K3 Approved and Forward to US Embassy - Please post experience

Info needed for I864

Hi All of you unhappy people like me out there.

I'm waiting for my husband's file to be processed soon so that we can finally be together. I filed my I129F on May 6 2003 and got a letter from them that the file date is May 12th. Well, I'm yet to hear from Chicago that my file was sent to MSC...I am scared.
:rolleyes:

I want to start preparing for the next step which is sending I-864 so that I'm not wasting time gathering all that info when the letter actually shows up...can anyone tell me what to do and how to do it?... I know I have to get a job letter...is there a date limit as to it has to be printed before 30 days or something crazy like that?...I'm planning to get it right now so that incase my employer takes some time to give me that letter then I am still ok.

Please give me detailed info anyone who has done it.. I'd be very very appreciative!!!!!

Thanks a bunch in advance...
Hang in there everyone..we will see light at the end of the tunnel...

UnHappyMe

Re: Info needed for I864

Originally posted by UnHappyMe
Hi All of you unhappy people like me out there.

I'm waiting for my husband's file to be processed soon so that we can finally be together. I filed my I129F on May 6 2003 and got a letter from them that the file date is May 12th. Well, I'm yet to hear from Chicago that my file was sent to MSC...I am scared.
:rolleyes:

I want to start preparing for the next step which is sending I-864 so that I'm not wasting time gathering all that info when the letter actually shows up...can anyone tell me what to do and how to do it?... I know I have to get a job letter...is there a date limit as to it has to be printed before 30 days or something crazy like that?...I'm planning to get it right now so that incase my employer takes some time to give me that letter then I am still ok.

Please give me detailed info anyone who has done it.. I'd be very very appreciative!!!!!

Thanks a bunch in advance...
Hang in there everyone..we will see light at the end of the tunnel...

UnHappyMe

IF YOU ARE FILING FOR K3 VISA FOR YOUR HUSBAND YOU DO NOT NEED I-864. YOU WOULD USE I-134 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FORM. I-864 IS WHEN HE MAKES IT HERE IN THE STATES AND ADJUST HIS STATUS TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE. I HAVE READ THAT THE LETTER THAT YOU GET FROM YOUR EMPLOYER IS GOOD FOR A YEAR, BUT IT HAS TO BE CURRENT. I DON'T HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE I'M IN THE SAME PROCESS AS YOU. MY FILE DATE IS MAY28, 2003. THEY ARE PROCESSING FILES WITH MAY 6 DATE AS OF JUNE 15. THEY UPDATE IT EVERY 1ST & 15TH OF THE MONTH. SO YOU SHOULD CHECK PROCESSING DATE ON WEDNESDAY TO BE CURRENT. JULY 2.:cool:

Info needed for I864

Dear dhyemy,
Thanks a bunch for the reply.
I was doing some research and got confused because it talked about both i-134 and i-864. Thanks for clearning this up for me. Also, Do I have to send all the paperwork to my husband in India soon? What do I need to send?... What is the procedure from this point on? I got a 2nd NOA on June 28th. How long will it be before they send the file to the New Delhi consulate?...Any ideas?...
:( :confused: :confused: :confused:
UnHappyMe

UnHappyMe

Looks like you and me are in the same situation except a few things like my wife is in Hyderabad,India(Chennai will be the consulate that she needs to go and apply for a k3 visa).

Would you please post your timeline right from the I-130 stage.

My UPDATED TIMELINE for a k3 visa as I just received the SECOND NOA from CHICAGO for my I-129f today.

I mailed my I-130 on 04/28/2003

Got my notice of action (I-130) on 05/07/2003

Mailed my I-129f on 05/07/2003

Received the first NOA on 05/12/2003

Received the second NOA on 06/27/2003 (the approval notice letter basically says that the file was sent to New Hampshire where it will be decided which consulate my wives k3 file needs to be sent to)

So from there the file would be emailed/mailed/sent hopefully to Chennai,India for further consular processing.

Will keep you updated as things develop.

Thanks

Ram

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Info needed for I864

Dear dhyemy,
I was doing some research and got confused because it talked about both i-134 and i-864. Thanks for clearning this up for me. Also, Do I have to send all the paperwork to my husband in India soon? What do I need to send?... What is the procedure from this point on? I got a 2nd NOA on June 28th. How long will it be before they send the file to the New Delhi consulate?...Any ideas?...
:( :confused: :confused: :confused:
UnHappyMe

Well it says between 60-90 days to process a case like that. once he gets approve then you should go ahead and forward all your paperwork to your spouse. it dose help to go ahead and start getting the papers together now. some forms can be down loaded
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/c4456.htm
you probally can get more information from this site since this is for visas. http://travel.state.gov/india.html

Update

You know something Durgum?....our files are being processed almost at the same time...

"

Got my notice of action (I-130) on 05/06/2003

Mailed my I-129f on 05/06/2003

Received the second NOA on 06/24/2003 (the approval notice letter basically says that the file was sent to New Hampshire from where it will be sent to New Delhi)"

Do let me know...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear dhyemy,

UnHappyMe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it says between 60-90 days to process a case like that. once he gets approve then you should go ahead and forward all your paperwork to your spouse. it dose help to go ahead and start getting the papers together now. some forms can be down loaded
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/c4456.htm
you probally can get more information from this site since this is for visas. http://travel.state.gov/india.html
Thanks dhyemy,
I will do that...On the employment letter.. Do I have to show how much you get paid and all the benefits you get?...Also, I have 2 jobs..should I get letters from both jobs?
Also, Do I have to send them bank statements?...I read somewhere that I do... Also, I will have to send all my 401k, retirement savings, Tax returns from the last 3 years, etc. Is that correct?...
Do let me know... Thank you in advance.

UnHappyMe

Thanks for the timeline.

NOW What form are you gonna use I-134 OR I-864?

Please clarify

Thanks

Ram

Re: Update

You know something Durgum?....our files are being processed almost at the same time...

"

Got my notice of action (I-130) on 05/06/2003

Mailed my I-129f on 05/06/2003

Received the second NOA on 06/24/2003 (the approval notice letter basically says that the file was sent to New Hampshire from where it will be sent to New Delhi)

Do let me know...

So you already got an approval for a I-129F? If so you better go ahead and send your papers to your spouse.
:confused:

Update

Hi guys..
I called NVC Y'day...and they said that they will send my file to Mumbai...not New Delhi eventhough I told them that I want it sent to new Delhi. :(

Oh well... I hope they don't delay it. They said within 2-4 weeks they will send my file there...I am starting to gather all my documents...and will be sending I-134 to my husband.. I found out that It is I-134 that I have to send not I-864. I have to file I-864 after he comes to US. Keep me posted with ur process.

Received a lettr from New hampshire(NVC) today stating that my wifes file would be forwarded to Chennai us consulate ,India within a week. It aslso says that my wife will receive a packet soon.

My updated time line is.....

Received the second NOA on 06/27/2003 (the approval notice letter basically says that the file was sent to New Hampshire where it will be decided which consulate my wives k3 file needs to be sent to)

So from there the file would be emailed/mailed/sent hopefully to Chennai,India for further consular processing.

07/07/2003 received a letter from new Hampshire (NVC) stating that my wifes file would be forwarded to Chennai us consulate ,India within a week. It aslso says that my wife will receive a packet soon.

Will keep you updated as things develop.

Thanks

Interview

Hi..
I have a question. Can anyone tell me what type of questions they as when the interview K3-visa candidate?...
I just wanna give my hubby a heads up about what he should be looking out for.

Thanks a million!!!!

I'am almost sure that the interview for the k3 visa is a formality. They just check the required documents and stamt the passport .

K3 Update

I just get the approval today 7/18/03 for I-129F/K3 visa
This is my timeline
May 02, 2003 send I-130 to Vermont Service Center
May 14, 2003 received first NOA
May 14, 2003 send I-129F/K3
May 23, 2003 received first NOA for I-129F/K3
July 18, 2003 received the second NOA for I-129F/K3 (the approval notice)

I have a question for those of you who are in the consular processing stage. My I-129F recently got approved for consular processing. I am trying to speed up the process by getting the documents ready before the Packet 3 arrives. One of the documents to be presented at the time of the interview is the Police Clearance Certificate. My spouse has lived in Delhi all her life.

Does anyone have any idea how to proceed to obtain the certificate? How long does it take to get it?

Also, regarding the medical exam, is it possible for her to undergo the medical exam before getting the packet or does she have to use forms contained only in the packet? If she can, is there a list of doctors authorized by the consulate to conduct such an exam?

Thanks for your help!

americandesi

K3 Update

I just get a letter today 7/30/2003 dated 7/24/2003 from National Visa Center indicates that my wife’s approved I-129F/K3 Visa’s file will forwarded to the embassy within a week and in the bottom of the letter they have the wrong U. S. consulate then I called NVC and they told me that they send it to the right consulate, I really don’t know what is going on? And they also said call after 2 weeks so they can check that the file went to the right consulate.
This is my timeline
May 02, 2003 send I-130 to Vermont Service Center
May 14, 2003 received first NOA
May 14, 2003 send I-129F/K3
May 23, 2003 received first NOA for I-129F/K3
July 18, 2003 received the second NOA for I-129F/K3, the approval notice
July 30, 2003 received letter from National Visa Center

Good Luck For Every Body

Guys I am confused here, isn't the K3 visa is for a fiancee not a wife???
If you go back to your country, do they have all the forms at the consulate to start the process from there or it is easier to start it from the US.
Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by happpy
Guys I am confused here, isn't the K3 visa is for a fiancee not a wife???
If you go back to your country, do they have all the forms at the consulate to start the process from there or it is easier to start it from the US.
Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

K3 are for spouses of us citizen and K1 is for fiance(e) of US citizens. You have to be a citizen to file these papers and you must apply in the US to get this type of visa. V visa is when you would file in or at a US consulate or embassy. This visa is for Lawful Permenet Resident spouses & kids. I hope that clear things up for you. Read the site that for K3 visas.

Wife calls me from Chennai,India saying that she has been told that the k3 visa has been approved and will be mailed in couriew service in 2 days .
My COMPLETED time line is.....

07/07/2003 received a letter from new Hampshire (NVC) stating that my wifes file would be forwarded to Chennai us consulate ,India within a week. It aslso says that my wife will receive a packet soon.

08/13/2003 Wife calls me from Chennai,India informing that the k3 has been approved and the visa will be mailed in 2 days in the courier service.

Thanks EVERYBODY Its been a pleasure all these days