June 2011 Filers

Congratulations to you julia!

Just curious, which Service Center your case was processed? Mine is at MSC and EAD case "cannot be found" til now. I see u had RFE and from TX too, so Im trying to compare my timeline with yours. They got my packet June 30, so Im hoping and wishing i will get my EAD approved in 10-15 days.

Thanks! I am also at MSC, yes I had "cannot be found" for both Travel doc and EAD. Travel doc approval notice was sent out Aug 8th. I guess now that it's been approved it should take hopefully 10-15 days for card to arrive. Yes, just hang in there and you'll hear something soon.

Matt1256- congratulations!!

Thanks! I am also at MSC, yes I had "cannot be found" for both Travel doc and EAD. Travel doc approval notice was sent out Aug 8th. I guess now that it's been approved it should take hopefully 10-15 days for card to arrive. Yes, just hang in there and you'll hear something soon.

Alright, thank you. Hope my processing is going well.

Goodluck everybody!

I am traveling and may not be online for the next couple weeks. So I wanted to say Good luck to you guys who has their interviews scheduled and to everyone good luck with your cases.
@sfbay1, 2much2handle we have our interviews almost on the same day, I am back on the 29th and hope to come back to find that you have been greened!!!! ;)))) wish you guys the best! "May the Force be with you!!" :D

Update!!!!!!!!! Approved EAD was mailed out yesterday!! :) :)

Congratulations!!! :)

My interview is this Tuesday I can't wait to get it over with, so about 2 months +/- for actual interview .And a month after for the notice .

The Ead took 6 days going by there notices from card ordered to USPS pick up.

Hang in there everyone I know this are the longest and anxious filled months for us all and enjoy the journey .

1 more update for today EAD card received .....awesome

Congratulations and good luck on your interview! Don't forget to tell us how it went - I'm keeping my fingers crossed here, everything will be fine!

I am traveling and may not be online for the next couple weeks. So I wanted to say Good luck to you guys who has their interviews scheduled and to everyone good luck with your cases.
@sfbay1, 2much2handle we have our interviews almost on the same day, I am back on the 29th and hope to come back to find that you have been greened!!!! ;)))) wish you guys the best! "May the Force be with you!!" :D

Awwww, dantuin, thanks so much!!! Safe traveling to you and good luck on your interview as well (in case you will not be able to be on the thread before that)!

Hey guys without realizing that the 131 was for emergencies I applied and it was approved last week. Now does this mean that I can travel to my country of origin and come back into the US without a problem while I wait for interview?
Thanks!
Good luck to those with upcoming interviews, you will all do fine and be approved!!

Case status update:
Interview scheduled for September 20th, 2011. They have posted on my case status on the USCIS website that they have mailed me the interview letter.

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte or Raleigh( I am not sure yet)

day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.
day 57: 07/27/2011- fingerprints taken at Durham application support center
day 59:07/29/2011- EAD ordered; should be in the mail soon
day 67:08/06/2011- EAD received in the mail
day 76:08/15/2011- Interview scheduled for 09/20/2011.( here comes the real deal of the whole process-the interview).

finally received the interview letter on august 10th for September the 15th, but still no progress with my EAD :( Well one step at a time..

Are there any June filers from Los Angeles area who have received their interview letters already? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thanks, Morty.
Your interview letter will come soon.:)

Velvet my Interview date is less than 10 days, and already start to bite my nails :)Wish me luck! I hope do not be complicated because the both of us we have different mother tongue language than English.

wwooooooohooooo interview done and approved and IO said i will have my green card in 2 weeks tops...... ... thats the short version lol..

So my appt. was for 11:30 am i get there around 10 am {way too early} from what i saw each IO gets specific cases for that day and is not a random first come first serve basis. I saw a few people who came way after me get called in ahead and so forth.So i asked the receptionist and she explained that the system is as such that each IO handles cases to case basis.So after waiting 2.5 hrs we get called in finally.IO was very nice and friendly middle aged guy. he asked me a few basic questions name old addresses , my full name my wifes full name when we got married. The standard questions on the 485 about being a terrorist or a member od any etc. .The one question that i was sure to listen for was " did you ever misrepresent or lie about being a citizen to get a job ? " AND DEFINITE ANSWER TO THAT IS NO.Cause if I am not mistaken that is a ban waiting to happen .But he did ask the question and i answered no and it was very easy going.

All in all the intervieW took about ten minutes aNn in the middle of that he paused and looked at me and asked you see what I am doing? He was holding a stamp in his hand and he said I am approving your I130 right now and your 485 as well.I will put it in the computer as soon as you Leave and you will see an update today . And he asked if i have questions and if not we are all good to go.he walked as out and said good luck you will have your card in two weeks.

And as we were walking to the car parking garage I got the text for case updates. AWESOME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations matt1256. I bet you prepared your package very well and you had no complications with your status. glad to hear a positive story :) :) :)

Case status update:
Interview scheduled for September 20th, 2011. They have posted on my case status on the USCIS website that they have mailed me the interview letter.

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte or Raleigh( I am not sure yet)

day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.
day 57: 07/27/2011- fingerprints taken at Durham application support center
day 59:07/29/2011- EAD ordered; should be in the mail soon
day 67:08/06/2011- EAD received in the mail
day 76:08/15/2011- Interview scheduled for 09/20/2011.( here comes the real deal of the whole process-the interview).

finally received the interview letter on august 10th for September the 15th, but still no progress with my EAD :( Well one step at a time..

Congratulations, guys!!!

wwooooooohooooo interview done and approved and IO said i will have my green card in 2 weeks tops...... ... thats the short version lol..

So my appt. was for 11:30 am i get there around 10 am {way too early} from what i saw each IO gets specific cases for that day and is not a random first come first serve basis. I saw a few people who came way after me get called in ahead and so forth.So i asked the receptionist and she explained that the system is as such that each IO handles cases to case basis.So after waiting 2.5 hrs we get called in finally.IO was very nice and friendly middle aged guy. he asked me a few basic questions name old addresses , my full name my wifes full name when we got married. The standard questions on the 485 about being a terrorist or a member od any etc. .The one question that i was sure to listen for was " did you ever misrepresent or lie about being a citizen to get a job ? " AND DEFINITE ANSWER TO THAT IS NO.Cause if I am not mistaken that is a ban waiting to happen .But he did ask the question and i answered no and it was very easy going.

All in all the intervieW took about ten minutes aNn in the middle of that he paused and looked at me and asked you see what I am doing? He was holding a stamp in his hand and he said I am approving your I130 right now and your 485 as well.I will put it in the computer as soon as you Leave and you will see an update today . And he asked if i have questions and if not we are all good to go.he walked as out and said good luck you will have your card in two weeks.

And as we were walking to the car parking garage I got the text for case updates. AWESOME.

matt1256, first of all - CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A PERMANENT RESIDENT!!! :) I'm so happy for you and I'm glad that interview went so smooth! To be honest, I had tears in my eyes when reading your interview story! Am I crazy??? haha Hope not! But I'm really, really happy for you and I can't wait to receive good news on my case in 2 weeks :)

Good luck everyone!!!

congratulations matt1256!!! so happy for you :)

and i have an update!! EAD received today yay!! :)
now to wait for interview letter...

got EAD/AP in mail today...however AP is kinda joke they say in the letter with it...your entry is not guaranteed, so why someone would want to go out of the country with AP ;-)