L1A Visa Expiring in March 2008. GC Not yet filed.

SakshiSrivastav

Registered Users (C)
Hello People, I know this forum is extremely helpful, so I am hopeful of getting some answers.

My L1A Visa is expiring early March 2008. My husband applied for Citizenship just after our marriage and looking at the timelines, he should be a citizen by May 2007. This is when i am planning to apply for my green card (I-130/I-485/I-864/G-325).

I live in Arlington, VA. I want to find out if I am at any kind of risk here, if I don't apply for EAD (considering that i will be working with my current company and L1A gives travel flexibility)

Do I need to fill anything other than I-130/I-485/I-864/G-325 at this time. I a sorry if I am asking very dumb questions with respect to the intelligent discussions going on in the forum.

Thank You,
Sakshi.

Sakshi,
Your L-1A visa or L-1A status expires in March 2008? They are two different beasts all together. I assume it is your L-1A status. You should be in fine shape. As soon as your husband naturalises, you can submit your I-130/I-485 package to the Chicago lockbox. Since it seems you intend to work with your current company, you do not need AP or EAD. You should successfully complete your AOS within a year. However if it gets close to March 2008, you will have two possible avenues. You can either ask your L-1A sponsor to extend your L-1A status, or you can file for EAD and AP. In either case, you should remain 100% legal. Hopefully it will not come ot that and you will have your GC before you get March 2008. Good luck!!!