July-revalidation applicants tracking

Got my PP in hand today. Everything looks ok. Thanks and Good Luck to all of them in this forum

SL Recd Dt : July 15th
PP Recd : Oct 13th

Visa Revalidation

SL Date July 24th
DC Date Aug 28th.

When I called a week back they told me that it will take 12 -14 weeks from DC Date.

Is this Correct ??

GCARMAAN

U may expect by the end of this month or 1 week of nov. as i evaualted by the dates...

Cheers

ATTN all those who made travel plans

UK tightens visa dragnet (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?msid=234881)
TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2003 05:56:00 PM ]
NEW DELHI: To check the growing menace of illegal immigration, Britain has announced that Indians will need a Direct Transit Visa from Thursday to travel through the country.
The new rule was announced by the British Home Office at 0001 BST (UK time) on October 16. Apart from Indians, nationals of Pakistan, Bangladesh, Angola, Cameroon and Lebanon will need also rewuire a DATV to travel through Britain.
Previously nationals of these countries required visas to visit the country and were allowed to travel without one if they were passing through on their way to a third country.
A grace period for those who have already made their travel plans will operate until 23.59 hours on October 20. Any transit passenger who bought their ticket on or before October 15 will not be refused entry solely on the basis of not holding a valid transit visa.
Home Office Minister Beverley Hughes said, "We are responding to intelligence that a growing number of nationals from these countries are using the transit route to flout our immigration controls and to enter the UK illegally or to make unfounded asylum applications."
"Today's announcement is part of a package of measures we are using to strengthen UK border controls abroad, including new screening technology and the better use of intelligence to break up gangs that profit from the trade in illegal immigrants. We are committed to making this process as straightforward as possible for genuine visitors," Hughes said.
In taking this step Britain have looked for ways to ensure that it keeps to a minimum the number of passengers who require a DATV by waiving the requirement for Indian nationals in possession of:
. a valid visa and ticket for Canada or the USA.
. For those travelling from Canada or the USA, a visa for that country which if expired did so no more than two calendar days before arrival in the UK
. a valid USA-1551 Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) issued on or after 21 April 1998
. a valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card issued on or after 28 June 2002
. a valid common format Category D visa for entry to an EEA State which is valid for more than three months;
. a valid common format residence permit issued by an EEA State pursuant to Council Regulation (EC) No. 1030/2002;
. a diplomatic or official passport issued by the Indian Government.
However, he said: "UK is committed to a continued increase in the number of visitors and students from India."
"We can ensure that those who do not qualify under these waivers and who need to apply for a DATV can do so as smoothly as possible and at any of our 11 visa application collection offices across India at a cost of Rs 2,150," he added.

Wow .. what that means is if our visas do not get revalidated, we have to avoid passing thru UK to get to our home countries.

Current Status

My SL date is 19th July. DC date is 5th of August.

I have been told that they are processing DC dates 29th and 30th July 2003: Saba

Raja

Raja
when did you call them?

Any way donot worry.After 31 July .the next DC date is 5th Aug.

mmillo

frustrated, need help!

hi, guys!

I got my visa approved on 10/6, and stamped on 10/14. Can anybody tell me when they are going to mail it out? waiting anxiously.

as i've posted it here earlier, it was for correction and supposed to receive priority service. My travel date is tomorrow, which seems absolutely impossible. My agent was nice enough to allow me to change the date with a $225 penalty, but to what date I should change??? So worried.

Thank you, PremChopra! but there is no record in UPS.com system, which means my passport has not been picked up yet.

I Called the DC Office.

First time after 30 minutes i lost the call.
second time when i called them ,the lady said ' it has been printed'

mmillo

PP Sent for Correction

Hi QD2003,

I have also sent the PP for name correction on the VISA , DC has received the PP on Oct 14 th .

When I called them today they said they cannot tell me the status of the VISA but just told me to wait for an other week.

What was wrong on your VISA ?

Best of Luck

expiration date was wrong

I was supposed to have 3 months validity from the date of issurance, but they mistakenly gave me only 2 WEEKS. The visa expires even before I can make the trip, so I have to have it corrected.

I'm rearranging everything now -- persuade my boss to postpone my vacation once again; ask the travel agent to change my ticket.

Actually I called DC again this afternoon. The lady told me there is no reason they would like to keep my passport after the visa is issued. But why they haven't mailed it yet??? I know we can't argue with the government, especially it's not our government.

I still don't know when I can receive my passport.

Passports sent after July21st taking 4 months

SL Date July 24th
DC Date Aug 28th.

I called the DOS today and they said approximately in the december 1st week my Visa will be printed if every thing is correct.
They said it will take 12 weeks from DC Date.

Just FYI.............

:p My PP was picked up by FedEx on 10/16/03, 6:10pm. I will be getting it by 10:30am tomorrow( i selected overnight delivery ).

chags : SL:Jul 14th ,DC:Jul 29th ,PP: ( on road )

Chags:D

update

Called DC today , had to wait about 15 mins , the lady asked for my last name, first name and date of birth and told me that my "visa has not been issued". I do not know if this is a denial or if it has just not been issued yet. I hope its the latter.

SL Date : 18th July
DC Date : Aug 1

passport received

Hi guys

I received my passport yesterday after stamping. This forum is great and good luck to all. Thanks

SL receive date : July 09
PP stamped: Oct 08
PP received: Oct 16