June 2011 Filers

Has anyone done a walkin biometrics in elizabeth, nj

Was wondering if anyone has done a early walk-in biometris , i got a FP appointment for 08/10 which is like 20 days from today.

I am thinking of going tomorrow , Wednesday at 3-00 pm.

Anyone with experience at Elizabeth ASC, if yes please let me know the optimal time to go there for an early walk in

My timeline
-------------
06/17--Package sent
06/20 -- Package recieved
07/13--recieved sms and email regarding reiept
07/14 --cheque cashed
07/18--recieved 3 NOA's in mail, and FP appointment in mail
07/20 --Planning to do early walkin in Elizabeth, NJ?
08/10 --FP appointment scheduled

Kindly advise
Thanks

I have seen a few people here that have done early walk-ins with no problems. If that office is close to you then just try it . Worst thing that can happen is they say no and come back when your scheduled.

Based on my discussion with a tier 2 agent yesterday because summer is travel season a lot of ppl cancel their scheduled Bio appts and therefore there are a lot of open time slots available for walk-ins that will speed up the case processing

Was wondering if anyone has done a early walk-in biometris , i got a FP appointment for 08/10 which is like 20 days from today.

I am thinking of going tomorrow , Wednesday at 3-00 pm.

Anyone with experience at Elizabeth ASC, if yes please let me know the optimal time to go there for an early walk in

My timeline
-------------
06/17--Package sent
06/20 -- Package recieved
07/13--recieved sms and email regarding reiept
07/14 --cheque cashed
07/18--recieved 3 NOA's in mail, and FP appointment in mail
07/20 --Planning to do early walkin in Elizabeth, NJ?
08/10 --FP appointment scheduled

Kindly advise
Thanks

I did my bio a wk before scheduled date. In and out in 15 mins. No problem at all. I went around 12:30.
Good luck!

Hey everyone! Just an update. On fri july 15th I mailed out the response to a RFE, today I got an email saying that it is being reviewed. Now I just have to wait on EAD and IL

Based on my discussion with a tier 2 agent yesterday because summer is travel season a lot of ppl cancel their scheduled Bio appts and therefore there are a lot of open time slots available for walk-ins that will speed up the case processing
I think that agent is not getting the point. most of the cases as I see it....if one is filing for AOS normally understands the seriousness of it and wants it to get it done ASAP. now bio. is done in several cases as we know. it could be GC, removal of condition GC, N400 etc.... so most of the ppl getting bio. appointment, i highly doubt if they would miss it. may be early walk-ins are the reason for it... :-D

Hey everyone! Just an update. On fri july 15th I mailed out the response to a RFE, today I got an email saying that it is being reviewed. Now I just have to wait on EAD and IL

Good luck! I'm just curious what they asked you to send in? I sent my RFE response (copies of I-94 and last two I-20s) at the end of June and on the website it says that they received it on June 29 (although I know they got it 2 days before that). I was hoping that after my FP appointment there will be some update, but nothing happens.

Good luck! I'm just curious what they asked you to send in? I sent my RFE response (copies of I-94 and last two I-20s) at the end of June and on the website it says that they received it on June 29 (although I know they got it 2 days before that). I was hoping that after my FP appointment there will be some update, but nothing happens.

Thanks matt1256!! Good luck w/ that interview :)

2much2handle-when I sent my package I explained my purse had been stolen and visa was in there. Also attorney told me to return my I-94 to the port of entry in el paso, tx where it was issued. So they asked for proof of legal entry. Luckily my apt complex had a copy of my visa and I have already sent out a request to uscis to get my immigration record. I also forgot to send out form I-864 filled out by my husband. Good luck to you!

Hello!

So unfortunately I did receive a "yellow letter" with a request for evidence. I'm so confused now. I don't understand why they are asking me for this since I obtained my visa over 6 years ago.
Anyway, this is what they say:

Submit one of the following:
1. Evidence of your lawful admission or parole into the United States. Such evidence includes, but is not limited to, Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of your passport showing admission to the United States.

OR

2. If you last entered the United States without inspection, you must submit evidence of your eligibility for adjustment of status under section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). (blah, blah, blah)

Anyway, I guess I will submit evidence described in #1, since I did have an inspection while entering to the United States. I just don't understand why since I would normally send all those papers at the beginning, but in the instructions it says that I didn't have to! Ugh, what a waste of time.

So guys, question for you - after poins #1 & #2 it says:
"Please, submit evidence of eligibility under section 245(i) of INA and a completed and signed Supplement A to Form I-485.Evidence of eligibility inclued Form I-797 Notice of Action for Form I-130, I-140, or I-360."

What do you think, do I still have to file Form I-797 (NOA for I-130) even though I'm not going file form 245(i)?

Thanks in advance

Hi! I sent my AOS based on marriage packet last June 28,2011. I just got today the rfe that is the same as yours. It was also in my understanding from the instructions that I would not need to submit any copy of visa. I also had 2 I-94s with me, but it's the other way had F1 then currently have B2, I will just send everything anyway. Do you happen to know if they check all your packet before sending rfe, because our I-864 is kinda complicated, I was thinking that would be the rfe is about; but luckily not. Does it mean that my I-864 evidence is perfectly fine and won't get another rfe?

Goodluck to everyone!

Time for Update: I have my interview scheduled on 25th August 2011. I received email just now and will let you guys know whenever I receive the actual notice. Cheers!!

Time for Update: I have my interview scheduled on 25th August 2011. I received email just now and will let you guys know whenever I receive the actual notice. Cheers!!

Congrats! How is it that your documents were received almost a full month after mine and you get the interview notice first?!? They have some odd ways of working.

(I'm NYC too by the way)

Congrats! How is it that your documents were received almost a full month after mine and you get the interview notice first?!? They have some odd ways of working.

(I'm NYC too by the way)
Thanks saywhat & ananga73! I am in Manhattan so I guess there are not many ppl ahead of me, also I had help from one of the local immigration agency so my documentation is in order and perfect (so far, thank God!) Also I am on work-permit, there are several other things they might be considering I guess. I know someone who got his GC in just 1 MONTH!!! Don't worry, I hope and wish that you and everyone else here will get their GC very soon. Good luck.

Thanks saywhat & ananga73! I am in Manhattan so I guess there are not many ppl ahead of me, also I had help from one of the local immigration agency so my documentation is in order and perfect (so far, thank God!) Also I am on work-permit, there are several other things they might be considering I guess. I know someone who got his GC in just 1 MONTH!!! Don't worry, I hope and wish that you and everyone else here will get their GC very soon. Good luck.

Great! I think mine has to do with the fact that I also have an employment based green card pending. I went for an InfoPass a few weeks ago and was told that my employment based file was transferred to NBC so that the interviewer would have both files in hand. I am assuming that the transfer will take several weeks to do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Lucky you :)

By the way, I'm so jealous of you being in Manhattan!!! NYC is my dream place :) I lived in Brooklyn for 1,5 years before moving to MI. Everything because of my husband's job here; otherwise I would NEVER leave NYC. I miss it so much! But one day I'll be "back in the New York groove" as they sing in one of my favorite songs ;)

Good luck!

Hi! I sent my AOS based on marriage packet last June 28,2011. I just got today the rfe that is the same as yours. It was also in my understanding from the instructions that I would not need to submit any copy of visa. I also had 2 I-94s with me, but it's the other way had F1 then currently have B2, I will just send everything anyway. Do you happen to know if they check all your packet before sending rfe, because our I-864 is kinda complicated, I was thinking that would be the rfe is about; but luckily not. Does it mean that my I-864 evidence is perfectly fine and won't get another rfe?

Goodluck to everyone!

yumyum7, I was expecting that RFE would be about my I-864 as well, but it wasn't. So I just sent all the copies of I-94 + last two I-20s and I didn't hear from them yet. My case is still under response review.

As far as your question goes, I'm assuming that they do review the whole packet before sending RFE. It looks like that the first thing they noticed was your missing I-94 and you got RFE right away. Remember, that throughout the whole process you can get RFE at any moment, so it's hard to say if they consider your I-864 perfectly fine or if they decide to get more evidence. Just keep your fingers crossed that they will not ask you for any additional information.

Sorry, I can't answer your question in more depth since I can say only what I'm going through from my own experience. Good luck!!!

julias522, good luck with getting all the documents you need! You'll do great!

Awesome, Pandya! Only 2 months!
Let's hope that everybody who filled their papers in June will get their interviews letters soon!
:)

Marriage based green card
North Carolina, Charlotte
day 1 :06/03/2011 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox via USPS priority mail
day 3: 06/05/2011- delivered to Chicago lockbox, 60680-4120
day 12: 06/14/2011- received notice of action by mail- I-130, I-485 & I-765
day 34: 07/05/2011- received appointment letter for fingerprinting-July 27, 2011 @ 2 pm.