July-revalidation applicants tracking

ImmPortal,

Thanks for the letterman, I also have an appointment at chennai, I have question regarding appointment, i took separate appointments for my fiancé and me on the same day, both appointments are separated by 15minutes, the reason for that if I get my passport here I though of canceling my appointment, now it looks like I have to use the appointment, my question is do I need to take two sets of documents or can I share the documents once we were are inside Any suggestions? or ideas?.

-Raj

To xrajeshx

Normally when you go for interview appointment, they give you all the documents back right away, but still in these situations in the current time you never know, if they want to keep copy of something. It's highly unpredictable.

Imagine a situation where your appointment is first and when you enter, you are asked to wait and in the meantime your fiance's appointment is due and she is asked to appear at some other counter and at the same time you are called on another counter, you would be stuck. I believe it's better to have two copies, but where originals are concerned, you can't have two copies so you have to explain if you both appear simultaneously.

received passport

:)

Received my passport yesterday :

SL Date : 18 July 2003
DC Date : Aug 1 2003
Visa Issued : 17 Oct 2003
PP Rcvd : 21 Oct 2003

This forum has been very helpful. Good luck to all those who are waiting.

Cheers
S

Raj,

I am in exactly the same situation :). My fiance's and my interviews are 15min apart. I took an appointment after I saw this thread couple of weeks back.

As premchopra says taking another set of copies is safer. no much more work.

btw, my appointment is on 10th. when is yours?

ImmPortal, XrajeshX, PremChopra,

Guys, this thread clearly says 'July-revalidation applicants tracking '. It means that we are tracking the Passports that were sent to St Louis in July to the State Department.
It means that it has got nothing to do with Chennai consulate. Revalidation in US is not exactly same as CHennai stamping.

Please don't post off-topic posts. You can open a new thread. it's very simple. Please read FAQ. It could be done in couple of minutes.

To ramgowda

You also open your eyes and start reading properly that xrajeshx applied for revalidation IN JULY now since his situation is changing he has to withdraw application and get an appointment in Chennai.

If you have problem with something ignore it don't try to boss around. In these forums people are trying to help each other. We are discussing a geniune problem we are not putting jokes, hope you get into all these problems then you would understand better.

If you want that information be posted according to what you think is right, create your own thread and give instructions to everyone what has to be written in that thread.

PremChopra,

Ok I agree, We all will ignore You and Your off-topic posts if that 's what you deserve.

For the rest of the on-topic guys !!, do u think the following happened again as there is a big gap in DC received date ???

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/delayinvisarevaildation.html

State Department Informed about Visa Revalidation Delay

The Visa Revalidation Unit at the State Department has informed that a software problem involving revalidation applications submitted in March has caused a delay in processing many of the cases submitted at that time. Software failed to capture data from key fields on the new DS 156 NIV application form. The problem has been corrected, and those cases where data was not complete have been returned to the processing center for data re-entry. Upon return of those cases from the processing center, they will be returned to their original places in the processing queue. In the meantime, the unit continues to process revalidation applications, so cases which have been filed later will be processed, while earlier cases are being re-entered. As a result, members may see revalidations processed on later-filed cases for a period of time until the March cases can get through the system.

The visa revalidation unit continues to return cases as requested by the applicants or their representatives as requested by the applicants or their representatives due to the need for urgent travel.

In April, the general estimated processing time for revalidations was lengthened to 10 to 12 weeks.

This is probably why they told me once that they received my PP in DC on 8th Aug and after one month they are saying that they received my PP on Aug 25th !!!. Those guys in DC even told one of the applicant that the have started processing Sept DC dates !!!.

"In the meantime, the unit continues to process revalidation applications, so cases which have been filed later will be processed, while earlier cases are being re-entered. As a result, members may see revalidations processed on later-filed cases for a period of time until the March cases can get through the system".

Do any of these make sense to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
immPortal

Mine is on 9th, if you don't mind give me your email id so that we will keep in touch regarding the withdrawal and chennai stamping issues.

PremChopra, Thanks for the advice,

ramgowda1

I don't think we are not posting any off-topic subject's here, I want find out if their is anybody who is withdrawing the application, because every time you call DC your are getting different answers for the same question from different persons

-raj

Hi All,

My SL receive date for revalidation is 17 july.. Still haven't got back my Passport:( ...
Haven't been able to get thru DC phone line despite waiting for more than 30 mins... Is there anyone who has SL receive date of 17 july / earlier who haven't received their passport...

Thanks a lot !!

withdrawal may not be slow.. after all.

I faxed my withdrawal request just yesterday (after working hours) and today my return packet is already picked up!! DC office scared me yesterday saying it takes 2-3 weeks.

So guys thinking of withdrawal, consider this.

Raj, enable pm (personal message) on your profile. I will pm my contact info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any update

Are there any body received the PP on 22nd October, if so what was the DC approval date: Saba

Passport Received:

SL Date: Jul 16
DC Date: Jul 31
PP Stamped: Oct 17
PP Received: Oct 22

Everything looks Ok. I wish everybody gets there PP soon and thanks for this useful forum

GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Friends,
After a long time, I've got a good news. One of my friend has received his and his family's passports with stamping exactly after three months. The great news is, he sent his application on July 23. His SL-Date is July 24,2003. Please see below for his details.

SL-Date - July 24,2003
DC-Date - unfortunately do not know
PP Stamping - Oct 22,2003
PP received - Oct 23,2003

Other details:
Payment - Cahier check (Bank of America)
Employer change - Yes
Family - Yes

I think, the gap in DC-Date does not matter. So, please think twice before you decide to withdraw your application.

Thanks
Joe

Joe,

That's interesting !!!. You have a good suggestion for all trying to withdraw. My SL dt is 29Th July and DC 25th Aug and travel date 14th Nov. I'm trying to hang in there !!!!

XrajeshX, I guess U will definitely get it as well long before ur travel date.

Immportal,
I think u'll receive u'r passport with stamping.your sl is july25th...
seems they issued your visa before u asked for withdrawal....
B'cause it is impossible that they process u'r withdrawal within a day.
Update us...

I hope it is stamped

I will get my package tomorrow (24th). I will update then. I hope it is stamped.

When called DC office yesterday (just before 5pm EST) the lady looked at my record and said they received my withdrawal request and it might take a week or so to mail. She did not mention anything about visa request being processed. Then I checked FedEx tracking and it was already shipped. When she looked at my record she should have noticed that it was already approved, right?

in any case, don't withdraw yet for Nov travel.

I received my PP exactly for 3 months

I send my passport along with my wife's on

July 18th

SL date : july 21st

approved :Oct21st

recieved : Oct 23rd

It took around 92 days. Everything looks good in both the passports. I send only my H1 extension & my wifes H4 extension is not approved when we send to ST Louis for stamping