JUNE 2008 Filers

Its been almost 5 months since my initial application. I've received the EAD and AP but no sign of IL. Is this a time to contact USCIS or I should wait for sometime? Also, I haven't seen any online update on any of my application. Even though I received AP and EAD I don't see any update for that. And I am travelling outside country for 1 month starting 5th Dec. I don't want them to send IL during my absence and I miss my interview. Guide me..

My timeline:

DO: San Diego, CA
6/24/08 Application mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864, G-325
6/25/08 Forms received at USCIS
7/03/08 All NOA received
07/10/08 Received Biometrics Notification
07/22/08 Biometrics appointment
08/30/08 I-131 Advance Parole Authorization Received (With a typo, so applied again)
09/05/08 EAD Received
11/10/08 New I-131 AP Authorization Received after a new application because of the old typo. (surprisingly this one is updated online but not the older one :))

GC Approved

Hi!
This is my first post here. I didn't want to post until I got my green card approved or just at least have my first initial interview.
Well, that happened this Monday. I got my GC approved.

Here are my dates:
06/08/2008 Paperwork sent
06/12/2008 Paperwork received
07/02/2008 FP taken
07/10/2008 RFE received in mail
07/15/2009 RFE sent
08/16/2008 EAD approved and sent
09/22/2008 Letter in mail for the interview
11/14/2008 Interview and GC approved :)

We had our gc interview today. My wife had filed for an employment based in 08/2007 and we filed for marriage based after my naturalization.
Interview was good,lasted 10 minutes. The interview letter had the Employment based Receipt #, but we took all paperwork related to marriage. IO confirmed that we are pursuing marriage based and he was good with that. He reviewed paperwork, asked questions to my wife from the biographic form(are you a communist etc.) and that was it. I think since we have been married for almost 5 years plus have a child(who we took to the interview) helped. He had a chair and toys for our daughter.
He said he will recommend approval,his supervisor might chose to review it, a standard process. The card will take 3 to 6 weeks if all goes well.
The DO is Chicago
06/10/2008 Paperwork sent
07/08/2008 FP taken
08/16/2008 EAD approved and sent
10/10/2008 Letter in mail for the interview
11/19/2008 Interview
Waiting for Card

Hi Smilegirl

Congrats on your IL ...

frist can you please tell me what's SSN?you mean Social Security No?you didn't have that?

second would you please tell me which state are you applying from?I mean where is you interview ?

Thank you!!!! :)

SSN-Social Security Number. I have one but it`s with my maiden name on it. I applied for a name change and am still waiting for the new card to come in mail :(
I applied from NJ and my interview is going to be in Mount Laurel, NJ. Hope it helps!! :)

Its been almost 5 months since my initial application. I've received the EAD and AP but no sign of IL. Is this a time to contact USCIS or I should wait for sometime? Also, I haven't seen any online update on any of my application. Even though I received AP and EAD I don't see any update for that. And I am travelling outside country for 1 month starting 5th Dec. I don't want them to send IL during my absence and I miss my interview. Guide me..

You can always try and make an Infopass appointment. In my case it helped a lot!

Hi!
This is my first post here. I didn't want to post until I got my green card approved or just at least have my first initial interview.
Well, that happened this Monday. I got my GC approved.

Congratulations on your GC!!! :)

We had our gc interview today. My wife had filed for an employment based in 08/2007 and we filed for marriage based after my naturalization.
Interview was good,lasted 10 minutes. The interview letter had the Employment based Receipt #, but we took all paperwork related to marriage. IO confirmed that we are pursuing marriage based and he was good with that. He reviewed paperwork, asked questions to my wife from the biographic form(are you a communist etc.) and that was it. I think since we have been married for almost 5 years plus have a child(who we took to the interview) helped. He had a chair and toys for our daughter.
He said he will recommend approval,his supervisor might chose to review it, a standard process. The card will take 3 to 6 weeks if all goes well.
The DO is Chicago

I`m sure you will get it soon! Congrats on your interview !!!!!! :)

Infopass

Smilegirl,
Can you tell me what is Infopass and how to apply for that?
Is it just calling customer care or a visit to nearby USCIS?

Thanks..

Question on InfoPass

Smilegirl,

Thanks..

I'd appreciate if anybody can clarify a doubt I have about Infopass. The website for Infopass states that USCIS offers four types of appointments stated below:

1. Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

2. Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

3. EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

4. Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Since I already have my EAD it rules out option 3. Options 1 and 2 too are ruled out since there was no communique from USCIS. Should I choose option 4? I just want to be sure since I dont want to be turned back at my DO which is a good 3 hour drive from my residence.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Karthik

Smilegirl,

Thanks..

Sure! "InfoPass is a free, easy and convenient Internet-based system that allows the public to make an appointment to speak with an Immigration Information Officer. If you or someone you know has a complex immigration issue that is best handled in person by a trained immigration officer, InfoPass is for you! Instead of waiting in line—go online!"
You will find all info here:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

I went online to make an appointment. Picked the right date for me to go there and printed out the confirmation of my appointment date. You have to have it with you when you go to the office !!! Read more to find out what you will need to bring with you (for example your ID; application you have question about). Just to let you know, I made this appointment because I didn`t received my EAD and it was well over 120 days after I sent my aplications to USCIS. Once I got to the office I was asked to fill out I-765 again (it would be much easier if I had a copy of it with me), so they can check the status. Thank God, I have a good memory and had no problems with doing that right there! After that , I asked about my I-485 and when can we expect our interview date. Week after that I received my EAD in mail and in another week -my Interview Letter! So I think going for Infopass works!

It`s very easy and will let you talk face-to-face to the officer and get as much info about your case as you can! :D

I'd appreciate if anybody can clarify a doubt I have about Infopass. The website for Infopass states that USCIS offers four types of appointments stated below:

1. Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

2. Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

3. EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

4. Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Since I already have my EAD it rules out option 3. Options 1 and 2 too are ruled out since there was no communique from USCIS. Should I choose option 4? I just want to be sure since I dont want to be turned back at my DO which is a good 3 hour drive from my residence.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Karthik

I would go with the option 4! Good luck! :)

Guys,
just wnated to give you an update... The sad part is i havent got the EAD or anything yet. I filed on june 11th. i had a service requets put in and now my 485 says evidence received. case processing resumed. no changes yet. I send in the service requets on september 24th so before i put in another service request it will take 60 days. so i cant put in an expedite request till november 24th. better than putting a service request go for an infopass appointment first. good to know almost all of you got your EAD's. Hopefully mine is on the way. will keep you posted

Guys,
just wnated to give you an update... The sad part is i havent got the EAD or anything yet. I filed on june 11th. i had a service requets put in and now my 485 says evidence received. case processing resumed. no changes yet. I send in the service requets on september 24th so before i put in another service request it will take 60 days. so i cant put in an expedite request till november 24th. better than putting a service request go for an infopass appointment first. good to know almost all of you got your EAD's. Hopefully mine is on the way. will keep you posted

I hope you will!!!!!! If you won`t -go for an Infopass!!!! This will work for sure! :)

Thanks

Thanks for your response smilegirl!

--Karthik

Sure! "InfoPass is a free, easy and convenient Internet-based system that allows the public to make an appointment to speak with an Immigration Information Officer. If you or someone you know has a complex immigration issue that is best handled in person by a trained immigration officer, InfoPass is for you! Instead of waiting in line—go online!"
You will find all info here:
http://infopass.uscis.gov/

I went online to make an appointment. Picked the right date for me to go there and printed out the confirmation of my appointment date. You have to have it with you when you go to the office !!! Read more to find out what you will need to bring with you (for example your ID; application you have question about). Just to let you know, I made this appointment because I didn`t received my EAD and it was well over 120 days after I sent my aplications to USCIS. Once I got to the office I was asked to fill out I-765 again (it would be much easier if I had a copy of it with me), so they can check the status. Thank God, I have a good memory and had no problems with doing that right there! After that , I asked about my I-485 and when can we expect our interview date. Week after that I received my EAD in mail and in another week -my Interview Letter! So I think going for Infopass works!

It`s very easy and will let you talk face-to-face to the officer and get as much info about your case as you can! :D

I would go with the option 4! Good luck! :)

Interview!!

So I finally got the interview letter in mail for the 21st of january '09! No online updates yet on my case. I guess that may never happen except for EAD's. A pleasent problem is that my wife is about to give birth to a baby on the 15th of January thus effectively revoking my appointment. I called up USCIS and put in a request for a later date. DOn't know how that's going to turn out. <Crossed fingers />

Yes, we got a letter saying interview scheduled on 12/3 is canceled and would be rescheduled. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It was in Boston office.

Just got IL and ID is 01/14/09, but got a another paper with it saying that i need to bring all detail documents regarding any traffic violation or any arrest, did you guys got this piece of paper also along with IL ????

Can you guys also pls tell me that how should i represent my list of documents and pls post your own experience here. thanx

Interview Letter

Hi all,

Looks like many ILs are coming in, just got mine yesterday! Notice date was November 17th, got it November 22nd. Interview is scheduled for January 26, 09. Looks like all is on track for me. For the ones who haven't heard back, good luck, I'm sure you guys will get it soon.

Just got IL and ID is 01/14/09, but got a another paper with it saying that i need to bring all detail documents regarding any traffic violation or any arrest, did you guys got this piece of paper also along with IL ????

Can you guys also pls tell me that how should i represent my list of documents and pls post your own experience here. thanx

I also got the same sheet of paper, but I haven't ever been arrested/detained so I'm not worried about it.

Quite a few people have posted list of documents, go through this forum and some others specifically about the interview process. Good luck

Thanks for your response smilegirl!

--Karthik
You are very welcome! :)

Oh Owh! Cancellation!? So far..no. I have interview this coming Monday, if it's cancel I should get the letter by now right?

Good luck on your interview today!!! Let us know how GOOD it went!!!!!:D

So I finally got the interview letter in mail for the 21st of january '09! No online updates yet on my case. I guess that may never happen except for EAD's. A pleasent problem is that my wife is about to give birth to a baby on the 15th of January thus effectively revoking my appointment. I called up USCIS and put in a request for a later date. DOn't know how that's going to turn out. <Crossed fingers />

Congrats on you IL! I hope you can change the date of your interview with no problem!!! :)

Congrats on your IL as well!!!! So many good news!!!!:D
I also got "this paper" and I simply am going to ignore it , since it doesn`t apply to me. Most of the people I talk to received it and said you just do nothing about it -unless you have been charge or arrested in a past.

As far as your list of documents , I say organize it nicely in folders. When IO asks you for a document it`s good to be prepared, and know where it is right away.

Good luck!!!!
Hi all,

Looks like many ILs are coming in, just got mine yesterday! Notice date was November 17th, got it November 22nd. Interview is scheduled for January 26, 09. Looks like all is on track for me. For the ones who haven't heard back, good luck, I'm sure you guys will get it soon.

Great !!! Another good news!! Congrats:D

Hi Eveyone! Just wanted to share my interview experience this morning.

I had my interview at Newark, New Jersey. The appointment was at 11:00 AM, but we reached there an hour earlier. So we went to cafeteria and went to the 13th floor half an hour later. We were called at about 11:45 AM. The IO was really nice. He was even humming a song while collecting/checking all the paperwork (my passport, I-94, Driver's license, Marriage certificate). Then he asked a few questions on my name, my parents' name, my husband's work, how did we meet? (he laughed when we tell our story)..so it was more like a casual interview. He asked for the proof of joint name/account. So we showed our bank statement, tax and lease agreement. After that we showed some photos back when we were dating, halloween pictures (again he laughed and commented on the pictures) and some other photos - shower, thanksgiving, christmas, with our family, college time..etc etc. (I remember while waiting for our turn, I looked everywhere and saw couples with scrapbook and albums - we didn't even bring an album! - just like 25 photos). The IO took some of the photos and my EAD and said that he is approving us and I will received my GC in 2 weeks. That's about it. We shook his hand and left. But while waiting for the elevator, my husband was worried about my EAD (I went for my 4th interview last week), and he was saying that what if I get the job and need to show the EAD, and somehow the IO came to elevetor with his lunch right at that moment...( right on time!). So we asked him, and he was so nice saying that he will take my EAD at his office and give it back to me.

So overall, it was a nice, pleasant interview. I want to thank everyone for their support and this forum has helped me alot on filing the paperwork and preparing my application. I was out of status before and was thinking of hiring an attorney, but with this forum I managed to do everything; not even with rfe.

Good luck and best wishes to all who are still waiting!!