K3 Approved and Forward to US Embassy - Please post experience

So your wife doesn't have to go in for an interview at the embassy? what about all the income information that you needed to send her and the I-134 affidavit of support? so she don't have to have a personal interview in India?

dhyemy

I sent the following items to my wife in hyderabad,India

1.My job letter.
2.Affidivit of support(I-134) by me for her.
3.3 years w2's +tax returns.
4.Bank statements showing my bank balance.
5.Police certificate,passport certificate.
6.Medical certificates that were taken at Chennai (we/my wife are from Hyderabad 1000 kms north of Chennai us embassy).These were mentioned in the letter that Chennai consulate sent to my wife on 07/21/2003.

She DID have to go for the interview IN PERSON after which she got the k3 visa approved finally. The whole process took me like 115 days approximately

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me what did they ask your wife and you hv to send only the job letter and I-134 from here.
Please let me know

Thanks

I sent the following items from USA to my wife in India .

1.My job letter.
2.Affidivit of support(I-134) by me for her.
3.3 years w2's +tax returns.
4.Bank statements showing my bank balance.

The rest like the police certificate,passport certficate were done in Hyderabad,India .The medicals were done in Chennai,India.

All these details were CLEARLY mentioned in the letter my wife received from the Chennai consulate India and from there we worked on the necessary documents.

There was no interview in the strict sense just 2 hours of sitting and waiting to get the answer 'we will send your k3 visa in the courier service in a couple of days . We got the k3 visa in less than 2 days in that express mail for which the consulate had charged in addition to the visa fees at the time of the interview.

phone #

Hi,
Thanks for your reply can you tell me if there is any # we can call to find out about the case and i made a samll mistake on the form, so i can call them and find out, if then can change on the phone. how many days it took you from the time of filing to get ur wife's visa. please let me know

Thank you
swetang

Update

Hi Guys,

Durgum, I'm so happy to finally hear about your wife...I'm sure she is already here by now.

My husband's interview is on Oct 23rd... Our time lines were just ONE day apart...in everything...but MUMBAI took FOREVER to just set up the interview...they got the file in July...and they didn't set up my husband's Interview until October...I HATE THEM....:( :mad:

Anyways... He should be here sometime in November...

What a journey!!!... Now, I have to prepare for my husband's Work Permit, Travel Documents, and Status change for Greencard...

Thanks you all....

UnHappyMe

Yes I guess that Chennai is a lot faster than other us consulates in India .

My wife joined me in USA on 08/29/2003 almost two months ago.

Actually She got her k3 visa approved on 08/13/2003 but then we lost some time as the airlines were all full between India and Europe /USA.

Any I applied for my wifes work permit and she had to give her fingerprints in NEW ORLEANS on 10/14/2003. They said that the whole file was electronically sent to Chicago from where the work permit would be issued to my wife in about 60-90 days.

I'am waiting for the work permit as without which my wife cannot get a social security number and without which she cannot get a drivers license.

ANY INPUTS IN REGARDS TO THIS ISSUE (WORK PERMIT FOR A K3 VISA , SPOUSE OF A USA CITIZEN WHO IS ALREADY IN USA WOULD BE APPRECIATED).

THANKS

RAM

Hey Durgum,

Ok..I have heard a few things about this procedure...Are you in New Orleans area?...and that's why you had to go to your Local INS office?
I will have to do the same...I am filling out all the paper work that I need to get this procedure correct.

Now, I will have to find out about the SSN, 'cuz I looked at the application for SSN and you don't really have to have the work permit to get the SSN....or at least that's what I understood...

It will be terrible if my husband can't even find his SSN or Driving License...2-3 months during this winter...it's hard to pass time at home for a man..you know?... Oh...and also...he is planning to go to school...and I heard with K3 visa, school charges non-resident fee...This is not a good news... :confused:
Only thing that's POSITIVE about this whole thing is that he will be here... WITH ME... :)

Keep me in loop with the updates in your case

Thanks

Hey Durgum,

Ok..I have heard a few things about this procedure...Are you in New Orleans area?...and that's why you had to go to your Local INS office?
I will have to do the same...I am filling out all the paper work that I need to get this procedure correct.

Now, I will have to find out about the SSN, 'cuz I looked at the application for SSN and you don't really have to have the work permit to get the SSN....or at least that's what I understood...

It will be terrible if my husband can't even find his SSN or Driving License...2-3 months during this winter...it's hard to pass time at home for a man..you know?... Oh...and also...he is planning to go to school...and I heard with K3 visa, school charges non-resident fee...This is not a good news... :confused:
Only thing that's POSITIVE about this whole thing is that he will be here... WITH ME... :)

Keep me in loop with the updates in your case

Thanks

UnHappyMe

Yes I'am Baton Rouge in Louisiana so my wife had to go to new orleans bcis office to give the finger prints.

Now we tried to get her a ssnumber but they told us to get the work permit FIRST. Therefore I'am waiting to get that work permit which might take 2-3 months from the finger prints date.

So without a work permit my wife cannot get a ss number without which she cannot get a drivers license.

I'll post all the developments as soon as they happen.

Ram

Hi Durgum,

I found out the same information...this sucks because they can't do anything until they get the work permit...really, it's frustrating. Here in Michigan I'm more worried about getting my husband's driver's license etc. before the snow starts...so that he doesn't have to wait around until the spring... I guess my husband and I will have to just be patient and leave it all up to the fate. we'll do our part...

anyways...I'm all set with my papers...I will be sending out I-485 etc... soon...

do keep me posted with your time lines...I shall do the same...
Thanks

UnHappyMe

I-485! Why? are you saying that your husbands I-130 is approved already?Please clarify.

Ram

Yeeeyyy!!!! :D My Husband is here...I'm so happy....
No Durgum, It's not approved yet...but the INS office told him that he will have to send it directly to Chicago office for process..if it was already approved...he'd get work permit right there...

:(

ins delay

Hi guys.
I'm from Romania and i got marriet to Dan last year on july4.We applied for for i130 and they received our petition on july11.But when Dan talked with them on phone ins said that it could be faster with I129 fiancee visa so applied for that too and they received our petition on august 25.In november we got a letter from them where they asked us photos with us and aa copy after marriage ceritificate.We suppose to have an answer by March 9 and yet no answer.When Dan called on march 9 they said we are on case review...what is that???...and it will take about 4 weeks .After this time he called again and no answer yet.And now he asked for an inquiry why is taking so long.They wanted another 30 days.what is going on???Can anybody tell me??Plsss

guccidkny said:
Hello Durgam:

Below are my timelines for K3 visa for my spouse:

1) Applied for I-130 in May, 2002 (Sent in my Application on May 20, 2002). They received it on May 21, 2002 and I received Notice of Action that my application has been received. My Receipt date was May 23, 2002
2) Applied for my Spouse for K3 on August 12, 2002. Receipt date was August 13, 2002
3) Got I-130 approved on October 7, 2002 and received Notice of Approval on October 10, 2002.
4) Got Letter from NVC on Nov. 11, 2002 that they are ready to process overseas consular processing. They asked me to send $65.00 to them for Affidavit of Support Fee so that they can send the AOS form. I had to send the fee to St. Louis first and then Saint Louis will notify New Hampshire of the fee and New Hamshipire will send me AOS form (I-864) form. Also at the same time i.e. in the same packet received on Nov. 11th, 2002, I received Choice of Agent letter for my wife to designate someone for her to have correspondence from NVC. I already had downloaded the Choice of Agent form and asked my wife to sign it and send it in. This was before Nov. 11, 2002. I got her Choice of Agent form signed end of October. The only thing with the downloaded copy is that it doesn't have barcode written on it. When NVC sends you the Choice of Agent form, it has barcode on it. So on Nov. 11, 2002 when I got the Choice of Agent letter along with the AOS support fee letter, I sent both of them i.e. Attached my wife's signed Choice of Agent form (without the barcode) with the one which was not signed. With the barcode, it is easy for them to just scan it and put the documents into their system. Choice Of Agent letter goes to New Hampshire directly.
5) My K3 visa petition got approved on Nov. 25, 2002 by Missouri Center.
5) My Money order for I-130 for $65.00 got cashed on Nov. 24, 2002. I got the AOS (I-864) form on Dec. 7, 2002.
6) Now I received the Fee Bill for Immigrant Visa Application i.e. $335.00 on Dec. 6, 2002. I sent the $335.00 on Dec. 7, 2002 and Saint Louis received it on 9th December.
7) I sent my AOS (I-864) form signed and notarized on Dec. 10, 2002 and New Hampshire NVC receives on Dec. 11th, 2002.
8) I receive a letter from NVC on Dec. 11th, 2002 that they have sent my wife's K3 application to Delhi on that day via email.
9) My Cashier's check gets cashed on Dec. 24, 2002 for $335.00.
10) My wife emails to New Delhi Embassy on Dec. 26, 2002 asking about the K3 petition and interview date. New Delhi Embassy responds back on Dec. 31, 2002 telling her that her interview is on January 27, 2002 at 8 AM. The case # which Delhi Embassy responded back was different as compared to the NVC K3 case #. Delhi Embassy creates a new case # when the K3 visa case arrives in Delhi through email.
11) My wife receives a letter from Delhi Embassy dated Dec. 31, 2002 about K3 processing (Appointment Letter) on January 4th, 2003.
12) I receive my Immigrant Visa application for wife on January 6th, 2002. I sent in my Immigrant Visa application to NVC on January 10, 2002.
13) NVC receives DS-230 application (Immigrant Visa application) Part 1 on January 13, 2003.
14) I send all of my Non-Immigrant papers i.e. I-134 Affidavit of support form, my employment letter, my assets values, my tax returs etc. to my wife on January 10, 2002
15) My wife does her medical on January 16, 2003.
16) She interviews for K3 visa on January 27, 2003 and they give her visa the same day although the visa is picked up by her the next day as Embassy forgot to ask her for the passport in the morning when she interviewed and asked her to come at 4 PM to pick up visa on 27th. When she went, they told her she would have to come tomorrow (28th) to pick it up as they didn't have her passport. At 4 PM, my wife gave the passport and then came on 28th at 4 PM to pick up the passport with visa and all her documents.

There is no notarization required for marriage certificate, Employment letter etc. You only require notarization of I-134 and I-864 form. But what I also did was I declared on a seperate sheet of paper what were my assets. I had three seperate letter telling my Real Estate value, stock value, personal property value and I signed that and got that notarized as well. I also attached my proof of value but didn't get those notarized.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

-Guccidkny
hello dear it is good that you are both together dear i need some help i have read your posts but i still have something to know please replky me soon when you see this message you will be kind to help me please write to me at biludear2003@yahoo.com
waitng for your reply

hello dear ram i am from india too and my wife has filed the form I129 F and the have received the form on 19 may we have got the first NOA and now waiting for the 2nd
i wnat to know how long it takes to get the second NOA after the first one
please tyell me how should i prepare form my interview for k3 and please tell me what should we do to prove that i will not become a public charge in the usa
waiitng for your rpely please write to me at biludear2003@yahoo.com

Problem at Thai embassy

We applied for fiancé visa last June of 08 , Finally after a long wait , Jan 09 we were approved and the Package was send to the Thai Embassy, my fiancé was scheduled for an interview a few week later, she went to the interview with all the required documents , and after the interview was told to come back a week later, she went to the embassy a week later and was told that, her case was forwarded for “ Under section 221g, Administrative Processing) and some one will call her. It Has now being several months and nobody has called, we try to call the embassy but we are told that the only way to communicate with the Visa department is Via e-mail. I have send 4 emails and received no answer. I called my Congressman and they tried to find out what is going on, their emails and inquiries have so far gone unanswered.
What are my options, Is there some government office that has oversight of the USA embassies or can they do what ever they want? is there some other way that I might be able to find out what is going on? If anyone had a similar situation please tell me how you resolved your situation.
Thank you

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. You are dealing with a consulate that handles a lot of fradulent cases and applicants. The consulate is basically wating for the all clear from different federal agencies in DC.

What are my options, Is there some government office that has oversight of the USA embassies or can they do what ever they want? is there some other way that I might be able to find out what is going on? If anyone had a similar situation please tell me how you resolved your situation.

We applied for fiancé visa last June of 08 , Finally after a long wait , Jan 09 we were approved and the Package was send to the Thai Embassy, my fiancé was scheduled for an interview a few week later, she went to the interview with all the required documents , and after the interview was told to come back a week later, she went to the embassy a week later and was told that, her case was forwarded for “ Under section 221g, Administrative Processing) and some one will call her. It Has now being several months and nobody has called, we try to call the embassy but we are told that the only way to communicate with the Visa department is Via e-mail. I have send 4 emails and received no answer. I called my Congressman and they tried to find out what is going on, their emails and inquiries have so far gone unanswered.
Thank you

I think you can contact your local congressman for help. In principle they can help you finding the reason for the delay. Usually the consulates tell you the time it will take for "additional administrative processing". If it is much longer than that time I would contact the congressman and explain the situation and request help.

To be honest it sounds as though your husband has no interest in saving your marriage or in getting you into the United States.
I suggest you talk with an Immigration lawyer and get a proper legal opinion.