June 2012 N-400 Tracker

Can you provide a link to where this information is?

Clio - I missed your question before - sorry.

If you go to the USCIS website to check your case status, enter your receipt number and it gives you YOUR case status. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, there are drop-down boxes to select the form type and district office and it will give you stats as of, I believe, July 30th. It shows national goal, national average and the average of your selected DO. Right now the national average is 5.1 months. Goal is 5 months. My DO is still showing as 5 months but lots of people on the trackers are taking longer than that. A few take less - I guess somehow they come out with an "average" of 5 months.

Athena - somebody on another forum I visit, also had their time frame change to 90 days. Maybe it's something they did across the board? Probably getting too many calls LOL!

Yay!! Schedule for Interview!!

06/08/2012 - N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX (DO - Irving, TX)
06/11/2012 - N 400 received
06/14/2012 - Checks cashed
06/23/2012 - Finger print letter received
06/25/2012 - Finger printing done (walk in)
09/18/2012 - Online Status changed to in line for interview
09/20/2012 - Schedule for Interview
XX/XX/2012 - Interview letter received
XX/XX/2012 - Interview done -
XX/XX/2012 - Oath letter -
XX/XX/2012 - Oath done -

Yay!! Schedule for Interview!!

09/20/2012 - Schedule for Interview
XX/XX/2012 - Oath done -

Congratulations!

Finally changed to line for interview!

Sooooooooooo HAPPY! :)

XX/XX/2012 - Oath done -

Hello jinny6061, can I know your 5th anniversary day? Thanks.

jinny6061- Congratulations, that's wonderful. I am still "in line for interview scheduling"..... Did your status changed on the system or you got a text or email? I filed June 4 with priority date June 8 and have been "in line" since August 3. Still nothing... Of course my DO is NYC too so that probably does not help.

Grasshpr - yeah, they were probably flooded with our calls and were unable to make the 30 days period, so I wouldn't be suprised if they changed it for all to 90. People might not even notice, i went back to doublehcheck after I read your email on this. Any update on your end? Still nothing here...

Nope, no news here. Haven't been home to check the mail today, but my mail carrier is watching for it for me and she'd drop it by my office if it was here (same carrier for both home/work). She knows I'm eager :)

A lot of people have remarked that the 30-day thing has changed to 90 so I think that's pretty much across the board for anybody in the queue. Hopefully that 90 days gives them ample time to get us all scheduled before the calls come in again :) I never heard anything back from my phone inquiry on Aug. 31st.

candice94506- I became Permanent Resident on 02/01/2007.
It already passed 5 years.
Hope this help!

Last edited by a moderator:
jinny6061- Congratulations, that's wonderful. I am still "in line for interview scheduling"..... Did your status changed on the system or you got a text or email? I filed June 4 with priority date June 8 and have been "in line" since August 3. Still nothing... Of course my DO is NYC too so that probably does not help.

Grasshpr - yeah, they were probably flooded with our calls and were unable to make the 30 days period, so I wouldn't be suprised if they changed it for all to 90. People might not even notice, i went back to doublehcheck after I read your email on this. Any update on your end? Still nothing here...

I got text message from USCIS but no email. It was strange. Checked online and it changed to Schedule for Interview.

The website lags sometimes. Congratulations - you will probably have your letter in hand in a few days.

Someone on another site checked their status and it still has the 30 day stipulation (not sure of their DO)... so my blanket "90-days" theory went out the window :(

Hi Jinny6061,

Finally status changed twice last evening
1st - In line for interview
2nd - Schedule for Interview.

Congratulations haki! I am still waiting... it's frustrating..

Grasshopr, I would think the 90 day change would be accross the boards. so that is strange some people still have 30. maybe they only changed it for some really busy cities or the change just hasn't kicked in yet for others in the message. who knows.

New York City DO

06/04/12 Mailed N-400
06/08/12 PD
06/12/12 Email/text confirmation of receipt
06/16/12 NA received
06/30/12 FP letter received
07/23/12 FP done
08/03/12 in line for interview
09/17/12 YL received

Finally changed to line for interview!

Sooooooooooo HAPPY! :)

XX/XX/2012 - Oath done -
Where did you did the walkin FP, I remember when i lived in Plano the Garland support center has some nasty ppl who would not allow you to walk in for nothing!!

Fort Worth

Where did you did the walkin FP, I remember when i lived in Plano the Garland support center has some nasty ppl who would not allow you to walk in for nothing!!

I went to Fort Worth location since I live in Lewisville. They did not even look at the date on the letter.

Maybe I was lucky :)

Congratulations haki! I am still waiting... it's frustrating..

Grasshopr, I would think the 90 day change would be accross the boards. so that is strange some people still have 30. maybe they only changed it for some really busy cities or the change just hasn't kicked in yet for others in the message. who knows.

That's what I'm thinking - it's one or the other. I was out of town for a few days on business (to think a month or so ago I was actually worried that my interview would conflict with this business trip LOL!) Was hoping that there would be an interview letter in the stack of bills when I got home. I made a funny.

Still waiting here... but there's always tomorrow :)

N400 Delays in NYC?

Anyone out there applied from NYC(Manhattan) in June? It's been almost 2 months since I received a mail/text saying I was placed in line for interview and I have the email asking to call an 800 number if I don't receive anything within 30 days. I called today and now they are asking to call back again if it's been 90 days. They also gave me an email address I could send a message. I have a friend who applied a week after I did from Washington DC and he already received his letter and going in interview second week of October. I am debating whether I should send the email. Any advice anyone can give?

06/04/2012 - N-400 mailed to Dallas,TX (DO-NYC-Manhattan)
06/06/2012 - N-400 received
06/11/2012 - Check cashed
07/20/2012 - Finger Printing Done
08/03/2012 - Online Status changed to in line for interview

Anyone out there applied from NYC(Manhattan) in June? It's been almost 2 months since I received a mail/text saying I was placed in line for interview and I have the email asking to call an 800 number if I don't receive anything within 30 days. I called today and now they are asking to call back again if it's been 90 days. They also gave me an email address I could send a message. I have a friend who applied a week after I did from Washington DC and he already received his letter and going in interview second week of October. I am debating whether I should send the email. Any advice anyone can give?

06/04/2012 - N-400 mailed to Dallas,TX (DO-NYC-Manhattan)
06/06/2012 - N-400 received
06/11/2012 - Check cashed
07/20/2012 - Finger Printing Done
08/03/2012 - Online Status changed to in line for interview

needadvice71 - I am in the exact same boat as you are. I also applied from Manhattan and have been stuck in line for interview scheduling since August 3. Actually my timeline is almost exactly the same as yours. So you are not alone! Makes me feel better that it's not just me. But it is still frustrating when you see others who filed later in other DO and are already having interviews or even oaths. I actually called them right after my 30 days expired after August 3 and first was told just to wait. I called again September 12 and they put in the request for update or something like that and I am supposed to hear back within 15 days which is about to expire tomorrow. I am not sure what to do next either. Calling them does not seem to get us anywhere. And yes, my message now on the status check window has changed from 30 to 90 days as well. I guess we just have to wait??

New York City DO

06/04/12 Mailed N-400
06/08/12 PD
06/16/12 NA received
07/23/12 FP done
09/17/12 YL received

Thanks Athena3. I noticed the last entry on your timeline "09/17/12 YL received" what is YL? I guess you are a step ahead of me as I have not received anything since August 3rd. I emailed them today and waiting for an answer. Not very hopeful I will get something positive tough. Will keep you posted.

needadvice71 - I am in the exact same boat as you are. I also applied from Manhattan and have been stuck in line for interview scheduling since August 3. Actually my timeline is almost exactly the same as yours. So you are not alone! Makes me feel better that it's not just me. But it is still frustrating when you see others who filed later in other DO and are already having interviews or even oaths. I actually called them right after my 30 days expired after August 3 and first was told just to wait. I called again September 12 and they put in the request for update or something like that and I am supposed to hear back within 15 days which is about to expire tomorrow. I am not sure what to do next either. Calling them does not seem to get us anywhere. And yes, my message now on the status check window has changed from 30 to 90 days as well. I guess we just have to wait??

New York City DO

06/04/12 Mailed N-400
06/08/12 PD
06/16/12 NA received
07/23/12 FP done
09/17/12 YL received

needadvice71 - YL stands for the Yellow Letter. Didn't know about it at first either but read about it here on the forum. It's just a letter on a yellow colored paper (hence "YL") telling you that you need to bring your driver ID to the interview. Based on the forum here, getting the YL has nothing to do with being scheduled for the interview and it's completelly unrelated. I am not even sure if everybody gets them. Seem like pro-forma only. Let me know if you hear back on the email. I might try calling them tomorrow since tomorrow is the 15th day from the request for update that they were supposed to respond to, and will keep you updated as well (though, i think Grasshoppr said they never got back to him on his request for update). Keep checking my email/cell/website , maybe something will come!