• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Just called the KCC

but cheer up, we are not competiting against 14.7 millions peoples, but only against 7 millions minus the illegitimate ones knowing that nigerian make more than 1 million (about 1.407 millions) & 80% of them are disqualify & the other 7.5 millions comes from bangladesh who are limited to only 7000 selected (to make it simple, the bangladeshi compete against themself so does the nigerian)

but cheer up, we are not competiting against 14.7 millions peoples, but only against 7 millions minus the illegitimate ones knowing that nigerian make more than 1 million (about 1.407 millions) & 80% of them are disqualify & the other 7.5 millions comes from bangladesh who are limited to only 7000 selected (to make it simple, the bangladeshi compete against themself so does the nigerian)
Better yet, we are only competing against persons in our country/region...e.g. there were 1,391 entrants from Angola for DV-2012...1,039 for DV-2011 to which 55 were selected. There is a good chance of being selected from this region....

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, since i am from angola (which you might know lol since you used that region), I calculated my chances & angolan born are among the highest, our chances are between 4 to 5.5% of being selected... concidering the fact that the first drawing wasn't random, my chances must have been near 100%
Better yet, we are only competing against persons in our country/region...e.g. there were 1,391 entrants from Angola for DV-2012...1,039 for DV-2011 to which 55 were selected. There is a good chance of being selected from this region....

lol, since i am from angola (which you might know lol since you used that region), I calculated my chances & angolan born are among the highest, our chances are between 4 to 5.5% of being selected... concidering the fact that the first drawing wasn't random, my chances must have been near 100%
Yup, you're right. Therefore, there is a huge chance that you will win again. Like you've said, at least the 22,000 initial winners know that their application/photo are valid.

Im from EU and my chances are low.. I've checked previous years' results and it was about 50 to 200 ppl won directly from my home country. The photo must be valid otherwise the system would have thrown it back I mean sizewise.

well, anfe80, it depend on how many entrants there were from your home country, if there were 2 000, then your chances are realy high concidering that many havee been illegitime but the kcc does not tell that, on the statistic, they only show the entry, not the valid entry...

you can check the entries country by country & compare with the results to calculate the approx chances you got

But the selection is made by region isnt it? Many in my country have no idea that DV exists at all... probably because they just dont really dream about to immigrate to the US.

Thanks for the link!:)) Its 13-14000 total with derivatives and without 6-7000.. so approx 100-200 getting GC...it's not too bad.

yes, concidering that 50% of all the entries are from bangladesh so therefor I do feel very sorry for the former bangladeshi selectees because the odds are too low...
Yep, had seen that document before. Isn't it amazing that 67% of all entries for DV2012 come from only three countries: Bangladesh, Nigeria and Ukraine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the past years and entries my country has decreased by an average of a thousand applicants every year. However the chance of being selected for my country still hovers at 1-2%.

well, for the former selected, it is over, i just called the KCC & they erased our case number... it is over, just wait july 15...
Me I have a plan B, since there is no job in france anymore & i get the goverment payement, i will just spend 3 months in usa then come back for a month or two then 3 more months ect.. until I get enough money to pay for college or until i win the DV for real...

c u july 15, all the thread for redraw, unfair & stuff are useless

Hey, if you intend to spend 3 months in the US you should stay at least 3 months home before coming back. If you spend 50% or more time here in the US then home, you pretty much consider the US as your residence and may be denied entry, so watch out.

About school, you need to show that you have funds for at least 1 year. The funds not only include tuition but also health insurance and room and board. You may have to show that you have at least 25, 000. This is my 2nd degree in the us as an international student so I know.

do not worry, i can show that i have a place to stay (my girlfriends' house)
but thanks for the insight mate
Hey, if you intend to spend 3 months in the US you should stay at least 3 months home before coming back. If you spend 50% or more time here in the US then home, you pretty much consider the US as your residence and may be denied entry, so watch out.

About school, you need to show that you have funds for at least 1 year. The funds not only include tuition but also health insurance and room and board. You may have to show that you have at least 25, 000. This is my 2nd degree in the us as an international student so I know.

So, I checked the above link and found out there were 100K+ applicants. And I also checked 2011 results of breakdown of the selected from my country and it is 2200+. Does that mean chances are 2.2 in 100? If so, not bad..

give me the exact numbers & i tell you
So, I checked the above link and found out there were 100K+ applicants. And I also checked 2011 results of breakdown of the selected from my country and it is 2200+. Does that mean chances are 2.2 in 100? If so, not bad..