June 2011 Filers

You will be able to work once you get your gc whic is gonna take longer than two months. But if your I-765 with I-485 you'd get it within sixty days. Thats all the difference

You can always mail I-765 later however you need to make sure that you check the box saying that you have filed I-485 so that you dont have to pay the fees for I-765. Also when they accept your application it doesnt mean you wont get any RFEs. They will only do a cursory check initially to accept the application.
All the best.

Thank you so much for your answers! Now it makes sense to me :)

velvet tuberose, I'm sure your e-mails and text messages will be send to you soon :)

king.0c, good luck :)

2much2handle,

thank you for encouraging me.:)

You are very welcome :) That's why we are all here - to encourage one another :) Personally, I'm very anxious about this whole process since I've been waiting for it for 6 years! I'm so ready to get rid of my F-1 visa and become "normal" (and pay normal rates for school - not double price). Plus, I haven't seen my family for 6 years, so I really, really want my green card - like TODAY! :p But it's not possible, so we have to be very patient. And we'll eventually all get there and get our green cards :) Keep your head up - your case will start moving forward soon! :)

You are very welcome :) That's why we are all here - to encourage one another :) Personally, I'm very anxious about this whole process since I've been waiting for it for 6 years! I'm so ready to get rid of my F-1 visa and become "normal" (and pay normal rates for school - not double price). Plus, I haven't seen my family for 6 years, so I really, really want my green card - like TODAY! :p But it's not possible, so we have to be very patient. And we'll eventually all get there and get our green cards :) Keep your head up - your case will start moving forward soon! :)

I've been here since 1998, what should I do? :)

I've been here since 1998, what should I do? :)

I don't know :) I'm sorry to hear that it took you so long to finally start a process of getting a green card. But trust me, 6 years is also a pretty long time (at least for me), so don't feel like you are in a "better" worse position than I am :p Just kidding ;)
Plus, I'm not so sad about long waiting time (those 6 years), but about all those money we had to pay for school so I could maintain legal status. Schools for international students are VERY expensive here and this is the biggest joy for me that I will not have to pay thousands of dollars each semester anymore :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! I just sent my I-485 packet this thursday June 9th. I am anxiously waiting for a receipt.
Question- is the wac number or receipt number the same throughout the process? Like for I-130 and I-485?

Thanks and best of luck to you all!

I don't know :) I'm sorry to hear that it took you so long to finally start a process of getting a green card. But trust me, 6 years is also a pretty long time (at least for me), so don't feel like you are in a "better" worse position than I am :p Just kidding ;)
Plus, I'm not so sad about long waiting time (those 6 years), but about all those money we had to pay for school so I could maintain legal status. Schools for international students are VERY expensive here and this is the biggest joy for me that I will not have to pay thousands of dollars each semester anymore :)

I actually started the process of getting an employment based green card in 2006, but it's been pending since (it's awful on that side)! I also went to a state school and paid the international student tuition, so I know how you feel. Best of luck, hopefully you'll be paying in-state as early as next Spring.

Hey guys! I just sent my I-485 packet this thursday June 9th. I am anxiously waiting for a receipt.
Question- is the wac number or receipt number the same throughout the process? Like for I-130 and I-485?

Thanks and best of luck to you all!

Good luck! I think that the receipt number is the same throughout the process. I just checked my receipt number for I-485 and I can already see at what point my case is.

I actually started the process of getting an employment based green card in 2006, but it's been pending since (it's awful on that side)! I also went to a state school and paid the international student tuition, so I know how you feel. Best of luck, hopefully you'll be paying in-state as early as next Spring.

Thanks, good luck to you too! I hope I will pay normal price as early as this coming November ;) I already paid for Fall 2011 semester and in November there will be a registration for Winter 2012 :)

Yesterday I got my NAO1

Congrats! Btw, we have awfully similar signatures :D :p

So your I-130 and I-485 have the same receipt number on the NOA? The 3 letters followed by 10 numbers?
And I understand how you feel about tuition, ridiculously expensive for us.

Hello all ,just mailed mine out today I 130/485/765/864/693via UPS .So here goes nothing lol... gl and a speedy process to all

good luck matt1256!! did you include the app for notifications via email and/or text? if you, whats the progress on your package? i forgot to include mine and i filed on june 9th.

thanks!

Hello, everyone!
Short update on my case.
I have received 3 notices of action stating that my applications have been received by their office and are in process. I have received them by mail last night and not by e-mail or text message even though I have attached the form G-1145. I don't know what to think of this.:)
I have checked the status of my case on the uscis website and it says that the case is under initial review.
Anyway, things are moving.

Here is my timeline:

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my bio appointment finally for next week! :) Does this mean that all my paperwork are complete and nothing is missing?

I have a question regarding the interview. Who is supposed to answer questions, my USC spouse or I? We both can answer most of them I think but I don't want to confuse the officer too much and have only my spouse or I answer most of them.