Just talked to IIO re I485

ruxrux

Registered Users (C)
Here's how it went:
--May I have your case number
--wac02103...
--Oh sir, this is a February 2002 case and we are on November 2001 now
--I know, but the JIT report date is not moving at all
--Of course it's not moving, do you know we get over 5170 (!) cases a day here? There are currently only 3 officers working on I-485 right now
--So what do you think, when will my case be touched?
--I cannot say that sir, do you know how many cases we get a day, sir?
--By this speed, it'll take 50 years to adjudicate cases that you receive today.
--Oh no, sir, this is only temporarily slow, we expect 7 more officers assigned to I-485 on May 19th
--How long will it take them to get up to speed with the job?
--I don't know sir, probably about two weeks
--Thanks a lot, bye

merry be ye geeks
ins info leaks
it'll be another two weeks
two weeks, oh the two weeks
my life is compressed
(and I'm utterly depressed)
in those shining two weeks
--
I'd like to change my user name to ruxrux5170

thanks

for the info. May be there is some truth to the May 19th thing, we have heard it from more than one IIO (hopefully it was not the same one who referred to May19 date earlier to someone else).

ruxrux,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to talk to an IIO.

Looks like earlier info posted by Ajay is good! There is going to be a meeting on May 19th. I had no clue there were only 3 people working on 485 THREE PEOPLE ONLY? NO FREAKING WAY! DAMN IT!

ANd they plan to raise the bar by 7? What the hell, at this rate, there is no way that we are going to see any approvals in the near future! :(

EXTREMELY SAD! :(

Yes, it is sad. I could not believe my ears either - but then this explains why the approval rate is so meager. It seems just about right, the more I think of it. 3 people times 3 approvals per day...

I called not because I'd hoped to find out anything new about my case, but because of my wife's AP case. Turns out the other part was more interesting. I did not include the AP part in the transcript:

--I'd like to know about I131 case wac03128
--The name please
--Aleksandra so and so
--This is a man's voice
--My name is Marko so and so and I'm asking about my wife's case
--I cannot give you more than general information then sir - the case has been assigned to an officer.

... then came the I-485 part from my post above

Thanks Rux, come to think of it, by assigning 7 officers, instead of 3, the speed of approvals will go up more than 200%.

So, if they were approving one case a day, now you'll see 3 cases a day. Which means, if you had to wait for 50 years earlier, now you'll have to wait only 15 .. Cool huh?

It's even better - he said 7 more officers, so it'll be 10 instead of 3! 10 years maximum!!! 10 EAD and 10 AP renewals per case! 10*(120+110) = $2300 per I-485 case plus the regular fees!

But consider the following scenario: let's say that Feb 2001 cases will be up in December 2003. After 7 more officers are assigned to I-485, I'll see my GC already in October!!!

What when 999+30 days have really passed?

New IIO officers are waiting for their EAD card approval in order to start working adjudicating cases...

thanks for the info

very interesting...
I was always wondering, how many people actually work on 485 up there?
In the past they could process way more than 100 cases per day, so, I thought it might be about 20 officers, about 5 approvals per day per person plus sending RFEs, FP, etc.
So, we now should see abot 50 approvals per day. At that pace, they'll finish 01 backlog in 2-3 month and november 02 backlog in 3-6 month and maybe they got to my favorite series in 6 more month... I'm cool.

If 7 more officers are assigned. We will probaly see a speed-up, but very moderate I suspect.

We will have to wait another two weeks to see any signs of speed-up. Guys, if you have any new update, pls post it here. Nov/Dec 02 guys will be the beneficiaries in the near term.

One last hope, those new officers please do not frog leap again and skip those poor guys.

Originally posted by LC66
If 7 more officers are assigned. We will probaly see a speed-up, but very moderate I suspect.

We will have to wait another two weeks to see any signs of speed-up. Guys, if you have any new update, pls post it here. Nov/Dec 02 guys will be the beneficiaries in the near term.

One last hope, those new officers please do not frog leap again and skip those poor guys.

Seriously dude.

Tell your story to a newspaper or any news source, try to get their attention.

This is a good example of how little attention 485 cases are getting from people outside of applicants.

great thanks, now I will be seeing 10 chickens jumping over a fence :( nightmares for as long as this will take.

Sillyman...

SillyMan,

I was doing the same thing.... calculating how long it will take with 10 IIOs. As I was scrolling down, I found your post. You are damn fast. I wish INS acts same, but there's no sign at all.

I applied for my first renewal in March (well before 90 days). I hope they wont show some other cause to delay EAD approvals. If they do that, I better find a job in India.

uffffffff..................

JM

JM, 2 years later, your human mind adapts to run certain mathematical formulae real fast.

One of them is

Dim str as String
str = GetFeelingsAboutIns()
Label1.text = str

Label1 reads "I HATE INS *(#*(#()$*#()$*".

Re: Sillyman...

Originally posted by junior_member
SillyMan,

I was doing the same thing.... calculating how long it will take with 10 IIOs. As I was scrolling down, I found your post. You are damn fast. I wish INS acts same, but there's no sign at all.

I applied for my first renewal in March (well before 90 days). I hope they wont show some other cause to delay EAD approvals. If they do that, I better find a job in India.

uffffffff..................

JM

What renewal U applied for ??
Probably it is EAD.. If it is so, as per BCIS U need to apply 6 months before expiry date for renewal.
Don't think U applied WELL BEFORE :D:D

1amShantanuB,

As long as Junior_member applied 90 days prior to expiry of EAD, iEAD is always an open option.

Just out of curiousity sake, why are you after Junior_member's back? Are you offended by some post, or what?

This kind of targeted persecution reduces your net worth in the eyes of this forum, and nothing you say will be taken at face value again. You need to either:
1. Stop
2. Grow up

What ever it is between you and junior_member, take it offline! Stop this BS behaviour NOW!