K3 and B1

kaashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Getting married in Dec 2011. I am a US Citizen. Planning on applying for the K3 (I-130) while I am in India at the Embassy in Delhi. A friend pulled it off somehow and his wife was able to come over in just 3 months. I would probably not be allowed to file at the Consulate directly since I don't live in India. No harm in asking for a favor.

If denied, I will ask them if they would mind giving my wife a single entry B1/B2 visa so she can spend 3-4 months here and then go back for the K3 process since it takes 7-10 months. Any ideas if that B1/B2 possible? Thank you.
kaashi

Not impossible, but very close to it.

I will ask them if they would mind giving my wife a single entry B1/B2 visa so she can spend 3-4 months here and then go back for the K3 process since it takes 7-10 months. Any ideas if that B1/B2 possible?

Thank you Sir, as always. No harm in trying. Will get back to you if I need something. Thank you.

Hi,
Getting married in Dec 2011. I am a US Citizen. Planning on applying for the K3 (I-130) while I am in India at the Embassy in Delhi. A friend pulled it off somehow and his wife was able to come over in just 3 months. I would probably not be allowed to file at the Consulate directly since I don't live in India. No harm in asking for a favor.

If denied, I will ask them if they would mind giving my wife a single entry B1/B2 visa so she can spend 3-4 months here and then go back for the K3 process since it takes 7-10 months. Any ideas if that B1/B2 possible? Thank you.
kaashi

You are going about the visa processing incorrectly. Forget about K-3 and B visas. Direct Consular Processing will be denied absent a "special circumstance" and you have not mentioned any. Don't waste time, money, and energy on anything but the I-130 to Chicago Lockbox Immigrant Visa Processing.

My two-cents.

Thanks BigJoe for your 2 cents. I only want to tell them the truth and hope for some miracle on their part, that I had obtained a K-1 for a fiance last year, was approved, but the engagement fell apart so the K-1 was retracted; that is there any chance they might give me a break and process the K-3 quickly by accepting my application in Delhi?

Let me understand you correctly. You are saying, go get married, come back here, and file the I-130 (K-3) to the Chicago Lockbox, which will take months to process and it will take 8-10-12 months for the would-be wife to come over here, right?

I guess that would be the last resort if they turn me down in Delhi.

Thanks BigJoe for your 2 cents. I only want to tell them the truth and hope for some miracle on their part, that I had obtained a K-1 for a fiance last year, was approved, but the engagement fell apart so the K-1 was retracted; that is there any chance they might give me a break and process the K-3 quickly by accepting my application in Delhi?

Let me understand you correctly. You are saying, go get married, come back here, and file the I-130 (K-3) to the Chicago Lockbox, which will take months to process and it will take 8-10-12 months for the would-be wife to come over here, right?

I guess that would be the last resort if they turn me down in Delhi.

You do realize that in order to file an I-129F for a K-3, you have to have already filed an I-130 for a spouse? You need at least the receipt notice for the I-130 as REQUIRED EVIDENCE just to file the I-129F for the K-3 spouse. In addition, you cannot direct file for a K-3.

The U.S. State Department WILL NOT "give you a break" because it does not have any legal authority to do so. Also, an engagement falling apart is certainly NOT going to help the situation.

Yes, I do realize that the I-130 filing comes before the I-129F. Thank you for your response. Anyway, the marriage comes before all this and then these technical things come into play. We'll see whatever happens. Thanks again.
kaashi