landing experience

when I went few months ago they did not give me the visa back on same day , Morever u need to go in afternoon NOT in morning. At least thats what it was mentioned in the letter that I received.

In the letter i received they mentioned that submit your passport in the morning before 11am and every effort will be made to return your passport back in between 1.30 to 3 pm on the same day. I called the consulate and they said the same thing.

If somehow they did not complete your visa on the same day, then they will give you back on Thursday.

Jalma,

I reached counsulate by around 9.00 AM in the morning, not many people were there(hardly 5 or 6 people), with in 15 minutes we gave all of our PP and Photo's. They asked us to come back at around 1.15 PM to get our PP.

Good luck to you. enjoy Naigara falls from canada side.

Rh2002.

Thanks rh2002,

Your direct experience with the consulate has taken out all the doubts from my mind. Thanks for the positive output.

Which day did you go: Tuesday or Thursday.

Hi Jalma,
I submitted my passport for visa stamping at canadian consulate in buffalo on last thrusday morning(8 AM) and picked up at 1.30 PM. That time there was around 20 to 30 people only. My best suggestion is submit your passport around 8 am,surely you are going to receive your passport with visa stamping on the same day between 1.30 pm to 3 pm.
All the best.

Thanks again rh2002 and vijay117,

I will keep your suggestion in mind and will try to be there as early as I can. At least your answers will clear the fact that they issue visa on Tuesday as well (not only on Thursday).

Just to add , my experience of getting PP was based on few months ago where in the letter they mentioned clearly that I need to come in afternoon and I will not get visa same day and that I would get it following thursday.

So I guess nowadays they have started giving it back same day.

My Landing Experience

Hello everybody,
I just landed in Canada last week and returned to US after staying for a week. If anybody remembers, my case was little different. My wife had to see Medical Surveillance within 30 days of landing and I was confused whether to go to Toronto or Windsor for Medical etc. Well, most of my questions remained unanswered here.( Sorry, no offence, but this is fact)
Anyway, I entered in Canada through Detroit-Windsor bridge. I was asked some prelimary questions on the toll booth and then we were directed to see immigration and custom officers. We parked the car in the premises of immigration office and one officer came to us to change the car registration. I said I don't want to transfer my registration b'se my car is owned by my company. They said "you can't drive car with michigan licence plate in canada. And if u don't want to transfer registration, we have to have your company letter that they don't want this car to be transferred to Canada."
I didn't have that letter so I was confused. But they told me to see immigration and custom officers inside. We went to immigration officer first. She asked where are you going? I said Markham, Toronto. She replied you had mentioned in your form that you are going to Scarborough and now you say Markham?? I said my friend moved from Scarborough to Markham so now I'm going to Markham. She asked me few questions that what are your plans? Are you going to continue working in Michigan? We want immigrants to move to Canada and do job here and bla bla bla..she checked our I-94 and US visa too. She didn't take my form for PR card b'se she said "I don't want your friend's address. Once you get your own address, just go to nearby immigration office and apply for PR card. In the customs we were told to declare the goods to be brought in Canada when we move. He was more friendly and we got through in Canada.
While returning home, the US officer at the entry point asked us few questions like what is your company and what are you doing there and do ya have any food items etc. He checked our Visa and I-94 and allowed us to enter.
That's it.
All the best to you all.
Goodbye.

Landing

I am planning to land in Canada in January and return in 3 days. From the posts in the forum, I think its certain that I will not get a PR card if I went through Detroit/Windsor. My options are crossing at Sault.Ste Marie (Michigan/Ontario in the north) or fly into Toronto. Flying will cost me about $500, but have a better chance of PR card.

What should be done if I do not get a PR? Should I apply for returning residents' permit? Since one can stay outside of Canada for 3 years in a 5 year perod , I think there is no risk of loosing PR.

I have also seen that many applied online from US and got their PR Cards. Can someone give me the link ?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Gunarp,

Did you conduct medical test for your wife after landing in Canada?
It looks like you have to call them ahead, take an appointment with Medical center in Canada to do this.

I am not sure if this is a must to do before we come back to US>
any views on this?

Thanks.

Landed at Toronto- Got PR & SIN card

Hello,

I have landed at Toronto air port and completed all formalities successfully. Spent 1 week in canada and enjoyed Montreal and Ottawa. Entered back in US thru H1 (valid visa stamp). Received SIN and PR cards after 3 weeks.

This forum has helped a lot to know the process and get comfort. Thanks to all and all the best.

-happy4you

hi happy4u,

my understanding is if you land by air and then come back by air, you can't board the flight without having your PR card.
So I am wondering how do you come back to US without the PR card?
This is not the case when you drive by road.

Could you please clarify this?
thanks

Hi love2002,

I came back using my H1/H4 visa. To enter in US, you required valid US visa and Canadian PR card is not required.

Yes, If you can not reenter to canada without PR card so if your PR card (sent by friend/relative) get lost in mail, you are done.

-happy4you

need some clarification on the landing at Peacde Bridge Plaza

If anyone has any thoughts - please advice.....but this is based on Vijay's experience which was a pleasant one.
Vijay,I plan to do the same i.e. land at 1 Peace Bridge Plaza.I had a few questions about this -

Q1.I have the IMM5292 form that details TORONTO and ON
Does that mean I have to fly to toronto? or can i land at 1 Peace Bridge Plaza Buffalo, NY 14213-2494 as you had done?

Q2.I plan to drive there in a rental car.Is that what you had done? Would I face any problems with that?
There was another response there for another member who had problems at detroit bridge...therefore the questions.

Q3.Did you fill the PR card form in the US before you landed at Peace Bridge Plaza? Or did you have to fill no form for the PR card?

Regards,

forms for PR card

Hi,
Also, wanted to know - for the PR card, did happy4you and vijay117 get the supplement form well in advance before sending the application for the PR card?
Based on details on the website, that is how it appears to be.
1. get the supplement form - which takes two weeks.
2.Send the package to nova scotia and the process takes around 3 weeks after that.
Is that what happened?
or did you guys land at peace bridge/toronto airport and the process for the pr started at that time and without a form to be filled?
-lrugnevm

Don't need to fill any forms for PR card

Hi Guys,
You don't need to fill any type forms for PR card,just you have to give a Canada address to send your PR cards.

My landing city name is Totonto on my landing papers,but i gave my friend's address in Sault Ste.Marie,so there is no need to worry about the landing city.

I took a rental car in buffalo to cross the border and return back after 3 hours.The immigration ofifcer didn't ask any thing about my car.

Thank you Vijay

Thank you very much for the information.:)
I will try to follow suit and see how it goes:)
-lrugnevm

Hi Irugnevem

When are you planning to land via peace bridge. I am also planning this week.
Do let me know .

travelling the day after

Hi smxhan,

I am flying the day after tomorrow.Booking a car from Buffalo intl airport( i found enterprise rent a car cars are allowed to drive anywhere in Canada - please advise if anyone has had a problem with that...)
Im returning on the 13th

Hopefully, it should be a pleasurable experience like Vijay had...keeping fingers crossed.:)

Also Vijay - I want to make sure I dont get the wrong rental agency and end up paying extra - did you use enterprise/hertz/buidget/ some other agency?

I am flying in from florida.

-lrugnevm