June-Revalidation Application tracking

H1B revalidation query by desi_bunda

Hi Desi_bunda

This is to answer your question ,

Q) normally in case of rejection , do they let the applicants know in a few weeks time ( which is the time it takes for the documents to be validated by St.Louis office and send to DC) or is it that we get to know the reject status also after 12 weeks ??

A) One of my friend sent his passport on May19th 2003 and got it back on August 19th without a Visa ( 3 months )
The Visa was not stamped since he had did not realize that the photo had a red background .

cubiclefun,

I think we should hear something next week only

since May last week applications are just getting processed...actually someone with May 24 date has still not got his passport so things don't seem to go in real "first come first serve order"....

guys if someone with June dates do get their passports please update the email with your information it will help all of use keep track of how much time before we get our passports..

reval_wait

pp withdrawal

Hi Guys,

My husband and I submitted our pp together. I need to travel before Sept 25. So I want to withdraw my pp. I called the DC office regarding this issue and told me that if I decided to withdraw my application, my husband's application will also be affected. My question is that if he re-apply after getting his passport, does he need to pay for a new NIV application ($100). And is it safe for him to re-apply even if his visa expiration date on his pp expired dec. 2002.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
aubrey79 :

If they say your husband application is also affected , then Its sure that they will send back both of your passports without stamping.

I think you will be loosing the non-refundable fee for both applications. I am not sure, so consult with other people also.

Folks who have withdrawn the passports ealrier - please help.

Aubrey,
Yes, he will have to pay fees again (not the reciprocity, I believe). About the time frame, they say that the visa should not be more than 12 months old INLCUDING processing time ... so it might depend on when he gets PP back and when he sends it again .... kinda dicey (as always with INS). BTW, when did you send the PP for reval??

Subbu

aubrey79 :

I wanted to remind you one more thing posted by another member , It takes around 25 days (5 days given in website is not true) to get your PPs back after you fax the request for withdrawal.

so you may have to act fast to get it in time.

Guys!

Thank you so much for all your responses!

msubbu,
I send my pp June 19, 2003, SL RD - June 20, 2003, DC RD - July 7, 2003

Thanks again!

Hey Guys!

We called the DC office again to ask again if my husband can still continue his application even if I withdraw mine. She told us to fax the request and explain the situation. I don't know why everytime I called the DC office they have different answer to my questions. And She also guaranteed me 7-10 business days withdrawal processing.
I hope I can get my pp before Sept 20 and I also hope that they will really continue my husband's application.

I'll update you!

Good luck to all of us!

Re: Status as of 8/27/03

reval_wait: SL sent: 2 June, SL received: 3 June, DC:?
LC_Virginia: SL sent: 4 June, SL received: 5 June, DC:?
bibhu: SL sent: 4 June, SL received: 5 June, DC:?
elradi: SL sent: 5 June, SL received: 9 June, DC:?
cubicle : SL sent: 7 June, SL received: 9 June, DC:?
carbon: SL sent: 10 June, SL received: 11 June, DC:?
vvrmsun:SL sent: 11 Jun, SL recieved:12 Jun, DC:?
gk_raj: Sl sent:16 June, SL received:17 June, DC:?
trackGC: SL sent: 18 June, SL received:20 June, DC: ?
aubrey79: SL sent:19 June, SL received:20 June, DC:?
nikks: SL sent:27 June, SL received: 30 June, DC:?

Looks like May applications are REALLY over. Its Our time. Please update your status as soon as you receive your passports.

raval_wait : you are first in the queue.

cubiclefun,

Nothing on fedex yet....

Probably will wait till thursday or friday before calling the DC office.

Guys, anyone have any update for June sent applications please update.

reval_wait

No passport yet

I really hope I get it back this week !

I want to travel to India as soon as possible, and I am waiting on my passport to book my ticket.

I'll update as soon as I receive it.

My friend had somewhat same issue. He got his wife passport returned because of photo issue. He sent photos again in the same week without delay and got the passport in 2 wks.
Ofcourse he got his passport early
Good luck!!

Sahithi,

Just want to ask, if they both submitted their application together and DC just returned his wife application, How did he pay for the new envelope or did they charged him thru his credit card?

Thanks,
Aubrey

They returned the passport plus query about photo. He just took new photos for his wife and sent it. He did not pay any new fee again
Hope this answers your question

Re: Re: Status as of 8/27/03

Originally posted by cubiclefun
reval_wait: SL sent: 2 June, SL received: 3 June, DC:?
LC_Virginia: SL sent: 4 June, SL received: 5 June, DC:?
bibhu: SL sent: 4 June, SL received: 5 June, DC:?
elradi: SL sent: 5 June, SL received: 9 June, DC:?
cubicle : SL sent: 7 June, SL received: 9 June, DC:?
carbon: SL sent: 10 June, SL received: 11 June, DC:?
vvrmsun:SL sent: 11 Jun, SL recieved:12 Jun, DC:?
gk_raj: Sl sent:16 June, SL received:17 June, DC:?
irfandeen: SL sent:17 June,SL recieved:18 June, DC: 02 July
trackGC: SL sent: 18 June, SL received:20 June, DC: ?
aubrey79: SL sent:19 June, SL received:20 June, DC:?
nikks: SL sent:27 June, SL received: 30 June, DC:?

Looks like May applications are REALLY over. Its Our time. Please update your status as soon as you receive your passports.

raval_wait : you are first in the queue.