR cards and see when they will arrive. Is there a no for that.

automatic revalidation

Hello folks,

I've a expired H1 Visa and I-94 on my passport but have a new approval notice i.e. I-797A. Can I drive into Canada to do my Canadian PR Landing formalities and come back to US under automatic revalidation? I've been in US for 6 years on H1B.

All experiences are highly appreciated.

Jaggy:

Congrats! I am landing in Pearson in January. Do you get your luggage(Checked in baggage) before clearing customs and immigration or after?

Thanks

Hi

I am sorry i do not have any answer to your question, but maybe you can help me in my issues.
I am also planning to land in toronto airport in 2 weeks.

Q1 - How much funds do i need to carry, or is the bank statement enough. How much funds should the bank statement reflect??

Q2 - What is the format for the goods to follow list. How much details are in it. Does it also contain the value of the goods?

Q3 - Apart from funds, goods to follow list and landing papers, is there any other papers to carry with us?

Thanx in advance for the reply...

Jaggy said:
Hi Everyone!
Landed at Pearson airport in Toronto. Filled out the customs declaration card. Was asked to go to the immigration section. When we walked to one of the counters was redirected to a cubicle where a very nice lady welcomed us. Saw our landing papers and passport. Took our pictures again and asked us for the address we gave her that. She did not ask for any funds. She then said that we are all set and redirected us to another lady in a red jacket who handed us the welcome packet which has all the information on how to apply for SIN card and insurance. After that we went to customs gave her the goods to follow list and added a few more items on it and she gave us a o dollar receipt. Thats it we were done. After landing we finished the whole process in 1 hour's time.

Question : I gave the imm officer the address which is actually my attorney's address in Montreal but did not mention to her that this is my attorney's address. So I am thinking that the PR cards will go to her office with my name on it and will not have any C/O will that cause an issue. Also is there a way to track the status of the PR cards and see when they will arrive. Is there a no for that.

Question about PR cards

rh2002 and srini88,

Thanks for confirming about the use of our own car. Thats what the immigration officer told me.

Can you please confirm which of the two ID's we have to show if we have to go their to pick up our PR cards? What other ID beside passport we can show for kids?

Thanks