June 2004 - concurrent filing

Guys,

I just got an e-mail regarding my I-485 status (LUD updated on March 1, 2005).

They have said that they have sent a notice requesting additional information or evidence on my I-485...

My I-485 is very straightforward (no AC21 or change of employer situation).

Any ideas on what it could be about?

Thanks
P.S: My I-140 was approved on Feb 24 (this week)(CSC, EB2)

If 485 is staright then it might be some medical thing. One of my friends got the same , 140 approved and 485 got an RFE about medical missing.

BTW , When your LUD changed , has message also changed or just the date?

thanks

Reply to buzzingbee:

My 485 status the following:

"On xxxx, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I called USCIS to find the status and got reply that my application is waiting for name clearance.

Reply to Tiburon:

You can initiate name check status with FBI, nothing to worry on this. You have full rights to initiate queries on your 485.

Replying to waitingforgc200,

The LUD and the message for I-485 changed today.

By the way, what are the chances that the RFE is for paystubs or tax returns or verifying the employment? Reason I ask is cos none of my peers got an RFE on medicals even though they had got their medicals done over a year ago since the filing.

My company HR received my I-140 approval Notice today.

Mine is a substitution case. The priority date on the approval notice is showing as the original LC receipt date. Just FYI

Any LUD changes, aprovals to our June filers today? Good Luck to you all

-Greeny

gumnaam00 - waitingforgc200 and me also had a LUD change on 01/12/2005.
You guys think it is a mass update?
I am hoping that was changed after they received our Name check results from FBI.
Any guess?

I hope so too...I have not called or FBI regarding the status of Name check. Have either of you guys done that?

I called up emergency number. rep told me my case is under " detailed review"
Asked her if my case is stuck because of fbi name check. She said she don't see
any thing in there like that ( this gives me a hope to believe that my name check process is complete).
Asked her the qn diff ways. But she did not reveal anything more about my case.

i-140 LUD changed late yesterday.
Status updated to i-140 application is approved balh..blah..
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take for USCIS to actually send the approval notice once they say it has been mailed out?

My I-140 was approved on Feb 24 (CSC) and thats the date when they said it was mailed...

My question is how long is it going to take me or my attorney to get the approval notice? When can I expect to get the approval notice?

Greeny? Anyone?

Hi Indianimmi.

1. Did you get it personally at your apartment/house in 5 days or did your attorney get the same?

2. What service center did you get your approval from and do you live on the West Coast?

3. When do I start worrying if I do not get the approval notice? :)

maple_cartier,
You won't get i-140 approval notice to you.
USCIS sends it to your company. ( and attorney too I believe).
I-140 is applied by your company so they will get it. Approval notice
is addressed to the company unlike your EAD , FP notice etc.
Ask your co ppl if they have received it. My case approved on 25th feb ( according to the email) and the approval notice received by my company on 1st March. Btw, my case too filed in CSC and I live in cali.
So, don't have to worry about it.
good lcuk

Maple,

I140 approval notice won't be mailed to you, it's mailed to your lawyer, and a courtesy copy is mailed to your employer. It took 3 days for my lawyer and employer to get the paper from CSC.

Please sit down and relax, you'll get it soon.

heha

Heha & Greeny,

Thanks for the info...appreciate it. One other question...if I happen to get an RFE on my I-485, would that notice also come directly to the attorney and/or the company? Do I get a copy of the RFE on my I-485?

Thanks!

your attorney will surly get a copy of it. I belive you should also get all communication related to i-485. That is your application. Company would not
get anything on that.
Am I right ?

Greeny,

Yes...you understand the nature of the I-485 correct..it is an applicant-specific petition and it is logical to assume that any potential RFE or communications will be sent to the aforementioned applicant.

However, the attorney has filed it on my behalf for my company and he has got authority to represent me for any matters...so, I guess he should be getting the RFE as well...(besides the applicant)

Thats the way I interpret it....anyways, anyone here who has got the RFE on I-485?

Thanks