June 2004 - concurrent filing

All
My lawyer called CSC last week. They told that they were waiting for my name check. How much time does it take to get the namecheck cleared?

Folks,

Typically, how long after an RFE response is submitted and received by the USCIS(CSC), does the applicant hear back from the USCIS with regards to a decision? I am not referring to the acknowledgement of the RFE response...I am referring to the eventual adjudication upon receipt of the RFE response at the USCIS centers.

Rich

Thank you maple_cartier for the update.
No update on my end. Sent a letter to FBI about my Name check status 6 weeks ago. Not heard from them yet. Having stuck with Name check we cannot say how long it is going to be before it is approved. So , I am working on moving on to a new job using AC21.

Greeny,

Why do you think you are stuck in 'Name Check' ? How does one get to know that they are stuck in the name check stage?

Rich

USCIS rep told me my case is under "detailed review" when i called up CSC emergency number.
I understand from this forum that if they say detailed review it is mostly waiting on fbi Name check clearence and also it will take from 1 day to forever before it is approved. So I though better move on.
This was purely my understanding/assumption. This may not be true too.
Thanks
-Greeny

Hmm...interesting. I wonder if country of origin plays into this name check delays...you know...if you happen to be from one of the selected countries, they can do extensive checks on you....would be interesting to know if that is indeed true.

Folks,

What is the standard interval at CSC after an RFE response is submitted for the USCIS? Is it 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks+ that has to elapse before the case officer reviews the RFE response and makes the adjudication (or issue more RFE if needed)

Anyone care to share their thoughts or case studies?

Rich

I-485 Approved! (Spouse & I)

Folks,

Got an e-mail today afternoon confirming the I-485 approvals. Just a quick refresher, my RFE on I-485 was received and acknowledged by CSC on March 18.

Good Luck and Godspeed to all!

Rich

maple_cartier said:
Folks,

Got an e-mail today afternoon confirming the I-485 approvals. Just a quick refresher, my RFE on I-485 was received and acknowledged by CSC on March 18.

Good Luck and Godspeed to all!

Rich

Congratulations. Was your application pending due to namecheck delays
as well ?

Thank y'all for your kind wishes..I sincerely wish everyone the best of lady luck and speedy approvals..

OutletVolt1,

I never called the Emergency numbers for any name check status. So, I cannot comment on that part..my 2-cents...I dont think name check was an issue in my application..

My delay as far as I can see was primarily due to the RFE on my I-485(the INS doctor had forgotten to put the vaccination records in the sealed envelope) for me. That was the only delay I can think of.

Rich

Hi maple_cartier,

Many congratulations indeed,

After I140 RFE response, it says it will take 270-300 days and we will send written decision.

How was your message after they receive your RFE reply?

Thanks,

Waitingforluck,

Here is my USCIS message after they received my RFE response....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On March 18, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results
listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

maple_cartier,

It is exactly the same as mine even date but mine was I140 RFE.

I hope my case is also on its way to approval.

Good luck with your coming days!

Thanks,