June 2012 N-400 Tracker

Hoping so. My YL was dated 2 weeks ago today. It was mailed the next day and arrived on a Monday. I have signed up for text/email updates but I've had no update to my case since I signed up so I'm not even sure the messages will come through. I'm also not trusting the online updates on the website since many who have taken their oath still show online as "in line".

Looking at the Trackitt site, nobody in my DO (Atlanta) has received an IL since mid September, and the last of the people actually scheduled, goes today. I follow 3 sites and I haven't noticed anyone in my DO with an interview pending except that one person today (I may have missed somebody though... easy to filter on the Trackitt site).

ILs seem to come out in bunches, so I'm hoping I'm in the next bunch... whenever that may be :)

Grasshoppr,

Yes, I agree that there is something wrong with their notification system. In terms of e-mails, I did not receive any after the fingerprinting notice. I did however get text(sms) alerts. My wife never got any e-mail alerts - her application was filed 2.5 months after mine - she has been getting text alerts.

As far as the online status, there indeed is a time lag. My online status still shows on 08/30, they sent me an interview letter even though I took oath one week ago.

I follow 3 sites and I haven't noticed anyone in my DO with an interview pending except that one person today (I may have missed somebody though... easy to filter on the Trackitt site).

:)

Hi Grashoppr
Would you mind sharing with the forum, the three web sites you are referring to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview completed today, IO did not check any supporting documents except for a brief look at my GC. Asked me a few simple questions - "How many justices on the US Supreme Court", "Who is one of your senators", etc. Asked me to write and read a statement about the White House in Washington DC. Received my approval but did not receive the Oath Letter today. I have asked for a name change, so I will receive the Oath Letter in a few weeks and be scheduled for a judicial oath.

An update: In Oath Scheduling que

My spouse case.

GC-EB1EA-Dependent-August 2007
06/11/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ (Day 0)
06/12/12: Package delivered (Day 1)
06/14/12: Received and routed to NBC (Email notification) (Day 3)
06/16/12: NOA Received (Day 5)
06/19/12: FP notice sent (Day 8)
06/23/12: FP notice Recd. for July 13 (Day 12)
07/06/12: FP done (Day 25)
07/30/12: In line for Interview Scheduling (Day 49)
09/04/12: Interview Scheduled (Day 84)
10/09/12: Interview Passed (Day 118)
10/12/12: In Oath Scheduling que (Day 121)

Did not call for the same day Oath ceremony

Please have a look at my signature. My wife had an interview today and she passed the test. Our DO, Baltimore organises the same day interview almost for every one but my wife is not called for the same day interview. The other N-400 applicants who attended the interview after my wife are called for the interview late in the afternoon. We are surprised.
More importantly, we need to have our daughters, I-485 to be approved before our daughter becomes 18. This can only happen when my wife becomes citizen first. My wfie tried to explain the situation to the immigration officer. He listened our situation and seems like trying to help. Officer initially asked my wofe to wait for some time and came back saying that they will inform us about oath ceremony within two weeks. He also took my wife cell number.

Any thoughts or feedback on this...

Did she request a name change on the application? If yes, that could be the reason why she did not get the same day oath.

Please have a look at my signature. My wife had an interview today and she passed the test. Our DO, Baltimore organises the same day interview almost for every one but my wife is not called for the same day interview. The other N-400 applicants who attended the interview after my wife are called for the interview late in the afternoon. We are surprised.
More importantly, we need to have our daughters, I-485 to be approved before our daughter becomes 18. This can only happen when my wife becomes citizen first. My wfie tried to explain the situation to the immigration officer. He listened our situation and seems like trying to help. Officer initially asked my wofe to wait for some time and came back saying that they will inform us about oath ceremony within two weeks. He also took my wife cell number.

sarwarmd,

Did she request a name change on the application? If yes, that could be the reason why she did not get the same day oath.

Jinny,
Thanks for your response...
Do you know that how long do they take to have the oath ceremony if it is not done on the same day?
Or do you know that how is it going to progress from now on...!

I heard that cutoff time for same day oath is 11:00am.

So nothing new here. No IL letter so far. Still waiting .... I assume nothing new in your cases, Grasshopr and Needadvice71 as well?
So frustrating. I was watching the presidential debate last night and had to laugh when they were talking about the immigration reform and how fast and streamlined the process is. I felt like yelling at the tv, I am still waiting here (for my IL letter). I would have like to vote too but not likely at this point I will be able to. Oh well...

Noticed on the other site Grasshopr referred to that there is one June person in NYC who seemed to have received the IL last week. His priority date is 1 day before me. So I keep hoping (what else is there to do?) I will get one soon as wel.

Also, I have a new theory on why we are all waiting (those of us June filers waiting for IL). Someone mentioned that they had their interview yesterday and got an oath date for Oct 26, the last day to register for vote. So perhaps they pushed through all the filers in time for elections, and as our bad luck is, this ended with May filers, and rest of just have to wait. Just a theory...

Still no news here - but I haven't been home yet to check the mailbox. No text or online status change, so I'm not holding my breath. I just read in the ATL timeline that a couple from late April and early May are scheduled. I filed at the end of June so I'm basically 2 months behind them. Hope I'm not waiting another 2 months :( Then it becomes problematic (Driver's License will expire and I won't be able to renew it unless USCIS stamps my passport with an extension to my GC status... and at that I'll have to pay full price again - 4 year driver's license that's only good for a few months. Did that already earlier this year. Not a huge amount but it's also the pain in the behind because GA has strict new rules about renewing licenses one has to jump through all kinds of hoops. I've done it once already, I don't mind that I'll have to do it once again when I become a citizen, but I'm hoping NOT to have to do it again in the interim.

I'd hoped to vote this year too but that ship sailed weeks ago. No last-minute registration in GA. Last Tuesday was the last day, so that's not going to happen for me this time. Next time for sure! :)

Jinny,
Thanks for your response...
Do you know that how long do they take to have the oath ceremony if it is not done on the same day?
Or do you know that how is it going to progress from now on...!

People tend to receive their oath letter within two weeks to one month from the date of interview.

I hope your wife gets her letter soon.

Jinny,
Thank you for sharing the information. IO took her cell number at the end. Probably IO might give a call if he finds any oath ceremony in a short time.

People tend to receive their oath letter within two weeks to one month from the date of interview.

I hope your wife gets her letter soon.

Great news!!!! I am still in awe after all this time waiting. I just got a text that my case was updated and checking my status online, the message now reads: "On October 22, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview." So it looks that I am finally scheduled for an interview! Now just have to wait few days to get the letter and see what the date of the interview is. I am so excited that my case is moving again. So there is hope for us all - any update from you Grasshpr or Needadvice71?

my updated timeline:

New York City DO

06/04/12 Mailed N-400
06/08/12 PD
06/12/12 Email/text confirmation of receipt
06/16/12 NA received
06/30/12 FP letter received
07/23/12 FP done
08/03/12 case status changed to "in line for interview"
09/17/12 YL received
10/22/12 text/case status changed to "scheduled for interview "

Thanks Grasshopr! I could not believe my eyes when I saw the text after checking many many times each day for the last three months. Don't worry about that guy on the other forum, he will start checking his mail every day and writing about it too once he waits as long as we are (his timeline indicates he thinks that he will get the IL letter within 1month, and as he is based in NYC like I, that is highly unlikely, as it took me almost 3 months).
I will post an update as soon as I get the IL with the date. Now of course I will worry about not getting the oath and passport done in time before my Xmas vacation plans but I will deal with that later. Right now I am just so happy about getting my case scheduled for interview. Finally!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh thanks. He back-pedaled a bit when he realized he was in the June thread, not the July one ;) I'm just going to leave it alone - no need for aggro, we have enough already with the wait!

I signed up for email/text alerts after I was placed in line... web status hasn't changed, no texts/emails received. However, many have reported no notification or change in online status, that's why I'm keeping an eye on the snail mail box. Nothing today.

My 90 days in line is up a week from now, so if there's nothing this week, I'll call. I called August 31 (then the message was if nothing in 30 days...), nobody ever got back to me.

My biggest concern is that my driver's license will expire in early January when my GC does too. And here in GA I won't be able to renew without something to show I'm here legally.

That and a relative back home has some health issues and I may need to go and tend to that. I can't leave it all on my sibling, who is taking the 'first shift' on that.

So yeah, I'm a bit edgy, a bit impatient... with reasons... hoping things move along soon.

After reading your post I am confused, are referring to same day oath?