Kansas City MO - N-400 Timeline

Sorry guys/gals
I may have misquoted.. my DO is actually Kansas City, MO.. I am not sure if there is a Kansas City, Kansas DO.. I do live on the Kansas side of the state line..

After I wrote this message I figure it out I'm a little bit silly LOL. I don't think there is and DO in KC, KS :)

There is only one DO in Kansas City to serve both sides of the stateline, and that DO is physically located in Kansas City, MO. However I think, but am not 100% certain, that when it comes to Oaths you will take your Oath in your state of residence. Hence the time delay between interview and Oath might be different for each side of the stateline. It seems the KS side has a long Oath backlog based on my experience. We are at 79 days and counting.

This is what I found for Oath ceremony dates in Kansas City, Mo Courthouse:

Proposed 2008 Naturalization Ceremony Dates (to be held in Kansas City unless otherwise noted):

Thursday, January 17
Thursday, February 21
Thursday, March 20
Friday, April 11
Thursday, May 15
Friday, May 30, Jefferson City, Missouri
Friday, June 13, Springfield, Missouri
Thursday, June 19
Thursday, July 17
Thursday, August 21
Thursday, September 18
Thursday, October 16
Thursday, November 13
Thursday, December 11

I only wish now that I get my oath ceremony scheduled for June 13 in Springfield, which is only 45 minutes drive for me, instead 4 hours to KC.

After my Interview I was told I would be taken my Oath at the US District Court in Kansas City. When I finally I got my notice it was for Topeks, KS.

No there is no DO in KC, KS. The DO in MO works for part of KS and then MO. There is also a DO in Wichita, KS where I had my prints taken but never had to go back there. A while back when I had a question a link was sent to me, I think it was of the USCIS Site that showed that my County and only a few more were "distict" of the KC DO. What is weird though is I live exactly right in the middle of KC and Wichita.

Like I said it was odd having my prints taken in Wichita and the rest was done at KC

Same happened to me...I was at DO KC three times...only for FP (N-400) they sent me to DO St. Louis.

does anybody get the oath letter

i am also in the same boat. i am waiting for oath letter. courthouse springfield only 4 miles from my home, i wish i get the oath in springfield, instead to go kansas city do.where you lived lexa007?give me your e-mail id or phone#
This is what I found for Oath ceremony dates in Kansas City, Mo Courthouse:

Proposed 2008 Naturalization Ceremony Dates (to be held in Kansas City unless otherwise noted):

Thursday, January 17
Thursday, February 21
Thursday, March 20
Friday, April 11
Thursday, May 15
Friday, May 30, Jefferson City, Missouri
Friday, June 13, Springfield, Missouri
Thursday, June 19
Thursday, July 17
Thursday, August 21
Thursday, September 18
Thursday, October 16
Thursday, November 13
Thursday, December 11

I only wish now that I get my oath ceremony scheduled for June 13 in Springfield, which is only 45 minutes drive for me, instead 4 hours to KC.

Guess what I got in mail today?

Yes...finally...my Oath ceremony letter....so my ceremony will be on May 30 at 11:45AM in Jefferson City Court House. I hoped for Springfield, but Jefferson City is still better (1 hour drive one way) then Kansas City (4 hrs one way)

So here is my final timeline (well w/o US passport....but that has nothing to do with immigration)

06/27/2007 - Sent N-400 to NSC
07/03/2007 - NSC cashed the check
07/13/2007 - Date on NOA
07/19/2007 - Got NOA in mail
07/23/2007 - Biometric appt. letter in mail
07/30/2007 - Biometric appointment at St. Louis DO
11/09/2007 - Interview letter in mail
01/10/2008 - Interview at Kansas City DO
05/03/2008 - Oath Ceremony letter in mail
05/30/2008 - Oath Ceremony in Jefferson City

I hope for all of you who are still waiting that you will get your letter very soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Ceremony letter!

All,

I have a quick question for those who got their oath ceremony letter recently from Kansas City office. My oath letter is an ordinary print out not the usual USCIS thick green colored letter. At the top of the letter it clearly says "Applicant Copy". Do they only send us our copy? or how did you guys receive it?

My processing dates:
My priority date : 07/24/07
My interview date: 02/25/08
My Oath Ceremony: 06/09/08

curiouspal...Congratulations. Are you a KS or MO resident? I'm asking because I am a KS resident 103 days after interview with no Oath letter. I sent a query via the USCIS telephone helpdesk 10 days ago (after 90 day deadline) and am currently waiting for a response to my query or an Oath letter.

07-16-07 Priority date
02-06-08 Interview scheduled, taken and passed, N-652 received
103 days and counting

Kckfs,

I live in MO! That's little surprising that its over 100 days for you and still waiting while I got it even tho my priority date is 10+ over. Hope you get it soon.

I live in Kansas as well and been almost one month since interview.
They told me to wait few months before I get my Oath letter.
Amazing how slow that simple process is..

curious ... the simple paper is normal. When I got my Oath Letter in the Mail and saw it was only a white paper in the envelope I didn't even want to open it because I thought it was just another response to the Inquery I filed or something but when I opened it I couldn't believe it.
Remember fill out the backside before you attend the Oath Ceremony. Best is do it the Morning before. I was so paranoid that I didn't even drive worrying I get a ticket, lol.

Thanks ladybuggy! Appreciate that.

kckfs, I heard that 1200 ppl will be taking the oath on 06/09 when I called the office. So you might receive the letter any time soon for the same day or hopefully for the next one!

The May 15th USCIS Kansas City DO N-400 processing dates are now July 03, 2007. At least they moved forward from last month.

Kckfs,

I live in MO! That's little surprising that its over 100 days for you and still waiting while I got it even tho my priority date is 10+ over. Hope you get it soon.

I waited for little less then 120 days for my Oath Letter.
I don't have my ceremony in KC, but letter came on normal white, official USCIS paper.

Good news for curiouspal. Looks like you will have Oath 9th June. I just had my interview May 20th.. I am looking forward to oath. I wish I can get in June 9th.. I guess its a wish might not come true.

Does any one know what Office i can call to check the Oath Status in KCMO , Missouri.

Ray.

applied 02/.1/2008
Interview 05/20/2008
Oath - ??? Waiting ..

Finally...on Friday, May 30. I had my Oath Ceremony in Jefferson City, MO. Everything went very well and quick. There was 39 people from 22 different countries. After ceremony I was able to register as a voter and apply for US passport.

I'm glad my USCIS journey is over, it took me a little less then 6 years from the begining....and 11 months N-400 itself .

I wish to all who are still waiting....just hang on....you will get there..I know waiting is hard...but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

My timeline:

06/27/2007 - Sent N-400 to NSC
07/03/2007 - NSC cashed the check
07/13/2007 - Date on NOA
07/19/2007 - Got NOA in mail
07/23/2007 - Biometric appt. letter in mail
07/30/2007 - Biometric appointment at St. Louis DO
11/09/2007 - Interview letter in mail
01/10/2008 - Interview at Kansas City DO
05/03/2008 - Oath Ceremony letter in mail
05/30/2008 - Oath Ceremony in Jefferson City

YES! - the oath letter finally arrived. I don't know if it was just my time, or because of my USCIS helpline inquiry 3 weeks ago. Now less than 4 weeks to go!

Nebraska Service Center (NSC) / Kansas City District Office (KCMO)
07/13/07 N-400 application posted
07/16/07 N-400 application received by USCIS
07/16/07 Priority date
07/17/07 Check cashed
07/23/07 Receipt notice generated
07/27/07 Receipt notice received by us
07/25/07 Fingerprint notice generated
07/30/07 Fingerprint notice received by us
08/10/07 Fingerprints scheduled & taken
xx/11/07 Passed background check, placed in interview scheduling queue (before 14th Nov)
12/17/07 Interview notice generated
12/21/07 Interview notice received by us
02/06/08 Interview scheduled, taken and passed, N-652 received
05/09/08 Called USCIS helpdesk at 93 days, sent query to District Office
05/28/08 N-445 Oath Ceremony notice generated
05/31/08 N-445 Oath Ceremony notice received by us
06/27/08 Oath Ceremony scheduled at US District Court Kansas, Kansas City, KS

Congrats. That is where I was supposed to have mine according to my IO but I ended up having it in Topeka