June 2011 Filers

I don't want them to delay my case any longer and I guess it's better to send more evidence than less.

Ditto! It looks like although they do not directly mention this in the instructions, all the evidence of your legal entry and current status is what they want to initially receive with the application. New filers, make sure you always include the copies of passport bio page, visa page, current I-94, current and previous I-20s, EADs and such, everything that is related to immigration.

Ditto! It looks like although they do not directly mention this in the instructions, all the evidence of your legal entry and current status is what they want to initially receive with the application. New filers, make sure you always include the copies of passport bio page, visa page, current I-94, current and previous I-20s, EADs and such, everything that is related to immigration.

Thanks, dantuin! That's what I figured out too. Hopefully what I've sent is enough. I'm wondering how will I know that the evidence I gave them is enough and that my case is not on hold anymore :confused: Will they change something online or should I expect some letter?

Thanks, dantuin! That's what I figured out too. Hopefully what I've sent is enough. I'm wondering how will I know that the evidence I gave them is enough and that my case is not on hold anymore :confused: Will they change something online or should I expect some letter?

I believe they would change the status online to "Request for Evidence Response Review" once they receive your missing evidence. Here is the quote from the website: "Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence." Then if everything is fine, they will move on to "Testing & Interview".

So I think the only way to find out is to wait - hope you will not get any more RFEs, and hope none of us will.

Is there a thread that has the interview questions for based on marriage Applications?

I remember seeing it about two months who. It was a huge thread with peoples interview experiences from different offices. I've been searching for it all over the forum too but was never able to find it

Are you talking about this one?

Oops I'm not allowed to post urls. Anyway, I found one at immigrate2us dot net. I think thats the one you're talking to.

cheque hasnt been cashed yet , day 7.

its been exactly a week since my package was delivered and signed.

cheque hasnt been cashed yet, Is there any reason to worry as yet?

Again its a thing, where we dont know whether they got the package or they have sent it back or they still havent opened it.

Worst case scenario, what are my options if i dont hear from them for 2 weeks?

Anyone with similar experiences.
Thanks,

I believe they would change the status online to "Request for Evidence Response Review" once they receive your missing evidence. Here is the quote from the website: "Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence." Then if everything is fine, they will move on to "Testing & Interview".

So I think the only way to find out is to wait - hope you will not get any more RFEs, and hope none of us will.

Thanks again, dantuin! :)
I just checked packet tracking number (with the evidence I've sent) and USCIS received it today. Now I'm hoping for some news and hopefully I'm all set. We'll see. Thank God my FP appointment is already scheduled, so everything is right on time.

Update

06/10 mailed I130,485,765,864,693
06/14 package received
06/21 M.O. cashed
06/24 received 3 NOA in the mail
06/27 received in mail biometrics appointment for 07/07

I checked my local office and it says appointment only .And going by older post about walk-ins to philly office it seems like a hit or miss . I might as well just wait cause it is quite a drive from me to get to philly office. It is about 1 1/2 hour drive each way so its a trip to saythe least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my local office and it says appointment only .And going by older post about walk-ins to philly office it seems like a hit or miss . I might as well just wait cause it is quite a drive from me to get to philly office. It is about 1 1/2 hour drive each way so its a trip to saythe least.

Yeah don't bother unless you can "afford" the potential waste of time. It won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Hey everyone, I am the last one in I guess...a look at my sig will show I am just about ready to file, sending it overnight tomorrow
Came in F1, fell out of status, so left and re-entered the country, they told me entry was more than 30 days before class so I was allowed to withdraw application to enter, provided proof of summer school and was allowed to re-enter. Since then I graduatesd, got my F1-OPT based EAD, got my first H1B and I am currently changing jobs, so there is another H1B being applied for me by the new firm. I married a US PR who has since then become a citizen and now we are applying for my AOS so we can travel to India for the ceremony early next year...boy that's a LONG story...BUT all that matters is, I am in the June thread...by a whisker and not much more :p

Thanks again, dantuin! :)
I just checked packet tracking number (with the evidence I've sent) and USCIS received it today. Now I'm hoping for some news and hopefully I'm all set. We'll see. Thank God my FP appointment is already scheduled, so everything is right on time.

2much2handle, you are welcome :) I am still waiting myself for the NOAs to arrive in mail, waiting is so annoying.... :)

Hey everyone, I am the last one in I guess...a look at my sig will show I am just about ready to file, sending it overnight tomorrow
Came in F1, fell out of status, so left and re-entered the country, they told me entry was more than 30 days before class so I was allowed to withdraw application to enter, provided proof of summer school and was allowed to re-enter. Since then I graduatesd, got my F1-OPT based EAD, got my first H1B and I am currently changing jobs, so there is another H1B being applied for me by the new firm. I married a US PR who has since then become a citizen and now we are applying for my AOS so we can travel to India for the ceremony early next year...boy that's a LONG story...BUT all that matters is, I am in the June thread...by a whisker and not much more :p

Hello, F1-fellow! ;) (Well, ex-F1 :D) Good luck to you on your journey with USCIS!

2much2handle, you are welcome :) I am still waiting myself for the NOAs to arrive in mail, waiting is so annoying.... :)

Good luck! Based on your signature they should come any minute now :) Fingers crossed! ;)

The immigration laws definitely need some tweaking. F1's and H1's have to jump through all kinds of hoops and any minor mistake, one falls out of status.

I have a question my friends.... I had a valid F1 visa, I was here since 2006, I went home to get married, I did the celebration for the marriage back home with my USC wife. Then I came with her back to the US, she entered from the American citizen's entrance and I came based on my valid F1 visa! I didn't mention to the immigration officer that I am intending to marry. A few days later we married officially in the US and then I filled my paperwork for the green card a month after my official marriage. Am I going to have a problem with USCIS if I at the interview I mentioned that we came together? Is that considered as fraud to my F1 visa? Please advice... I just don't want to get in trouble in the interview.

Thanks

I have a question my friends.... I had a valid F1 visa, I was here since 2006, I went home to get married, I did the celebration for the marriage back home with my USC wife. Then I came with her back to the US, she entered from the American citizen's entrance and I came based on my valid F1 visa! I didn't mention to the immigration officer that I am intending to marry. A few days later we married officially in the US and then I filled my paperwork for the green card a month after my official marriage. Am I going to have a problem with USCIS if I at the interview I mentioned that we came together? Is that considered as fraud to my F1 visa? Please advice... I just don't want to get in trouble in the interview.

Thanks

I would love to hear others opinion on this.

F-1 does NOT allow dual intent. However everything is decided on a case by case basis. I would suggest you do not volunteer unnecessary information. One can be completely truthful, without volunteering information. In this case, I would consider the "coming together" part unnecessary information.

I may be wrong!