July n-400

As far as I know, for DC resident, they can't be sworn-in in VA. I have heard that the only exception is if they need their naturalization certificate for US govt orders or so. For example, if you are in the military but live in DC, you can be sworn-in in VA, provided there is an express need for your citizenship. For example, you need to undergo security clearance to have access to classified information for military purposes. It is possible other extenuating circumstance could bring about same day swearing-in.

You will have to wait in line to be sworn-in in DC. Hope that the presiding Judge is Judge Ricardo Urbina, a cool legal mind and a son of South American immigrants himself...

Is there a website I can find the Distrct Court oath dates/schedule for DC?

Is there a website I can find the Distrct Court oath dates/schedule for DC?

J,

If you have time and can the court, ask the clerk for the next schedule. I believe they hold one every month, usually the 1st week of the month. Also, go on the DC court website and see what is available, I will check other sources and will post if once I find something.

07/08/10 (Day 0) N-400 Mailed application USPS express mail Lewisville, Texas
07/09/10 (Day 1)N-400 forward to another zip-code
07/11/10 (Day 3) Package delivered ( on sunday first time I see this)
07/12/10 (Day 4) Priority Date
07/16/10 (Day 8)Notice Date
07/19/10 (Day 11)check cashed
07/22/10 (Day 14)notice of Action rvcd
07/26/10 (Day 18) Request for Additional Evidence Sent
07/27/10 (Day 19) rvcd email/sms
07/30/10 (Day 22) rcvd FP letter
08/02/10 (Day 25) FP Done early (Walk in- Oakland Park, Florida)
08/30/10 (Day 53) FP (original date)
09/20/10 (Day 74) rcvd YL (Passport and ID)
09/22/10 (Day 75) Transferred to a local office
09/27/10 (Day 81) rcvd IL
11/02/10 (Day 117) Interview Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have seen a DC district court website about it once before but can;t find it now. Take a look at this and notice that for DC they have it in various locations especially landmarks; http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

J,

Find this link, the video is very short, ignore the 2hour mark, and this was a special ceremony and this will give you an idea of what you can expect in DC.

http://www.ncoc.net/index.php?tray=content&tid=top45&cid=103k153

The ads are just annoying in this video, but it is the way of the world and future...sell me everything, including a grandma...

The list of those naturalization were in celebration of Citizenship Day, hence so many of them were held across the country.

enjoy it,

Al

The video was nice, however I wonder if they can't have more than 23 people at a time to expedite the process for many inline for an oath and less seats dedicated to those sitting in the room to applaud.

The video was nice, however I wonder if they can't have more than 23 people at a time to expedite the process for many inline for an oath and less seats dedicated to those sitting in the room to applaud.

J,

The candidates for naturalization were just fortunate to be invited there, because that forum was held to discuss US citizen and various amendments associated with it. Hence, Justice Ginsburg was in attendance. Just to wrap up Citizenship Day, the processes included the swearing-in of newly minted Americans. The Judge was a doofus and his immigration anecdote was terrible. The auditorium audience were most lawyers and other people who were there to listen to Ginsburg tough speech on US jurisprudence and Congressional bull...

However, maybe they could have invited about 50 people. I am impressed by the DC Naturalization process now, it is no longer a pure vanilla of District Court, they are spicing up things in various locations...

J,

The candidates for naturalization were just fortunate to be invited there, because that forum was held to discuss US citizen and various amendments associated with it. Hence, Justice Ginsburg was in attendance. Just to wrap up Citizenship Day, the processes included the swearing-in of newly minted Americans. The Judge was a doofus and his immigration anecdote was terrible. The auditorium audience were most lawyers and other people who were there to listen to Ginsburg tough speech on US jurisprudence and Congressional bull...

However, maybe they could have invited about 50 people. I am impressed by the DC Naturalization process now, it is no longer a pure vanilla of District Court, they are spicing up things in various locations...

Okay. This surely brings more under standing into the video as one could not necessarily deduct if this is the regular ceremony and with a focus on citizenship discussions. But in all it was good to watch, I certainly hope to be part of it soon especially as you mention that they are perhaps doing it at various locations now.

Hi needpatience4gc,

Did you receive the Oath date immediately after the interview or you got it in separate letter? My timeline is very similar to yours (same mail date etc) and I just came back from interview. I passed it and was told that I should receive letter about Oath.

Edit:
Never mind needpatience4gc! I read your post earlier where you mentioned that you were told that USCIS will mail the notice.

My case timeline

DO: Atlanta
5 yrs case

07/21/10 case received in Lewisville, TX
08/13/10 FP done
09/28/10 case transfered to local office
09/30/10 interview letter received
11/03/10 interview date

Hi needpatience4gc,

Did you receive the Oath date immediately after the interview or you got it in separate letter? My timeline is very similar to yours (same mail date etc) and I just came back from interview. I passed it and was told that I should receive letter about Oath.

Edit:
Never mind needpatience4gc! I read your post earlier where you mentioned that you were told that USCIS will mail the notice.

Greeka,
We had interview on 9/21 at SJC and then received the letter on 9/25. Hope that helps.

Greeka,
We had interview on 9/21 at SJC and then received the letter on 9/25. Hope that helps.

Thanks! We had interview on 09/30 and I don't see any update in case status yet. Since the next Oath ceremony is on 7th and I still don't have letter I guess we will be scheduled later in the month.

I know I should be patient but still...

I passed the interview on 09/30 and no status update or mail about Oath letter yet. Am I being too impatient?

N-400 for wife

N400
07/01/10 - application sent
07/06/10 - priority date
08/25/10 - FP done (eLIZABETH)
09/28/10 - YL received
10/07/10 - IL received
11/12/10 - ID (Newark)

All, I had the oath ceremony today.. very nice ceremony. As far as sign or print your name in the line where it says signature on the Nat. certificate, , the USCIS oficer who gave us the info clearly said - Signature just like you have signed your photo below (which we were asked to do at the interview). Got to apply for my new PP now.. See you all in the Passport, OCI forums etc