Labor Processing Times in California Due to 245(i) Part 5

No one is responding on this #

Earlier I called many times, there was responce.
Now no one is responding on this #

Is it possible to enquire case status?

Hi all!
My PD is June 22, I know they have been processing this day for quite a while now, and I was wondering if it is possible to call and get a status of my case.

Thanks!

Adriana

Uh oh ...

29 people x 4 months = 6681 cases
29 people x 1 month = 1670 cases
1 person x 1 month = 58 cases

So, to process 64500 cases, they will need 64500/58=1112 man-months
With 39 people, they will be done in 28,5 months.

My RD is in October, so I guess I need 64500-8655=55845 cases cleared.

I\'ll pass labor cert. in just a little bit over 2 years.

Please tell me my math is bad ....

To ThePopper

ThePopper,

Based on the answers you received, I would like to ask them more questions, namely:

1) If the RIR cases are processed in a separate queue, how come RIR processing time grew from 3 months 20 days as of Aug. 14th 2001, to 7 months 16 days as of Feb. 8th 2002 ? (and by processing time I meen the time between Priority Date and the day that Priority Date becomes current).

2) Why this time I mentioned in 1) keeps increasing steadily. I certainly won\'t buy, that they receive more cases now, that they did in August, 2001 or before that.

SESA Enquiry

Hi All,

I have been following up the posting\'s here for quite some time. I called SESA today and there is no response. Earlier some time when I had called, they asked me to identify my self as to whether I am a Employeer, and upon saying Employee, the Person speaking on the other end was taken aback and said she cannot provide any info, except that the date being processed is june 5 2001. This is ofcourse old info now. My priority date is 5th July 2001. Iam getting bugged with this.

Infact my attorney asked me in Feb If I would like to go under LIFE act, for which I proudly said no, and now I regret it.. I wish I had followed my attorney\'s words. He said even I am in country in most legal way, I can apply under LIFE act.

thanks, Please keep posted of any updates..

Prakash

I hope your math is bad

Based on the popper\'s message, here is my 2 paisa worth:

There are 12 RIR agents, each processing about 100 cases per month (they plan to add 3 more to get to total of 1500-1700 cases per month).

Current priority date is June 22 (Case # 131xxx)

My case # is 135xxx (PD 22 Aug)

Difference is 4500 or so. Hoping that rate continues, my case will be processed in 4500/1200 = 4 months or slightly less.
Similarly, you wll get there in 6-8 months rather than 2 years. Still we are screwed :(

DOL will be another story.......

Also, the fact that the number of days for RIR to become curent has increased from 3 months to 7 months is not very surprising seen in this light.
I think the bigger problem we have is that they hire someone who does not know what they are doing and they screw up our cases!

No Title

1. your math is wrong..... thanks God.
The RIR cases they have are 14,600 or 13, 200 (this is the 2 numbers they mention in the mail and I don\'t know which is the correct one). So the base of your calculation is wrong IF IS TRUE THAT THEY HAVE SEPARATE QUEUE for RIR. If this is phony we are in a deep s...t and you can kiss your employment based GC good-bye.

2. there is next lines:
>1) "Is there any other reasons for the processing time increase >rather
>then 245(I) backlog?"
>Answer: Yes, as a pointed out earlier, this office was
>slated to close on 9/30/01. Because of this, we reduced our staff >levels in
>anticipation of the closure:

we don\'t know for how long they\'ve been closed.

3. I believe some of the 245(I) cases might have been RIR....just guess, no facts.

4. Now If you look at Archives there was a BIG STOP from PD:4/30 to PD:5/1 - like for 2 months was DEAD.

That\'s it...... just some facts to feed your conserns...:)

RIR ads

Guys,

Can you tell me, what kind of advertisment did you company do for you ? Mine ran newspaper ads for 3 months, and then did corporate Website ads for another three months. While the lawyer says this is enough to establish a recruitment pattern, I\'m not sure this is really the case.

What do you know about that ?

Thanks in advance ...

So you would sell your granma for a GC?

Well, perhaps not everyone is a brown-nosed crawling-around wanna-be-american loser? Although I\'m not about to go back
to home country quite yet, I do think it is a valid question;
do you want to have 1st class income but 2nd class life, or
2nd (3rd whatever) class income but 1st class rights.
And it\'s not even all that bad for me, coming from Europe... but
for people whose skin colour is different, or wear different
clothes... it is bad, and racism is only slightly deeper in USA than
in many other countries; it still exists.

Although... I\'d think this would be a more valid question to
illegal immigrants. But they don\'t even get paid decently, and
are still frowned upon wherever they go.

Helping SESA and DOL with additional fee

Thanks Popper for your valuable information on the subject.

The current situation has been a creation of the followings:
SESA was reducing the trained manpower in anticipation of closure 9/30/01
There is a current huge backlog as a result of 4/30
Cost efficiency ""more bang for the buck from California"
Anxiety is going up for those whose application is pending

I believe that in the situation as stated above, a new concept of "self financing" could be a pragmatic solution. Those who want to see their case move faster should pay additional fee in order to ensure "more bang for the buck from California" and yet jump over the "backlog queue" in order to reduce "anxiety" without any dime to "tax payer money".

The additional fee should also cover rapid processing at DOL. How is this as an idea?

Great ...

... now, if there is a person, department or organization that would agree to take a payoff for faster processing, I\'m ready to pay ... say, $2000 ? Who takes ?

Unfortunately, unlike amnesty for illegals, such a law/proposition will take years to cook ... meanwhile, bribery is illegal ... but so is unauthorized stay in US ... and some people got rewarded for latter ...

But, seriously, I wish they would introduce such a system ... but I doubt we\'ll see it ...

VA labor suffers group

Hello Guys…
  I am from “VA labor suffers group” I have been fallowing your thread from long time coz after CA its VA for most number of cases for 245(i) (illegalos)…. But the processing is little different from what they are doing here in CA. They are processing RIR now and they temporarily stopped NON_RIR. There a is big rumor that they are going to process NON_RIR after RIR cases for April 2000..i.e They are planning to take cases month by month Basis. If this is the case I think everyone can forget about GC in VA.
Now my question is there any instance or case where they stopped processing RIR cases for a while and worked on illegal applications. Do SESA have this clout to do… as SESA normally rely on regional DOL is n’t it?? can u guys please share with this me if any of you have any info on this…

immigrantos illegalos sssssuuuuucks

No Title

Guys-
Can someone please explain to me why there is no consistent pattern in the number of days involved between the transfer from SESA to DOL and the RD.
There is a variance of 3days to 2 months.
Any explanations?.
Thanks.

Does SESA provide a XFer Notice

Hey All,

When SESA forwards a case to DOL, does it provide a transmittal notice? Or is the first time one finds out that the case has been forwarded is when DOL gives a receipt notice?

My PD is June 15 and I still have no news of SESA forwarding the case to DOL.

Another math question

Let\'s talk about RIR.

14600/8 mon (6/22/01-2/13/02) = 1825/per mon
They will have 15 people to handle 1500-1700 cases in the near future. So they will never catch up. They are slowing down. Am I right? I hope not. Oh God!

Hate to say this...

but sounds like RFE... That\'s not a very good sign. If it is RFE then either they are not happy wih yr RIR application and will put you in regular processing or your lawyer screwed up and some documents were missing/wrong... In either cases it means more delay but if they denied RIR then you are dead..

I will be glad if I am proved wrong. My preyers are with you...

VijaR