June CP - Chennai Experiences

Docs asked?

Hi .. Rajeev Kumar , Kant, cpwaltair2, Congratulations on your successful CP. I have qn. What are the docs that you are submitted at the time of interview and what are the docs they have returned before calling for interview.?

Thanks.

CP interview experience at Chennai

Hi All

This is my CP interview experience at Chennai on May 23rd. I believed it would be useful if I posted in June experiences also, as I am late in posting.

Medicals:

I reached chennai on 21st May early morning. As soon as we reached we went to the Lister Labs and got our tests done. They gave a receipt and told to come back around 4:30 pm.We collected out reports around 4:30 pm and went from there to Dr. VijayLakshmi. She filled out some forms and gave me and my wife chicken pox vaccine. She was a very nice doctor. Remember to take any past vaccine records to the doctor. If you do not have them you have to take the vaccines from them. She gave two envelopes one for me and one for my wife. We need to submit only these two envelopes in the consulate. We need not carry the HUGE X-ray reports from Lister Labs.

Consulate:

We arrived at the consulate around 7:40 am, we were let in around 8:05 am. Everyone is made to sit in a hall. There are several counters inside. SOme of them are Indian ladies and others are american consular officers. Around 9:30 am, the Indian lady at a counter called us and collected both mine and wife's docs. She also asked if we had our wedding snaps, but did not take them.
Around 10:15 am, the the conular officer called us at the counter. He was a cool person. He just asked few questions like, what does your company do, how many people work. That's all. He also asked my wife when we got married and what she does. That's all. The interview took around one to two minutes.
And he said approved.

It was a tense but nice experience.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Re: Docs asked?

Originally posted by msns
Hi .. Rajeev Kumar , Kant, cpwaltair2, Congratulations on your successful CP. I have qn. What are the docs that you are submitted at the time of interview and what are the docs they have returned before calling for interview.?

Thanks.

msns - I have not completed my interview yet- but I will admit, It is nice to see my name up there ! :D

-Kant

cp interview @ chennai

Hi all,

Interview went fine and no complications. Thanks to Rajiv khanna for this forum and all others who helped us in the forum.

left US on 20th ,reached madras(centralised heater) on 23rd early morning.you have to be there to beleive it.

Stayed in New Woodlands hotel : 3kms from the consulate.
Rooms are cheap 1000 rs A/C . Here "Star" is not a verb, it's a noun. This is not a 3 star hotel. just a OK hotel,but it's been there for quiet a long time and has a reputation. So it's safe to keep the documents(we carried the important docs with us where ever we go)food mostly at saravana bhavan, walking distance from the hotel.

Lister:
Lister on 23rd morning around 900 am , met Rajeev,Krishnapriya,gangadhar and some others.
Most of the auto drivers know this place.
Its in Nungambakkam high road, opposite to "GANPAT".around 100 m from the high road.

Camera city:
It took roughly an hour , went to Camera city around 1000 am. its
opp to chola sheraton(diagonally opposite)
just opposite to TCS. say "immigation" type photos.they know the rest.

my chennai map!!

* lister
|
*(Cameracity)======*(consulate)============

it took an hr to get the photos.

got the medical reports around 530 pm.

Dr. V

we had an appt. on tue at 10am , waited there for 15 min.it took just 40 min. for both of us..
costs 3000
had MMR , Vericella or something like that for chicken pox.
out of the doctors place at 1100am
we got sealed reports.she was nice and fast.

went to spencers plaza,
got a folder with 25 seperators for 450rs at LANDMARK and did some shopping there.

Interview:
our appt is at 1000 am on wednesday , 25th.
reached there at 945 am, waited with the F1 applicants for a while and went to the gate and told about the Immigration interview and they letus in.
we took the folder and a plastic bag for other certs.

arranged the docs in order and waited for 15 min.
counter 8 lady called us at 1015 am . she was nice and considerate..
took 20 minutes to sort the docs,
gave back most of the copies..
i just took what was specified in the packet 4 and some additionals like
bank statements,payslips,monthly statements,brokerage statements..
also i used RAJU595's list to have other misc. docs.

For tax ,she took copy of 2002 w2 only.(she specifically asked for 2002 w2)
original pcc from sfo indian consulate.
4 unsigned immi photos.

TAKE number of applicant copies of all the docs.

Interview was at 1045.

Interview ?s

current pay,
starting pay when i joined my company,
job title,
no of empl. in the comp
when i joined the comp.
when i came to US.

marriage date.
wife's occupation

thats it.

it just took an hour at the consulate.
in at 1000 am.
out at 1100 am.

GOT the the visa packet by courier at my home town. 26th june (thur)

Don't worry much about transportation in chennai. got to bargain mostly with autos,but
thats fine.if you think of the heat in chennai and how those auto drivers suffer.

thanks guys

E3- Visa got delayed

Hello,

I attended the interview today and the consular officer told that my visa is approved. He also mentioned that the visa can't be issued until 1st July as the E3 visa numbers are not available until then. Any body else in the same boat?

Thanks,
nadan

All the members above who got their visas,

Congratulations.

Nadan,

Congratulations once again. Though I cannot share a personal
experience as you have faced, I can reassure you that you will
get your visa on the promised date.

Raju

Congrats all Jun CPers getting their visa approved.
How many days in advance did you guys took the appointment with doctor ?

Nandan,

Usually the E Visas are numerically limited by month. I had seen in one of the posts long back about a person having to wait for 2 weeks before he got the actual visa even though the officer had informed him that his visa was approved. This, if I remember right, had happened in Mumbai consulate sometime last year!!

So, don't worry. You'll get your visa and hopefully things would be fine soon!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

I am also in the same boat

Nadan,
Even I had successful interview (i will give the deatails later) and officer told me that I will recieve the mail in next week before friday. I thougt that, he told in usual manner( for everybody they tell that in 2 or 3 days) and came back.
Bad thing is I provided the hotel address and I am waiting in the hotel since yesterday. I did not recieve the courier and blue dart told me that, nothing is dispached from U.S consulate yesterday.,. Just now I am browsing this page and read your message. So probably, mine also got delayed because of the same reason.
I will get it confirmed again by calling them.

But I will be leaving Chennai by today evening. I don't know if I can provide the different address(local) by e-mail or whether I need to come back again by monday to Chennai..

Thanks,
Sam.

Sam,

If I were you, I would walk over to the information counter at the embassy and ask the question. I am sure that they can change the courier info if you request them. Good luck.;)

Successful CP

22nd June 5:10 AM Started to Chennai from Warangal
22nd June 6:00 PM Reached Chennai Central
Got a prepaid auto 40/- to Crystal Residency
23rd June 8:00 AM reached Lister labs met a lot of our forum guys
( Met Balaji, Babji, Krishna Priya, Rajeev, Chakraborty )
23rd June 10:00 AM finished the lab works
23rd June 4:45 PM collected lab reports
23rd June 5:15 PM reached Dr. Vijayalakshmi's Hospital
23rd June 6:45 PM called in and got only MMR since I
mentioned that I got Chicken Pox before.
23rd June 7:15 PM finished Doctors appt.
24th June Set all the paper work inorder and complete rest.
25th June 7:45 AM reached the Consulate ( 5 min walk from Crystal Residency )
25th June 8:00 AM We were sent inside the Consulate.
25th June 8:05 AM A lady has given brefing for Immigrants
that the paper work has to be in order and
complete all the blanks with None or Never
instead of Not Applicable or N/A.
25th June 8:15 AM We all were called in by names for the paper work.
25th June 8:40 AM I the 5th person to be called in the lady collected
all the paper work. All she asked for is photocopy
of Birth certificates and marriage certificate
H1 and H4 extensions and PCC ofcourse all other paper work mentioned in P4.
My wife doesnt have a H4 extension for which I answered that H1 extension
defaults H4 extension also ( as told by my lawyer ) but she didnt agree and
kept telling that my wife has overstayed for over 4 months.
25th June 9:15 AM COnsular started calling candidates by name.
25th June 9:20 AM First person got rejected ( I guess because the consular
stamped something on his passport and gave back the passport
and the candidate rushed out of the Consulate. All of us
observing this decided that he has been rejected ).
25th June 9:25 AM Next person has been called in and was approved.
25th June 10:15 AM I am called in after some candidates who all are approved.

Consular : How are you today sir?
Ganga : Just fine. How abt you Sir?
Consular : Great.
Consular : Which company do you work for Sir?
Ganga : YYYYYYYY Company located in Southfiled MI.
Consular : FOr how long have you been in US?
Ganga : almost 3 years.
Consular : When did you go to US?
Ganga : First time in 1999 on Sept 10th. Second time 2000 August 9th.
Consular : How long have you been married sir ?
Ganga : For 4 years.
Consular : When did you get married ?
Ganga : xxx xxx 1999
Consular : When did you go to US Mam ( refering to my wife )
Sudha : 2000 August 9th
Consular : Why didnt you take her first time?
Ganga : I resigned my earlier company and then applied for H1 with the
present company I am working for.
Ganga : I havent submitted my sons Affidivt of Support do you need it Sir?
Consular : (laughing) He is a born Citizen he doesnt have any problems but you have
problems.
Ganga & Sudha : (Nervously) He He He....
Consular : How much is your Salary Sir?
Ganga : XX K .
Consular : I see in your offer letter that you have XX + 10 K.
Ganga : ahem thats the 401 K + bonus
Consular : So you salary is XX + 10 K not XX K.
Ganga : Thats right sir.

He made us take oath and sign the DSC 230 Part II

Consular : How many people work in your company sir?
Ganga : I dont exactly know but last time I know there were around X people.
Consular : Why dont you know ( Staring at me ).
Ganga : Thats because I am busy at clients place.
Consular : So you are being out sourced by your company ( Still staring at me ).
Ganga : ( I want tokickmyself for landing into this ) No sir I do my work at
the company site in Sothfield but most of the time I should be
interacting with the client so I stay at the clients place.
Consular : Who is your client ( Still staring at me stopped browsing thru my paper work )
Ganga : CNA Insurance.
Consular : ( looking at my passport ) So you are being outsourced.
Ganga : ( Silent with a worried look on my face)
Consular : ( Stamped on my existing visa "Cancelled without prejudice" )
Ganga : I sighed with relief.
Consular : ( laughing ) thats ok sir, its not a problem at all.
Consular : Your visas have been issued you are free to leave the consulate Sir.

He didnt ask abt my wife H4 extension or anything.

CP OK

Exp same as VinnakotaGangadhar. Not much to add. By grace of god it was smooth. Thanks to all who make this a great forum. Remember keep your doucmentation perfect. Bye!

Re: I am also in the same boat

Sam,

The consular officer mentioned the same time frame to me too and I specifically asked for the reason for the delay. He patiently explained the situation to me and assured that the visa will be issed during July 1st week. I will notify you as soon as my visa packet is received. Please do the same from your side too.

Thanks,
nadan

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Nadan,
Even I had successful interview (i will give the deatails later) and officer told me that I will recieve the mail in next week before friday. I thougt that, he told in usual manner( for everybody they tell that in 2 or 3 days) and came back.
Bad thing is I provided the hotel address and I am waiting in the hotel since yesterday. I did not recieve the courier and blue dart told me that, nothing is dispached from U.S consulate yesterday.,. Just now I am browsing this page and read your message. So probably, mine also got delayed because of the same reason.
I will get it confirmed again by calling them.

But I will be leaving Chennai by today evening. I don't know if I can provide the different address(local) by e-mail or whether I need to come back again by monday to Chennai..

Thanks,
Sam.

Congrats Gangadhar,aronline and nadan. I hear of a rejection in E category due to medical report, presumably with TB. do not know if it is same as what Vinnakotagangadhar seen. Myself and my wife never got checked for TB. Does anybody know of IV rejection due to positive TB tests ?

Re: congrats

Hi,
My chennai Ip exxp is same as vinnokota gangadhar..I met him there...
was asked the same questions..

CP is best way to go as long as you do your hme work right and have no problems with your earlier visas....
important thing is documentatin..double check evrything..make sure you have solid copies of all the things listed in P4...
also do not stay in chennai for your packet after interview..dats waste of time....blue dart is really good.. i got mine in 3 days...
medicals can be done in one day...
lister labs will give the results same day if u go there by 7.30am..and in the afternoon u can do your physicals...
for any reasn if your spuse is not listed in the appt letter...get e-mail proof that u can bring him/her to the interivew...

crystal residency is not a good hotel..atleast from my exp....
for fotos u can use konica color lab..it very very near...

lastly be confident abt your answers...dont' panic or be nervous..remember this is not an interview for your H-1B/F-1 visa..everything is already appv by INS in the USA and this is just a formality(provided everything u said or did thus far is genuine)...

also 8:00 am appt timers..pls come there by 7:30 and wait first in the line..or else u will be standing way back in a long line and u have to convuinve them that u hav an appt at 8 am..

good luck and haffun...
dallasdude...

thanks for all the senior members..rajeev..raju595 and everyone for giving your invaluble feedback...hatsoff 2 u..
p.s: try annalakshmi restaurant near spencer plaza..food is excellent:)