June 2011 Filers

Do not worry about the amount in the account. 50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. What is important is that both your names are on the account AND it is showing some activity of deposits and withdrawals. If possible direct deposit from your jobs , but if not possible that is also fine.
So far as you satisfied the conditions of I-864 [Affidavit of support], it doesn’t matter even if your account has a zero balance

Thank you for your answer! I hope you are right. It looks like it can go either way though :-/

Just got an email alert that my I-485 has been moved to "testing and interview" , and they have send a letter to me. Interview on 21st September.

Thanks everyone for the support and good luck to all.

Waiting for EAD approval now,

Thanks

Received the EAD and AP combo card today. It's almost a waste since it's only 10 days away from GC interview on 08/29. To make it more useful, I am gonna use it to renew my driver license next week before i turn it in at interview. :)

Congrats!

HI guys!
Wanted to share my interview experience with you!
I filed everything on June 13, 2011. My interview was August 17, a few days ago. So, the appointment was at 9.45am, we got there like an hour earlier. When we got to the waiting area I noticed that all couples were separated and the citizens went in first. Around 10am we were called in, and we went together(we were ready to go separately:)).The officer was a middle age guy, was very serious, but very professional. He asked us for my passport and took my I-94 right away( I am the applicant) and for the ID for my husband, confirmed the address where we live. Then he asked how we met, Went through all the forms really fast. Then we asked for a everyday pictures, looked through everything, but didn't ask any questions. After that he asked about a joint account, I was taking the paperwork from my folder, but he just asked my husband how much was on the account, and he didn't even take a look at the statements. Then we stated chatting about how I am trying to get my husband eating healthy as that's what I am studying for. Then he asked where we stayed this night, we told him funny stories that happened at the hotel. At this moment the atmosphere changed and we talked more about random stuff. He just told me that I am getting my card in 2 weeks, asked if I have any questions, and that was it! It took like 10 minutes!Everything was really fast and pleasant! The officer was really nice!I noticed though that the couples they separated before us were in the offices behind the glass doors, while we were taken to one of the cubicles, and at the area where the cubicles were, there were almost no people!
So, we got approved, we took 3 huge folders of stuff, 2 photo albums, a box with cards, wedding invitations, gifts from my husband! But we were not asked for anything except for the Joint account. And when the officer was asking questions(which he wasn't addressing me or my husband) we were answering together, we were just ending each other's sentences. Which I think helped us a lot. So, guys, don't be afraid of the interviews!
And I wanted to say thank you everybody for your help and answers! I love this forum, I did the whole process by myself, no lawyers, no friends' help, as nobody has experience. I just used this forum. Thank you all!!!
And I wish everybody luck, as a lot of June filers' interviews are coming soon!
Thanks!!!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your interview experience with us! I have a question for you - am I understanding correctly that you were asked about your husband's SAVINGS? This was my question on the previous page of this thread and it is my concern - my husband and I have a joint account, but we do not have any savings basically because of having to pay for my school high rates for the past 6 years, which didn't allow us to save. Now I am afraid that this may be an issue for us :confused:

I swear he didn't even pay attention to the amount of money on the account, he just need to see his reaction if he was aware of the amount that was on the joint account, we had there around $1,000 only. And he didn't even take a look at the paperwork. I am sure the officer will understand your situation, just be honest.

I swear he didn't even pay attention to the amount of money on the account, he just need to see his reaction if he was aware of the amount that was on the joint account, we had there around $1,000 only. And he didn't even take a look at the paperwork. I am sure the officer will understand your situation, just be honest.

Whew! Thanks a lot for your answer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to make sure that I am safe. And you are right - being honest is the most important thing. Thanks again!

Won't that be even more wasteful ;)since then they will give you a driver license which expires in one year [expiry date of the EAD] instead of one which expires in five years if you take your green card instead?

My DL expires on 08/30, one day after the interview day. So I have to renew it now even if it expires in just one year. But I think the expiration date for DL will be different. :p

It's great to read everybody's posts. looking forward to reading more interview experiences and hearing more good news. Good luck to everyone! :)

Waiting for EAD after AP got approved

I recieved my IL letter yesterday...
However i am still waiting for my EAD....
My AP was approved on 11th August, FP was done on 10th Aug,
is anyone aware the approx time taken between AP approval and EAD documents ordered?

Hopefully it comes soooner than latter.

Goodluck all!!!!
thanks

Hello, everyone!
I have sent my I-130, I-485 and I-765 this morning via USPS priority mail. The lady from the post office told me that the package will be arriving at Chicago lockbox on Monday.
The waiting game has begun. Patience, patience and patience...
:)

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.

That was really quick I send mine at the end of Feb. 2011 and They haven't make their decision yet. They send a letter to give them more proof of my marriage. I send it 2 weeks ago. I hope to get a response soon.

congrat!!!

Anna, thanks for sharing your experience with us,it really help calming our frail nerve. pls which country embassy is that.

Nattacs,
Why haven't they made a decision yet? Do you have a complicated situation?

That was really quick I send mine at the end of Feb. 2011 and They haven't make their decision yet. They send a letter to give them more proof of my marriage. I send it 2 weeks ago. I hope to get a response soon.

Hello, everybody!
I hope all is well with the big family of June filers.
I have a question:
What happens if I don't get the driver license on time for the interview?
The green card interview is scheduled for September 20th.

Hello, everybody!
I hope all is well with the big family of June filers.
I have a question:

I would suggest you get a State ID card from the state you are in then. It looks just like a drivers license. I know people who dont have drivers licenses have them. In Indiana it looked exactly like the DL and it said State ID. In Indiana they were issued at the same place as the Drivers license. Something to think about.

Velvet , today I went to my interview and also didn't have any state ID beside EAD card. I show it to the officer -not a problem , but the inspector ask me for another "photo identification with picture" so I showed my passport.
I have a question:

I'm not that good in explanations so I may be short-taller :)))
12:30pm was my appointment, we entered the building 12:15pm. We went with our lawyer, she left the IL and I think they called the names by who first come. The actual interview was about 30 min. It started with oath after that interviewer goes with a question from the papers like "whats my name; address; phone; SSN" , she continue with yes/no Q with me. After that she was following with specific questions about our relationship - How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together? When we decide to married? If my parents approved the marriage? If they(parents) communicate with my husband?
About my J1 to F1 status: The name of the school, When I stopped going to the school (before 6 months, which i thing its going to be a problem).... She ask about the wedding and we said it was just me and him, no witnesses, and we said that we plan to held one when we decide. All the time we complete our sentences, probably that's helped. So my husband made some mistake like which month we met (but he is going to have problems for that later ;) How he could!!!) Probably I missed some of the questions , but you guys got the picture.
So then she ask for some more evidence , then she check and keep some of the pictures; Bank statement -showing both names; the new apartment lease. Here comes some more questions about the picture: Do we have a dog? Who kids is that? About the bank statement when did he add me (He got that wrong, too).
Then with very plain and strait eyes interviewer told me that were everything what she needs, and in 2 weeks they may contact me for more evidence or in a month I may receive the actual card.
I asked her If she can stamp my passport because my husband in 3 weeks is going out of the country, so i want to go with him :). Of course she refused , but she told me when I have an approval notice I can have InfoPass and they will stamp it for me. But she advice me do NOT leave US without GC or stamp. Interviewer kept my I-94, but not the EAD.
So that was it!
PP. Two hours later I receive e-mail/sms Approval notice on my I-485 and that the card is ordered.

Thats the actual text if interested!!!
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 25, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Good luck to everyone!!! I can see June people moving so quick, Its a lucky month :)

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats morty! this is third GC of our june filers.(matt and anna) :) I hope 2much2handle and me will add two more next Monday. And Dantuin add another one next Tuesday! :)
Congrats to those who made progress and best wishes to those who is still waiting.
by the way, i went to DMV the day before. The lady didn't even ask for any additional document and renewed my DL. So, my EAD is a waste after all. :)

My interview today: we sworn in and IO asked for IDs, Passport>took I-94> naturalization certificate, asked me for address>asked me, my wife's full name, birth date and vise-versa, asked me date of marriage, asked for birth certificate, How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together? When/Why we decide to married? asked for joint bank account, lease, utility bills asked my wife what gift she gave me on my birth date(answer to that was HP touchpad!!),to both of us: how many brothers or sister you have? do you know them?(for my brother to her and for her sisters to me) Do you have health insurance? do have life insurance? asked for wedding pictures. Now only problem and lesson to learn from entire interview was she asked me for copies of stuff...like utility bills, bank statements etc. I didn't have it so I gave IO originals but only thing I couldn't give was insurance papers...
at the end IO wrote in my passport "section 245 interview 8/25/11 I 485 pending (signature of IO) CR6". IO told me that "if I need more documents you will receive a letter from USCIS,(also told me what was written in passport) whenever you'll receive your permanent resident card it will be under section CR6 because you married to USC"
CR6 is for conditional residence i.e. 2 years GC. So far there is no case update. I am wondering whats going on. I'll post updates as it happens.
People taking interview my advise bring copies of stuff you are bringing to show or give your originals! Good luck to all
@morty Congrats!!

congrats morty and good luck to the coming interviews 2much, sfbay and dantuin .

As a reminder bring copies again of documents so you don't give up originals as pandya had to .

Pandya sorry to hear about the unsure interview but stay positive and you will be ok.

Velvet , today I went to my interview and also didn't have any state ID beside EAD card. I show it to the officer -not a problem , but the inspector ask me for another "photo identification with picture" so I showed my passport.

I'm not that good in explanations so I may be short-taller :)))
12:30pm was my appointment, we entered the building 12:15pm. We went with our lawyer, she left the IL and I think they called the names by who first come. The actual interview was about 30 min. It started with oath after that interviewer goes with a question from the papers like "whats my name; address; phone; SSN" , she continue with yes/no Q with me. After that she was following with specific questions about our relationship - How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together? When we decide to married? If my parents approved the marriage? If they(parents) communicate with my husband?
About my J1 to F1 status: The name of the school, When I stopped going to the school (before 6 months, which i thing its going to be a problem).... She ask about the wedding and we said it was just me and him, no witnesses, and we said that we plan to held one when we decide. All the time we complete our sentences, probably that's helped. So my husband made some mistake like which month we met (but he is going to have problems for that later ;) How he could!!!) Probably I missed some of the questions , but you guys got the picture.
So then she ask for some more evidence , then she check and keep some of the pictures; Bank statement -showing both names; the new apartment lease. Here comes some more questions about the picture: Do we have a dog? Who kids is that? About the bank statement when did he add me (He got that wrong, too).
Then with very plain and strait eyes interviewer told me that were everything what she needs, and in 2 weeks they may contact me for more evidence or in a month I may receive the actual card.
I asked her If she can stamp my passport because my husband in 3 weeks is going out of the country, so i want to go with him :). Of course she refused , but she told me when I have an approval notice I can have InfoPass and they will stamp it for me. But she advice me do NOT leave US without GC or stamp. Interviewer kept my I-94, but not the EAD.
So that was it!
PP. Two hours later I receive e-mail/sms Approval notice on my I-485 and that the card is ordered.

Thats the actual text if interested!!!
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 25, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Good luck to everyone!!! I can see June people moving so quick, Its a lucky month :)

Congratulations! What a great news! :)

congrats morty! this is third GC of our june filers.(matt and anna) :) I hope 2much2handle and me will add two more next Monday. And Dantuin add another one next Tuesday! :)
Congrats to those who made progress and best wishes to those who is still waiting.
by the way, i went to DMV the day before. The lady didn't even ask for any additional document and renewed my DL. So, my EAD is a waste after all. :)

Thanks, sfbay1! Good luck to you on Monday and good luck to dantuin on Tuesday! That's great that you were able to renew your DL!

My interview today: we sworn in and IO asked for IDs, Passport>took I-94> naturalization certificate, asked me for address>asked me, my wife's full name, birth date and vise-versa, asked me date of marriage, asked for birth certificate, How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together? When/Why we decide to married? asked for joint bank account, lease, utility bills asked my wife what gift she gave me on my birth date(answer to that was HP touchpad!!),to both of us: how many brothers or sister you have? do you know them?(for my brother to her and for her sisters to me) Do you have health insurance? do have life insurance? asked for wedding pictures. Now only problem and lesson to learn from entire interview was she asked me for copies of stuff...like utility bills, bank statements etc. I didn't have it so I gave IO originals but only thing I couldn't give was insurance papers...
at the end IO wrote in my passport "section 245 interview 8/25/11 I 485 pending (signature of IO) CR6". IO told me that "if I need more documents you will receive a letter from USCIS,(also told me what was written in passport) whenever you'll receive your permanent resident card it will be under section CR6 because you married to USC"
CR6 is for conditional residence i.e. 2 years GC. So far there is no case update. I am wondering whats going on. I'll post updates as it happens.
People taking interview my advise bring copies of stuff you are bringing to show or give your originals! Good luck to all
@morty Congrats!!

First of all, congratulations! I'm sure everything will go well. Don't stress out too much, even though I know that it's almost impossible. You'll receive an update on your case any moment now and I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well. Keep us posted.

Guys, I'm so stressed about my interview on Monday... I wish it was Monday already and I had everything behind me... I'm reading that majority of people bring utility bills on both names to show as a proof of marriage. It turns out that we don't have ANY bills on both of our names - everything is on my husband's name and I hope it will not be a problem :confused:

@matt I had a plan in mind to give all originals because I carried lots of documents and if I make copy of them that will be double weight!! The only thing went wrong was I had impression that I sent copy of my insurance papers along with my application and when I checked there it was not!! then I realize that I didn't send copies but it was too late...what I am thinking is insurance paper is not a big deal to receive RFE but hey you never know!

@2much2handle Thanks for your support. Good luck to you and don't worry about name bills however if you ever paid any bill with card or check under your name get copies of that statement/check. Do you have kid(s)? if answer to that is yes...just relax for you it will be like going in and out!! if answer to that is no...even then relax because as matt said genuine couples don't have any problem.

2much2handle you will be ok don't worry i too did not have any bills in my name .This will be the longesssttt weekend of waiting for you lol... I know the feeling . Just make sure we get first news on monday of the good news. good luck