June 2011 Filers

@velvet_tuberose
It probably doesn't matter. You will have to bring all your evidence again to the interview anyway, and that is when it will be really evaluated.

@adnan
Thats nice re the biometrics adnan! (Incidentally, Adnan is the name of one of my best friends, he is from India)

Anyway, I hit a minor roadblock today. My wife (the USC) and I live in separate states (for work reasons, though we will be together in a few months). I got all my receipts, but she never got the I-130 receipt. Today I got an email from USCIS (in Spanish, even though neither of us have the slightest hispanic/spanish connection) which said that her I-130 receipt had been returned by USPS as undeliverable!

Arrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

This is most likely because after my wife changed her last name, sometimes her mail to her new name is returned. So annoying it had to happen with the I-130 receipt! Oh well, I suppose better that than the interview notice.

So anyway, I had her call USCIS to explain, and see if they would accept her PO Box address instead. They did, and hopefully everything should be OK now. I don't know how much its going to delay things.

My wife isn't really involved at all in any of this immigration stuff - when she called USCIS, she didn't know if she was the "petitioner" or "beneficiary" (but fortunately she figured it out on the spot...:) )

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I forgot to attach the lease agreement with both our names, my husband's and mine, to the form I-130. What do you think it is going to happen?

I have sent enough documents to support our relationship, documents such as: life insurance policy with me as the beneficiary, copy of marriage certificate, utility bill w/ both our names, renter's and car insurance policies w/both our names, documents from the bank showing co-mingling of our finances.

Not to worry, velvet tuberose :) I didn't attach our proof of home ownership either :) As long as you attached at least one document from the list you'll do great! Plus, they accepted your papers and you received both of your NOAs already, so stay positive! Like somebody already mentioned, if USCIS will need something from you they'll either ask you to send it in or you'll have to bring it for the interview. For now, you are all set :)

Congratulations to all those who started their jorney and joined our thread ;) Good luck to all!

Guys, I have a question for those of you who already had their biometrics done or who have their Biometrics appointment letter. Did USCIS change anything on the website saying that they sent you a Biometrics letter? I'm just wondering if I should just wait for the letter in the regular mail or maybe there will be an update on the website saying that they sent a Biometrcis letter. For now it just says that they received my I-130 and I-485. I'll appreciate any answers :)
I really need my green card fast. Today I payed $2,178 for the freaking one nursing class and we are literally broke. International student tuitions slowly but surely kill us.

Not to worry, velvet tuberose [/hUB]:) I didn't attach our proof of home ownership either :) As long as you attached at least one document from the list you'll do great! Plus, they accepted your papers and you received both of your NOAs already, so stay positive! Like somebody already mentioned, if USCIS will need something from you they'll either ask you to send it in or you'll have to bring it for the interview. For now, you are all set :)

Congratulations to all those who started their jorney and joined our thread ;) Good luck to all!

Guys, I have a question for those of you who already had their biometrics done or who have their Biometrics appointment letter. Did USCIS change anything on the website saying that they sent you a Biometrics letter? I'm just wondering if I should just wait for the letter in the regular mail or maybe there will be an update on the website saying that they sent a Biometrcis letter. For now it just says that they received my I-130 and I-485. I'll appreciate any answers :)
I really need my green card fast. Today I payed $2,178 for the freaking one nursing class and we are literally broke. International student tuitions slowly but surely kill us.

No they don't change anything.

I was just worried because I meant to send it. But now that I hear from you, 2much2handle with encouraging words, I'll be at ease.

Not to worry, velvet tuberose :) I didn't attach our proof of home ownership either :) As long as you attached at least one document from the list you'll do great! Plus, they accepted your papers and you received both of your NOAs already, so stay positive! Like somebody already mentioned, if USCIS will need something from you they'll either ask you to send it in or you'll have to bring it for the interview. For now, you are all set :)

06/10 mailed I130,485,765,864,693
06/14 package received
06/21 M.O. cashed
06/24 received 3 NOA in the mail
seems to be moving along well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
06/10 mailed I130,485,765,864,693
06/14 package received
06/21 M.O. cashed

seems to be moving along well :)

How do you know the money order was cashed? I sent cashier's check, is there way of me finding out if it's been cashed?
I hope it starts moving for me. Good luck and thanks!

I used moneygram and they have an 800 number to check if m.o. has been cashed or not.

Yours will be moving too don't worry.gl

So here's a quick update for everyone. I went to the local USCIS office today to get a question answered. I have a pending EB application and I asked whether I could use the advance parole based on that application to travel even though my FB application's advance parole is still pending. The officer was very nice and he politely said that it may trigger some issues so he told me to wait if possible. He also told me that my EB application is now being forwarded to NBC for consolidation, which means that by the time I get to my interview I won't have to wait for the EB file to be forwarded to the local office and a decision may be made right then and there.

Any idea when I will be hearing from USCIS about my next step in the case? I am in Montana by the way.

Thanks for everyone here

Any idea when I will be hearing from USCIS about my next step in the case? I am in Montana by the way.

Thanks for everyone here

I would say somewhere within a month. Gotta be your interview letter, then EAD. Thats just what I think based on reading the timelines of people who filed in previous months. If you get your fingerprints earlier, you get your interview letter sooner. However, I don't think theres any impact on when they start your EAD production. Its just my opinion

I would say somewhere within a month. Gotta be your interview letter, then EAD. Thats just what I think based on reading the timelines of people who filed in previous months. If you get your fingerprints earlier, you get your interview letter sooner. However, I don't think theres any impact on when they start your EAD production. Its just my opinion

Thank you very much for your response. I heard that each state has different timeline for processing their GC process, is that correct?

Thank you very much for your response. I hhUeard that each state has different timeline for processing their GC process, is that correct?

Well of course they do as I assume simply because the numbers of immigrants in every state varies greatly. For example, there are way way less immigrants in Iowa, Montana or Oklahoma than in Cali or Southern Florida. A few states don't even have offices that hold interviews, they only have offices for infopass, fingerprints and Citizenship Oath. you can check processing times for your office at uscis.gov, however, I don't believe that those timeliness are accurate. Federal goal for processing all our applications is always five months I believe.

Me again! :)

So after giving an update here on the thread, I went online and punched in my case number to check my current case status (I was just curious if anything changed since I got a Biometrics letter). And that's what they say on the website about my case:
"On June 22, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. "

I guess I have a question again to those who had their FP done or got their Biometrics letter - DO YOU HAVE THE SAME INFORMATION WHILE CHECKING YOUR CASE STATUS ONLINE?
I checked the envelope and Biometrics letter was sent on June 22. So now I'm not sure if they just call it "notice requesting initial evidence" or should I expect another letter with the information what additional documentation they want? :confused: Or is it just normal desrciption they put on the website until I'll have my FP done? :confused:
I'm so confused and worried now... Especially those words that they put my case on hold until they receive the evidence are horrible :( Please, HELP!