June 2012 N-400 Tracker

Finally Done

Finally, it's all over for me!! The whole process from start to finish took about 3.5 months for me. I had interview and same day oath at Newark, NJ yesterday.

The interview itself was a breeze. They didn't ask me for any documents beyond my interview notice, passport, green card, and driver's license. In other words, they didn't ask for tax docs etc. The officer who interviewed me was very professional.

However, the wait during the day was excruciating. Interview appointment was at 8:10 - reached at 7:30 - was called for interview at 9:45. The interview was over by 10:00 or so. Then I was asked to wait. Finally at 2:00, they called me to return the green card and sign the naturalization certificate, and was administered the oath around 3:00 pm. The ceremony was over around 3:30-3:45. In any event, despite the somewhat boring and tiring wait, glad that it was all done in one day - same day oath at Newark is a big plus.

P.S. A tip for waiting at the Newark, DO - although they don't allow you to make or receive calls, browsing on smartphone or ipad etc. appeared to be fine. The cafe is on the 2nd floor.

Yes, Yesterday I become US Citizen...

malia, I guess you are a USC now. Congratulations!

uspf, & all my fellow members, yesterday, I had my Oath and become US Citizen. Though my GC journey was long, my citizenship journey was very small - around 3 months.

Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs. Special thanks to - Rajiv Khanna & all his team members.

Good luck to all of you, especially uspf...hope your security issue will get resolved soon and you will also be US citizen very soon.

Good luck to all of you, especially uspf...hope your security issue will get resolved soon and you will also be US citizen very soon.

received text status update this afternoon: scheduled for interview:) hope the interview goes smooth and without any problems

Good Luck uspf...you will be there one day!!

received text status update this afternoon: scheduled for interview:) hope the interview goes smooth and without any problems

Good Luck uspf...you will be there one day!!

uspf, & all my fellow members, yesterday, I had my Oath and become US Citizen. Though my GC journey was long, my citizenship journey was very small - around 3 months.

Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs. Special thanks to - Rajiv Khanna & all his team members.

Congratulations!!!
Can you share some of the experience you have at the interview?

Details regarding N400 interview & interview at Oath time...

Congratulations!!!
Can you share some of the experience you have at the interview?

MavinDallas, in this thread, pl see my post on Aug 23 for my N400 interview experience. Lady officer who took my interview was very cool & interview lasted for 10-15 minutes.

As far as interview at Oath time, basically its not a interview at all. Actually, USCIS will send you a questionnaire (5-6 questions) along Oath letter. Questions like - have you done any crime after N400 interview, have you been arrested after N400 interview, did you married/divorced after N400 interview etc...and for most of the people answers are "NO". Officers at Oath time will just look at this questionnaire to ensure that all questions are answered NO and if you have answered "Yes" then you have to produce supporting document, that's all...!! Actually its NOT interview, but its just confirmation that you have NOT committed any crime between N400 interview & Oath.

Also, pl carry GC, EAD's & Advance Parole etc while attending Oath ceremony because legally you have to surrender them. fyi...officer took my GC & all EAD's and gave me back ALL my Advance paroles.

Hope this helps!

Yep, we wait. No mail today... Columbus Day. Not sure if government offices are open or not (I suspect not LOL)... so maybe tomorrow. YL was dated 11 days ago... some say IL came 2 weeks later (others say don't hold my breath LOL!) No changes, no text updates... so I'm just continuing to sit tight and wait.

Glad to see so many June filers are finished their journey or have the end in sight. I'm a tiny bit jealous :) Heck even some July filers are done now too. But... it will happen in its time, just like everything else.

Yep, we wait. No mail today... Columbus Day. Not sure if government offices are open or not (I suspect not LOL)... so maybe tomorrow. YL was dated 11 days ago... some say IL came 2 weeks later (others say don't hold my breath LOL!) No changes, no text updates... so I'm just continuing to sit tight and wait.

Glad to see so many June filers are finished their journey or have the end in sight. I'm a tiny bit jealous :) Heck even some July filers are done now too. But... it will happen in its time, just like everything else.
You will be ok, sit tight or loose, things will happen when the time is right. just don't think about it too much. I remember when i had to wait for my citizenship, i was crazy about it, calling, checking online, on the forums 24x7 :), but at the end, when you forget about it, it will come happily crawling to your feet :)

Anyone know about when Oath ceremonies are being scheduled in San Jose DO? I had my interview on 10/1. From 10/2 they had same day oath's at the DO but I was not the lucky one. I was told that I will be scheduled for an Oath cermemony towards the end of this month.

Anyone have any experience on when the oath ceremony is schedules in Campbell (SJ DO)?

Thanks

You will be ok, sit tight or loose, things will happen when the time is right. just don't think about it too much. I remember when i had to wait for my citizenship, i was crazy about it, calling, checking online, on the forums 24x7 :), but at the end, when you forget about it, it will come happily crawling to your feet :)

That's always the way, isn't it? ;) I called once... never got a call back. I'm keeping an eye on things but trying not to drive myself crazy with it. Hopefully things will move along soon. I got a YL a week ago. Seems like the wait between FP and IL is the worst of it and that is where I've been since the end of July.

Grashoppr, you are not alone. I am still waiting as well. Still no change for me either, since being put in line for scheduling on August 3 (with filing on June 4). It's been over 2 months now for me since August 3 status change of being put in line for scheduling. Let us hope this week will be the week we get the IL letter!!

An update: Interview Passed today

My spouse case.

GC-EB1EA-Dependent-August 2007
06/11/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ (Day 0)
06/12/12: Package delivered (Day 1)
06/14/12: Received and routed to NBC (Email notification) (Day 3)
06/16/12: NOA Received (Day 5)
06/19/12: FP notice sent (Day 8)
06/23/12: FP notice Recd. for July 13 (Day 12)
07/06/12: FP done (Day 25)
07/30/12: In line for Interview Scheduling (Day 49)
09/04/12: Interview Scheduled (Day 84)
10/09/12: Interview Passed (Day 118)

Grashoppr, you are not alone. I am still waiting as well. Still no change for me either, since being put in line for scheduling on August 3 (with filing on June 4). It's been over 2 months now for me since August 3 status change of being put in line for scheduling. Let us hope this week will be the week we get the IL letter!!
Did you apply based on the -90 day rule?

Yes, I did. But by now, I have fully reached the 5yr requirement and more (applying on the 5yr basis). The 5yr term was reached as of 09/01. I also read in other posts that it makes no difference, either way, that is irrelevant now in my case.

Nothing in mail yesterday....Needadvice71, anything on your front?

No updates from me Athena3. Still waiting. By looking at some of the other posts in trackitt looks like they are processing IL's mostly around mid-month for NYC DO with a few exceptions. So I am hoping this week we will hear something.

Hoping so. My YL was dated 2 weeks ago today. It was mailed the next day and arrived on a Monday. I have signed up for text/email updates but I've had no update to my case since I signed up so I'm not even sure the messages will come through. I'm also not trusting the online updates on the website since many who have taken their oath still show online as "in line".

Looking at the Trackitt site, nobody in my DO (Atlanta) has received an IL since mid September, and the last of the people actually scheduled, goes today. I follow 3 sites and I haven't noticed anyone in my DO with an interview pending except that one person today (I may have missed somebody though... easy to filter on the Trackitt site).

ILs seem to come out in bunches, so I'm hoping I'm in the next bunch... whenever that may be :)