Just Got My GC, Need to Sponsor Spouse

WongGendeng

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just recently received my GC, and now I need to sponsor my wife (I'm aware that it will take a long time). My wife is currently resides in US in H1 status which will expire in March 2009 (she is already in the second 3 years). With the nature of her job, she's having a hard time to get a work authorization from DOL. After being screwed up by her previous lawyer, she's about to try to apply PERM. However, at the same time, I would like to submit a petition for her in case the last attempt with the PERM is not working.

Here are the list of my questions:
1. What forms that I need to submit for her? As far as I know here are what I need
- I-130 <-- Petition Form
- I-485 <-- Adjust Permanent Residence
- G-325A <-- Biography
- I-693 <-- Medical Information
- I-864 <-- Affidavid of Support
Are the above forms correct? Please let me know if I need to submit something else.
2. Since my wife is already here and work, do I still need to submit the I-864?
3. If (I really hope not) the PERM for my wife is not working, and her status expires in 2009, will she be able to stay here in any kind of status, or she has to go back to her home country?
4. If she has to go home to her home country, but she decided to stay illegally, will it affect the petition case when the visa is available for her?
5. In some threads, I read some people also applied I-765 (work authorization), do you think I can do the same or my wife?
6. My wife is 8 months pregnant now, and we're afraid if she goes to the doctor office and have her I-693 completed, it will affect the health of the baby. Is it ok if I mail the I-485 without the I-693 for right now. And then mail the I-693 after the baby born?

I thank you very much in advance for any responses and help.

WongGendeng

Hey...

thanks for the reply. We were married in June 2006 and my GC was issued in July 2007. I got my GC through derivative asylum that was filed back in 2002. Therefore, my GC issuance date is back-dated a year earlier (July 2006).

Please let me know if more information is needed for you to share some suggestion.

Thanks again.

WongGendeng

Last edited by a moderator:
Therefore, my GC issuance date is back-dated a year earlier (July 2006).

This is outside of my area of expertise; are spouses of asylees eligibile for derivative benefits?

If not, you'll need to file the I-130 only, and wait five years. She cannot file an I-485 right now.

bcz he got his GC through derivative asylee, his wife can't get GC even they married before the issue of GC

join the army,,,get the citizenship in one year,then she doesn't have to wait,,

Mr Wong..

I Have A Question For U .after Your Npt Case Approval .then File Transfer Back To Nsc .did You Receive Any Notice Likes Figerprint Or Transfer Notice...cause You Know What ,.my Case Are Same As Yours...but They Transfer My File To Asylum Office For Further Processing Again..dont Know What Is Next Suprise Yet~..just Want To Know More Detail About Your Case..thanks

Join yourself...

bcz he got his GC through derivative asylee, his wife can't get GC even they married before the issue of GC

join the army,,,get the citizenship in one year,then she doesn't have to wait,,

Why do u want this guy to do and get his ball blown up, for a stupid citizenship? :mad: why aren't you in the army?:confused: Iif you are so into encouraging people to join the army, while you are sitting down...:rolleyes:

Wong...don't take this stupid advise... you can get your citizenship in one year, but maybe without a leg, arm or even your brain... or worst of all, w/o your life. Wait... patience is a virtue... Your wife can wait till you get your citizenship or she can get her GC through the labor certification process.