June 2011 Filers

I have a question regarding the interview. Who is supposed to answer questions, my USC spouse or I? We both can answer most of them I think but I don't want to confuse the officer too much and have only my spouse or I answer most of them.

I think the officer will address the questions to both of you.And I also think you'll know when the questions have been addressed to you or your wife.Just wait and play by the officer's rules. My opinion.:)

I think the officer will address the questions to both of you.And I also think you'll know when the questions have been addressed to you or your wife.Just wait and play by the officer's rules. My opinion.:)

You're probably correct. It's hard to wait though, I want to get in there today! :)

Hello!

Congratulations to everyone who got some updates on their case!

I just got 2 NOAs in the mail - for I-485 and I-130. Now I'm waiting for my biometrics notice :)

julias522, receipt numbers are almost the same for both NOAs - in my case, only last numbers are different. On one of the NOAs last number is 5 and on the other one is 6.
And thanks for understanding! Are you an F-1 student too?

Good luck to everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Biometrics notice

So I'm seeing people who received their NOA1s after me getting biometrics notices but I still haven't received one. I also have a pending employment based green card application to which I already submitted my biometrics. Could the USCIS not be requesting additional biometrics for that reason?

I guess that would probably make sense since my signature and my thumbprints haven't changed since the last time I applied. And the photos I provided update my facial changes... What does everyone else think?

2much2handle- that's great! I hope I get my notiices that quick. I'm hoping my papers got in yesterday if not today. I have to be patient. No, visitor but I luckily started paying as resident. It's good to know that other people understand what we have to go through as foreign residents.
Thanks and good luck!

Saywhat- that may be possible since they're already have pretty much everything they need. We have to just wait. Hang in there and good luck!

Keep us all updated :)

good luck matt1256!! did you include the app for notifications via email and/or text? if you, whats the progress on your package? i forgot to include mine and i filed on june 9th.

thanks!

ty julias522 and no i did not do the email and text notices .so far package was received and signed for tuesday, checks not cashed yet as of today .

gl w yours and keep us posted as well.

Hi all!

I have been following this thread. I submitted my I-130, I-485, I-765 and I 131. Everything recieved on June 1. Got email and text messages with reciept no's on June 6. On June 8th got NOA's for 485,765 and 131 (but not 130). On June 9th got the biometrics appt. Did walk-in biometrics on June 13 (Phoenix ASC). Thats it - waiting for whatever lies next. I'm wondering if I should call USCIS regarding the receipt for 130. It could be that it went to my wife's address - she is in a different state - but she didn't get anything either.

Edit: I put a timeline in my signature, and also checked that it says "show signature" in my profile, but don't see it. Anyone know why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all!

I have been following this thread. I submitted my I-130, I-485, I-765 and I 131. Everything recieved on June 1. Got email and text messages with reciept no's on June 6. On June 8th got NOA's for 485,765 and 131 (but not 130). On June 9th got the biometrics appt. Did walk-in biometrics on June 13 (Phoenix ASC). Thats it - waiting for whatever lies next. I'm wondering if I should call USCIS regarding the receipt for 130. It could be that it went to my wife's address - she is in a different state - but she didn't get anything either.

Edit: I put a timeline in my signature, and also checked that it says "show signature" in my profile, but don't see it. Anyone know why?

Wow, your case is moving forward very fast! Cool! I think that if you had your biometrics done already you shouldn't worry about confirmation for I-130. If they called you in for biometrics this means that everything was accepted and you are okay. But if you want to find out for the peace of your mind - go ahead and call 1-800 number and I'm sure they'll be able to answer all your questions.

Good luck with everything!

I received my biometrics letter today. I was kind of hoping not to receive one since I already have a pending employment based application but I got one anyway. It looks like it took longer than most for me to get the letter. Any thoughts on why this could be?

Wow, your case is moving forward very fast! Cool! I think that if you had your biometrics done already you shouldn't worry about confirmation for I-130. If they called you in for biometrics this means that everything was accepted and you are okay. But if you want to find out for the peace of your mind - go ahead and call 1-800 number and I'm sure they'll be able to answer all your questions.

Good luck with everything!

Thanks 2much2handle! Yes thats what I thought too - not going to bother about the receipt notice for the I 130, since I already have the reciept no's in my email.

So I guess now its a waiting game!

Best of luck to you too. I'll post any updates here promptly.

Does receiving appointment for fingerprinting means all your documents are complete? Please advice,

Thanks

Hi guys!
I sent my i-485 and i-765 or JUne 9th! On june 17th i received NOA only for Empl Authorization application. what does it mean? does it mean that my i-485 is delayed for some reason ? or i will receieve NOA for I-485 later or my attorney will? is anybody familiar with this situation?
thanks!

Hi all,

After receiving my bio appt notice last Friday I decided to take a chance and do a walk-in at the ASC I was assigned to (Woodside, NY). Everything went very smoothly, I wasn't questioned at all. The ASC was pretty busy at the time so I had to wait about 1.5 hours but well worth it since it's out of the way now.

It'll be interesting to see whether this will "speed up" my application at all since I pretty much did the bio 20 days prior to my appointment date.

I'll continue to keep everyone posted.

They received my package last week Thursday, now it's Monday night I was about to freak out - still no update. But now I see from others' experience - a week or two can pass before they cash the checks /send notifications.... Thank you for this thread, helps me keep calm :)
Good luck everyone!!!

mailed my AOS package to Chicago

DO: Newark

I mailed my AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765, copy of approved I-130).

06/17-- Mailed the AOS package
06/20 --Package delivered to Chicago

Quick question,

Are all family based AOS filers called for interviews?

Good luck to all,
Thanks

Hello everyone,

Quick question. I forgot to attach the lease agreement with both our names, my husband's and mine, to the form I-130. What do you think it is going to happen?

I have sent enough documents to support our relationship, documents such as: life insurance policy with me as the beneficiary, copy of marriage certificate, utility bill w/ both our names, renter's and car insurance policies w/both our names, documents from the bank showing co-mingling of our finances.