June 2011 Filers

@Pandya: Thanks!
@Matt: you are no.1 already. it's all the same to be no.2, no.3 or no.4... As long as we get the GC, it's all good. But of course, this contest thing will make it more fun. :) Let's all wish Dantuin will get hers approved soon! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dantuin stay positive you will get news soon. remember there is no definite time frame when it comes to USCIS .

Some are quick and some not so quick but your's is on the way .

Want to see all june filers signatures updated to GC received .

Hi guys! Thanks for checking on me.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to those who got approved, 2much2handle and sfbay1 I was hoping for the good news from you and I was right!!!! :D
My interview went well, however, we still didn’t get a straight answer whether approved or not, no emails/messages either :/
The officer was a nice lady, she started off by looking at our wedding album and gave compliments on how beautiful the album was and the flowers (we did our flowers ourselves for the wedding). Also asked who were the people in the pictures and we explained. Then she said to my hubby she’d start the interview with him, asked him his full name, parents’ names, his employer’s name. She made notes, asked us where we got married and how we met. Then went on giving me the I-485 questions, whether I’ve been arrested etc. Asked me if I had a 2 year rule on my J1, I wasn’t sure and suggested she checks what my visa says. While doing that, she was flipping through her paperwork kind of furiously, at the same time checking a list in front of her, crossing smth out. Finally, she asked if I we had any additional evidence to submit, we gave it to her. Then said that was all she has to ask us and we should hear from her within 120 days. If she needs anything she will let us know. She didn’t take my I-94.
So what do you think?

dantuin, congratulations on your interview! The most important part is that it's all done and now you just have to wait for the news. How long have you guys been married? It looks like USCIS gives a lot of trouble/confusion to those who have been married not too long (perhaps under 2 years?). With that being said, my husband and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and it is still not that long, but it seems like they were really easy on us. Anyway, I'm sure everything will be okay and you'll hear from them a good news soon! Keep us posted!
As far as taking I-94 goes - I have TWO of them (both have same number but first one says that I came as a visitor and after I changed my status from visitor to student, they sent me "new" I-94 saying that I'm an F1 student) and the officer DID NOT take them!!! I also read on this forum, that in most of the cases they take I-94, but it looks like it doesn't happen all the time. I even asked the officer if he wants my I-94 and he said "why? No!". So don't worry about that! They will take I-94 from you when you have your interview for the citizenship (that's what happened to my husband in May :) ) Good luck!!! You'll be fine!

right, right, I hope that ,too. Actually I check again I-864P and it says " ...Programs not included (under Means- Public Benefits) student assistant under Higher Education Act ..." I can say I'm glad that I'm not right about your case :) :)
2much2handle I hope I didn't confuse you!

LOL morty, you did confuse me! ;) But that's okay! Thanks again for being interested in my case ;)

So what do you think?
Congratulations because you will get your GC...At most by tomorrow evening you will have your case status updated because your approval file will be submitted to update status and I assume your interview was after 2pm, so it takes time. About I-94 I am not sure because mine was taken so everyone else's...but I guess its not a big deal. Just relax I had same thing as sfbay mentioned..however my interview was much smoother I mean no additional question/difficult questions asked. Let us know as your case has an update ;)

Now some of us have to work on one more thing...removal of condition :mad: and rest will have to work on N-400. why the hack immigration in here is so long and expensive?:confused:

Thank you all so much for your support!

@sfbay1: you are right, that is also what my husband tells me - I should relax and if people usually have their I-94 taken, it doesn't mean I should have the same, everyone's experience is different as IO's are different. :)

@matt1256: thanks ;)

@2much2handle: we have only been married for several months, congrats on your wedding anniversary and thank you :)

@ThePandya: Congratulations on your GC and thank you so much, you are right because our interview was at 2 pm. Your words cheer me up, I can't wait for tomorrow and see what happens!

I will keep you guys posted :)

Hi guys! Thanks for checking on me.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to those who got approved, 2much2handle and sfbay1 I was hoping for the good news from you and I was right!!!! :D
My interview went well, however, we still didn’t get a straight answer whether approved or not, no emails/messages either :/
The officer was a nice lady, she started off by looking at our wedding album and gave compliments on how beautiful the album was and the flowers (we did our flowers ourselves for the wedding). Also asked who were the people in the pictures and we explained. Then she said to my hubby she’d start the interview with him, asked him his full name, parents’ names, his employer’s name. She made notes, asked us where we got married and how we met. Then went on giving me the I-485 questions, whether I’ve been arrested etc. Asked me if I had a 2 year rule on my J1, I wasn’t sure and suggested she checks what my visa says. While doing that, she was flipping through her paperwork kind of furiously, at the same time checking a list in front of her, crossing smth out. Finally, she asked if I we had any additional evidence to submit, we gave it to her. Then said that was all she has to ask us and we should hear from her within 120 days. If she needs anything she will let us know. She didn’t take my I-94.
So what do you think?
Hi Dantuin,
I am also currently on a J1 visa and I did have a 2-year home stay rule after completion of my research. In order to apply for green card, I had to get a waiver for this rule from my home country and from the State department of USA. Please check whether you also need this. If yes, get started soon, because the whole process of getting the waiver takes months (depending on your home country). Hope you do not need this. Best Wishes.

Hi Dantuin,
I am also currently on a J1 visa and I did have a 2-year home stay rule after completion of my research. In order to apply for green card, I had to get a waiver for this rule from my home country and from the State department of USA. Please check whether you also need this. If yes, get started soon, because the whole process of getting the waiver takes months (depending on your home country). Hope you do not need this. Best Wishes.

Hi Dino117, I came to the US on J1 but it expired back in 2008, I got a one year extension - DS 2019 form, then in 2009 I switched to F1 and my I-20 will expire in 2012. I have never been out of status. Do I still have to worry about the waiver? I wasn't sure about 2 year rule when the IO asked because it's an old visa, I don't remember, I checked in my passport it doesn't have any remarks about 2 year rule. How do I find out if I'm the subject of the 2 year rule? Is it even relevant to me as I have been a student for several years now and was always in status? Thank you

Hi Dino117, I came to the US on J1 but it expired back in 2008, I got a one year extension - DS 2019 form, then in 2009 I switched to F1 and my I-20 will expire in 2012. I have never been out of status. Do I still have to worry about the waiver? I wasn't sure about 2 year rule when the IO asked because it's an old visa, I don't remember, I checked in my passport it doesn't have any remarks about 2 year rule. How do I find out if I'm the subject of the 2 year rule? Is it even relevant to me as I have been a student for several years now and was always in status? Thank you

Hi Dantuin,

Since you are currently on F1 visa, I think you should be OK. Check your DS2019 form....that's where it should be written if you are subject to 2 year home stay rule.

Hi Dantuin,

Since you are currently on F1 visa, I think you should be OK. Check your DS2019 form....that's where it should be written if you are subject to 2 year home stay rule.

I looked at DS-2019, it has two boxes: "Not subject to the two-year residence requirement" and "Subject to the two-year residence requirement".
Neither box is checked. The visa page in my passport also doesn't have any remarks. So I really don't know. I should have asked the IO....

I couldn't log in to the forum the whole morning... tried like 5 times - weird!
Anyway, I got my "welcome notice" today. I still can't believe that I'm a permanent resident!

Update: Card Production ordered one more time today;)

LOL, ThePandya, it is really weird, because the same thing happened to me today!!! My green card production was ordered right after the interview (I got a text message and e-mail) and then today, after reading your post (and not being able to respond) I got a text message saying that smth changed with my case status. So I checked my e-mail and it said that my card production was ordered today :-/ Now I'm wondering when they REALLY ordered it :-/

dantuin, how are you doing? I don't see any updates from you today. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

dantuin, how are you doing? I don't see any updates from you today. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

No news over here.. I wonder if it has to do with the two-year requirement because she asked about it and I couldn't provide an answer....

Dantuin, I checked my passport and found my I-94 was not taken away. So I-94 is not really a issue. Your GC approval has been delayed most likely because of this J1 thing. I think it'll be good idea to call an immigration attorney to figure out what you need to do. I hope everything will work fine. Please keep us posted.

@Pandya & 2much2handle: i got this same problem to logon or post. I got the same status update for card production. They usually send twice. I think the second one means they are mailing the card to us. So we shall be able to receive the card sometime next week, or maybe even earlier, like this Saturday.

@2much @sfbay It seems that all of us are doing fine or will do fine...Everyone wondering on their USCIS updates, I figured out so here is my analysis
First update card/document production means...your welcome notice is being printed(I got it on 9/1)
Second update card/document production means....Your GC is being printed
Third update status go back to post decision activity means...Your GC is mailed.(I have this update on 9/1)
Now some are receiving notice like your GC has been picked up or some are getting their welcome notice and GC together. It looks like none of us are getting these advanced notifications yet.

and @dantuin it seem that J1 issue is holding your file...so your choices are you contact attorney, you can wait, you can do infopass or look for some non-profit immigration agencies to help you. I have seen lot of non-profits in new york, for Baltimore check this one http://www.ioscbalt.org/ hope this will help. keep us posted.

Still no updates on my front... This is going to be a looooong ride. At least I'm eligible for an interim EAD now.

and @dantuin it seem that J1 issue is holding your file

Thanks Pandya but this makes no sense to me. Is USCIS going nuts? There is no issue with my J1. I am sure the officer perfectly knew whether I was the subject to the 2 year rule or not -it's in my file. She just wanted to see what I say. And I said that I don't know because it is true. So I wouldn't call it a problem with my J1 visa, rather lack of information on my side. Therefore, it can't cause the delay. Anyway, I am going to move on with my life and see what happens because I am so tired of worrying about this whole process. There are other things more important in life to worry about. I will update later.

My online status last activity was Post decision activity,after which the card just arrived. No USPS or card mailed update inlike the EAD wherein they actually posted when USPS picked it up.

So if you are in Post activity decision I would bet your card was already mailed out.I hope you all get em by Saturday .

Dantuin sometimes no news is good news so keep at it and stay positive. May just take em longer to double check your status and we all know that USCIS has issues talking within their own departments.

Hi all,
My interview was on August 31st. The interview went well. The officer asked us just a few questions and he asked for a copy of birth certificate on our baby. My husbnad had a DUI 7 years ago and the officer asked us if we can send him a copy of the ticket and also the court decision. We sent the requested papperwok the same day via FedEx for next day delivery. I was wondering how long it will take before the final decision is made? Anybody with the experience?

Hi guys!

Ok, so this is really weird. As you know, I got text and e-mail on August 29 (right after my interview) saying that my card production was ordered. Yesterday (September 1) I received the same text and e-mail saying that card production was ordered (again). Also, yesterday I received welcome notice in the regular mail. And today (September 2), just few minutes ago I received a text message saying that my case status was updated. So I went ahead and checked my e-mail, because all the previous times text message and e-mail were coming at the same time. But there is no e-mail. So I turned on computer and went to USCIS website to actually punch in my receipt number and see what's going on. And to my surprise my case status was updated today and it says that "On September 2, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. ". The thing is that I got the notice yesterday! Is it just delay in updating my case or what? :confused:
Also, my case is on Post Decision and not on Card Production even though it was ordered two times already :confused: What the heck? Any ideas?

dantuin, I agree - worrying will not be helpful. Just try to relax and you will hear from USCIS soon!

saywhat, why is it taking you so long to get your green card? :confused: Hopefully you'll hear something from USCIS soon.

mamabg, congrats on the interview!

matt1256, I just noticed your post! So it looks like everything should be fine with my case then... since I have the same "story" with case status as you. I guess I'll wait and see...