June 2011 Filers

Pandya the only reason I emphasize about making copies again is to avoid having to give them original documents that are hard to replace. Like if they lost the copy of a foreign birth certificate . We all know how hard it is and time consuming to get a new birth certificate overseas.Some countries you need to be there in person to get them .

Just be patient/stay busy and wait for the RFE you will be ok ,try not too stress although I know thats hard to do . GL

I will try again next Thursday. Go to the DMV office at 8:00 am when they open and stay there until I get my DL.

I would suggest you get a State ID card from the state you are in then. It looks just like a drivers license. I know people who dont have drivers licenses have them. In Indiana it looked exactly like the DL and it said State ID. In Indiana they were issued at the same place as the Drivers license. Something to think about.

Congratulations,Morty! I am happy for you. And you were so worried!:)
My interview is on September 20th.I am nervous too,but I'll manage to control it.
I will go to the DMV office again Thursday of next week. I am sure I'll get my DL then.

Velvet , today I went to my interview and also didn't have any state ID beside EAD card. I show it to the officer -not a problem , but the inspector ask me for another "photo identification with picture" so I showed my passport.

I'm not that good in explanations so I may be short-taller :)))
12:30pm was my appointment, we entered the building 12:15pm. We went with our lawyer, she left the IL and I think they called the names by who first come. The actual interview was about 30 min. It started with oath after that interviewer goes with a question from the papers like "whats my name; address; phone; SSN" , she continue with yes/no Q with me. After that she was following with specific questions about our relationship - How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together? When we decide to married? If my parents approved the marriage? If they(parents) communicate with my husband?
About my J1 to F1 status: The name of the school, When I stopped going to the school (before 6 months, which i thing its going to be a problem).... She ask about the wedding and we said it was just me and him, no witnesses, and we said that we plan to held one when we decide. All the time we complete our sentences, probably that's helped. So my husband made some mistake like which month we met (but he is going to have problems for that later ;) How he could!!!) Probably I missed some of the questions , but you guys got the picture.
So then she ask for some more evidence , then she check and keep some of the pictures; Bank statement -showing both names; the new apartment lease. Here comes some more questions about the picture: Do we have a dog? Who kids is that? About the bank statement when did he add me (He got that wrong, too).
Then with very plain and strait eyes interviewer told me that were everything what she needs, and in 2 weeks they may contact me for more evidence or in a month I may receive the actual card.
I asked her If she can stamp my passport because my husband in 3 weeks is going out of the country, so i want to go with him :). Of course she refused , but she told me when I have an approval notice I can have InfoPass and they will stamp it for me. But she advice me do NOT leave US without GC or stamp. Interviewer kept my I-94, but not the EAD.
So that was it!
PP. Two hours later I receive e-mail/sms Approval notice on my I-485 and that the card is ordered.

Thats the actual text if interested!!!
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 25, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Good luck to everyone!!! I can see June people moving so quick, Its a lucky month :)

Thanks ananga73, sfbay1 and morty...and all who wished well for me. I want to say that this forum helped me a lot. I wish all of you get your GC/citizenship(our next task after removal of condition) without any trouble. If you have question as always post it and I'll try to answer it for you if I can.

Congratulations to everyone!! I am so happy for you all. I am patiently waiting on the interview letter, still. But I know it'll be coming soon :)

@matt I had a plan in mind to give all originals because I carried lots of documents and if I make copy of them that will be double weight!! The only thing went wrong was I had impression that I sent copy of my insurance papers along with my application and when I checked there it was not!! then I realize that I didn't send copies but it was too late...what I am thinking is insurance paper is not a big deal to receive RFE but hey you never know!

@2much2handle Thanks for your support. Good luck to you and don't worry about name bills however if you ever paid any bill with card or check under your name get copies of that statement/check. Do you have kid(s)? if answer to that is yes...just relax for you it will be like going in and out!! if answer to that is no...even then relax because as matt said genuine couples don't have any problem.

Thanks for your support! Actually, we have not one, but TWO kids :D Hope it will help with the process just like you said.

Card production ordered!! finally ;-) thanks all...

Wow, CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you!

2much2handle you will be ok don't worry i too did not have any bills in my name .This will be the longesssttt weekend of waiting for you lol... I know the feeling . Just make sure we get first news on monday of the good news. good luck

Thank you! Yup, it will be the longest weekend for me, but I'll try to keep myself busy ;) And I will make sure to write an update here as soon as I get home. My interview is scheduled at 2pm so it will take some time before I appear here (hopefully with the good news ;) )

Congrats! I'm sure you're one of the fastest from start to finish, 67 days!

And who would think that NYC is so fast! ;) I would expect it to be much longer :)

I have been waiting a long time for this.

I GOT MY GREEN CARD !!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wooo-hooo!!! Congratulations matt1256!!! The first "real" green card on our thread - how exciting!!! And I see in your signature that it took them only 10 days to send it to you - hope it will be also so fast in my case :)

2much2handle take the kids with you to the interview ,i took mine with me cause i want them to be part of the whole process.

FYI up to now my case status on-line for 485 went from card production to post decision activity and the case status for the 130 is still not found even after i received the green card lmao......

just so you all don't stress over no updates on-line

It's almost monday 2much2handle :p

2much2handle take the kids with you to the interview ,i took mine with me cause i want them to be part of the whole process.

How old are your kids? Mine are pretty young - 4 y.o. & almost 2 y.o. I'm afraid they would be too much of a distruction and I'm afraid we would have problems with the interview because of that... Plus, it will be their nap time so it can really be a disaster! LOL

FYI up to now my case status on-line for 485 went from card production to post decision activity and the case status for the 130 is still not found even after i received the green card lmao......

just so you all don't stress over no updates on-line

It's almost monday 2much2handle :p

I know! It's almost my day... I'm trying to kill my time the best I can, but can't stop thinking about the interview.

ThePandya, how are you doing over there in the NYC? Hope everything is well and hope that hurricane will not be that bad... although I have couple friends from NYC who are spending the weekend somewhere else just to escape.

Mine are 10 & 11 I took them cause they understand whats going on and wanted to go through the journey together.

If you can take someone with you to sit with them in waiting room at least your IO will get to see them there when they come out to get you .

Cause in Philly what I saw was that each IO handle specific cases it was not a first come first serve basis .They all came out on their own to call their next appointments .

Having them there just may speed up your interview but of course that's just my opinion .

Good luck with the interview on Monday!
Don't be nervous! Everything will be just fine.:)
Tell us how it went.

How old are your kids? Mine are pretty young - 4 y.o. & almost 2 y.o. I'm afraid they would be too much of a distruction and I'm afraid we would have problems with the interview because of that... Plus, it will be their nap time so it can really be a disaster! LOL

I know! It's almost my day... I'm trying to kill my time the best I can, but can't stop thinking about the interview.

ThePandya, how are you doing over there in the NYC? Hope everything is well and hope that hurricane will not be that bad... although I have couple friends from NYC who are spending the weekend somewhere else just to escape.

Mine are 10 & 11 I took them cause they understand whats going on and wanted to go through the journey together.

If you can take someone with you to sit with them in waiting room at least your IO will get to see them there when they come out to get you .

Cause in Philly what I saw was that each IO handle specific cases it was not a first come first serve basis .They all came out on their own to call their next appointments .

Having them there just may speed up your interview but of course that's just my opinion .

matt1256, thanks for your advice! If my kids were just a little bit older, then maybe I would consider taking them with us. Your children are old enough to understand what's going on and can behave appropriately. My little angels tend to get upset very fast if something is boring + like I mentioned before, our interview is scheduled at 2pm which is my children's nap time, so it can be a recipe for disaster. Also, I've heard that very often people have to wait for their interview even couple hours and I can't imagine to have my kids there in case we'll have to wait an extra hour or even longer. I think I've read on the notice that I should bring only those people to the USCIS building who are assisting me with the actual interview (like my husband). Anyway, I think I'll leave my children at home ;)

Good luck with the interview on Monday!
Don't be nervous! Everything will be just fine.:)
Tell us how it went.

Thank you, velvet tuberose! :) I will keep you guys posted :)

@2much2handle....Try to bring your kids it will make a big difference(if possible). Good luck and congrats in advance as I might not be able to come online coz of Irene(I don't know her ;-D).
@matt Thanks for asking, I live inside safe zone so I am not going anywhere. Will stay indoors and if electricity is on will be on this forum...however I have prepared heavily just like any New Yorker or I'll say just like any person who has AOS interview!!!

Good luck to all going for interview and thanks all for your good wishes.