July Bulletin - All current

PLAYING the DEVILS ADVOCATE -

Making the dates current - Isnt the DOS responsible for this since they saw USCIS was NOT demanding VISA numbers...is this a ploy employed by DOS to make USCIS answerable by saying, here, we have made all the dates current, let us see you go and use up all these VISAs for the year 2007!

Congratulations to all of you with current visa numbers! I truly wish all of you a quick and safe journey ahead.
WRONG!!! Visa numbers never became current. They show as current to generate revenue from new applications. If it truly became current then I will receive my GC in 3 months which will never happen. But unfortunately EB3 visa numbers were not available for long time and some of my firends were not issued GC. This is because per country/quota limit has not been increased.

This ia all EAD and AP agme. I just cant believe that they can process all 485 before end of 09/07. Looking at I485 processing dates I guess it will retrogress. In short I485 processings are bound to be retrogressed in all future. What does it mean,
Yes we can apply for 485 and can be on EAD but no one knows how 485 will be processed also you have to keep applying EAD and AP every year. Also you have to go for FP several times (more job to FBI or who does FP) and I am not sure how long medical goes that might be need to get fresh every year? MAY BE SEVERAL SKIN TEST FOR TB WILL REQUIRED.
I can see all nonsense in future for atleast next two years....

I agree that :

- this a revenue making ploy (folks keep filing for EAD's and AP's)
- I485 processing dates will retrogress even further; so instead most of us watching the visa bulletin, we will now be watching the I485 processing dates.

But how does this impact consular processing? For someone who has Labor approved and I140 pending, can I file for I485 CP ? Obviously, dates for these will also be pushed back but it still might be quicker than getting numerous EAD's. Any thoughts?

Also, can somebody please point me to a list of documents needed to file for I485?

As an eternal optimist and a keen follower of the Immigration bill, Im thinking that because Immigration reform did not happen, they might do a one-time adjustment of visa numbers to complete the backlog. Why would they do this? Because under the proposed bill, the illegal aliens (main focus of the bill) would have had to wait for 6-8 years on Z visa while they completed the backlog of Employment and Family Green Cards. This way, the legal immigration can be completed rather quickly and thereby moving the focus on illegal aliens. Please note that this is just a THEORY and I do not have any inside information. However, I do believe that this action may be politically motivated.

Thanks.

Saras - welcome back.
I was hoping you would be back! I have a post on my personal situation (subject is Path after PD is Current), and I was hoping that I could hear your input. I trust you.
Would you mind taking a look? I'm kind of freaked out.
Thanks

Its all because of the abolishing and cleaning up of the mess created by Labor Substitution.
You can see all my posts.
I have been saying this for a long time in these forums that the real culprit is Labor Substitution. No one agreed.
neo

Those are all good for negative side. But positive side will over turn negative like ability for spouse to work, Employer independence and lastly comparing all EAD/AP fee one could save H1 cost.

This ia all EAD and AP agme. I just cant believe that they can process all 485 before end of 09/07. Looking at I485 processing dates I guess it will retrogress. In short I485 processings are bound to be retrogressed in all future. What does it mean,
Yes we can apply for 485 and can be on EAD but no one knows how 485 will be processed also you have to keep applying EAD and AP every year. Also you have to go for FP several times (more job to FBI or who does FP) and I am not sure how long medical goes that might be need to get fresh every year? MAY BE SEVERAL SKIN TEST FOR TB WILL REQUIRED.
I can see all nonsense in future for atleast next two years....

I 485 question

With yesterday's news both my wife's and my dates are currrent now, mine is EB3 and wife's EB2. Can we apply two separate I-485s and have each other as dependents so what who ever comes first can get GC. Please answer.

some queries

Hi all,

I am happy for all who can file for 485 after a long wait finally. I ahve a few questions though.
My wife is on f1 visa and is travelling to France between the months of june and july.
1. Does she need to convert from f1 to h4 inorder to file for her 485?
2. If so then can we file her H4 say by 20th july and then 485 right after that or do we have to wait for few days in between?
3. If i'm not wrong we both have to file our 485's together in july, so can i file mine say on 1st july and her's later in the month once she is back and her h4 is applied?

Please help as she will need to prepone her trip..
Thanks for all the help in advance.
staraam

After the initial shock of the July bulletin, I am amused about it all.

Severe retrogression, suddenly in two bulletins - June and July 2007 a leap of 6 years ?

Anyways now,

1) Everyone can file regardless of their PD's, regardless of whether they were stuck for 5 years or just had their Labor approved.

2) Many employer's now must've got the shivers. 180 days after 1st July and the the job market will resemble a game of musical chairs for sure.

3) Forums such as these will be very difficult to access with 'Server is busy' messages. There will be scores of New threads asking the same 'old' questions such as 'What documents are needed to file I-485 ?' etc.

4) Scores of people will mint money - Attorneys, Doctors, Translators etc. And USCIS ofcourse by its hiked fees.

All in all, its a free for all now. Enjoy while it lasts.

Hi all,

I am happy for all who can file for 485 after a long wait finally. I ahve a few questions though.
My wife is on f1 visa and is travelling to France between the months of june and july.
1. Does she need to convert from f1 to h4 inorder to file for her 485?
No, but if she attempts to re-enter the country on F1 after *you* have filed your 485, she will likely have problems getting in. And if she files the 485 shortly after reentering the country on F1 status, they might say she violated the F1 by entering the country with immigrant intent.
2. If so then can we file her H4 say by 20th july and then 485 right after that or do we have to wait for few days in between?
H4 allows dual intent, so you shouldn't have to wait.
3. If i'm not wrong we both have to file our 485's together in july, so can i file mine say on 1st july and her's later in the month once she is back and her h4 is applied?
You don't have to file together. Dependents can be filed at the same time or long after the primary applicant. But the priority date must be current at the time the 485 for the dependents are filed, so future retrogression is a danger if you wait too long.

No, but if she attempts to re-enter the country on F1 after *you* have filed your 485, she will likely have problems getting in. And if she files the 485 shortly after reentering the country on F1 status, they might say she violated the F1 by entering the country with immigrant intent.
H4 allows dual intent, so you shouldn't have to wait.
You don't have to file together. Dependents can be filed at the same time or long after the primary applicant. But the priority date must be current at the time the 485 for the dependents are filed, so future retrogression is a danger if you wait too long.

Thanks Jackolantern for the answers although i am not very clear about the answer to the first question.
I was trying to ask that can i file my 485 on say 1st july and file her h4 and 485 after 20th july as soon as she comes back to USA.
Can you please clarify more.
Also, everyone i am trying to find the list of documents required to file 485 so can someone please guide to the right thread.

Thanks in advance.
staraam

curious

Hi,

Any one knows what would happen to those who already filed I- 485? My PD is sep 22, 2006. We filed under schedule A. According to july VB all EB are current..I'm curious to know abt this? any one knows?

Hi,

Any one knows what would happen to those who already filed I- 485? My PD is sep 22, 2006. We filed under schedule A. According to july VB all EB are current..I'm curious to know abt this? any one knows?

They are screwed, especially those with PD 2005/2006/2007.

It completely does not make sense.... there are lot of people waiting for I-485 approval with PD ranging from Jan2001...Why USCIS wants to make it current? There are only 2 possible reasons:
1) They are over-reacting to some visa number losses last year
2) They would like to make money on I-485/I-765/I-131...

It already takes 3-4 months for I-765/I-131, and it is vaild for 12 months...costs $700 per person. Now lets add more people to EAD/AP... it may soon take 6 months to get approval. Above there is very very less chance for people to get their GC who got their PD after 2003 (EB3), unless there is some change in laws.

This is CRAZY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think out of the whole lot, people from India are the ones that has most to loose. I think i read somewhere that more than 50% of H1-B's are taken up by Indian nationals while China is next in line with 10%-20%. I am very uncertain but i think this may benefit other smaller ROW countries. Just my simple thought. Good luck to all.

My wife is Pregnent. Is there any issue in her completing the Medicals required for filing 485? If there is a issue then can she file without Medicals.

Thanks
my lawyer said that you can do medicals for spouse in such situation without the shots etc ..you will need to get shots after she delivers the baby. Thanks Guldukan had a similar situation ...can you tell more Gul ? also thanks for yr prev reply.

I think out of the whole lot, people from India are the ones that has most to loose. I think i read somewhere that more than 50% of H1-B's are taken up by Indian nationals while China is next in line with 10%-20%. I am very uncertain but i think this may benefit other smaller ROW countries. Just my simple thought. Good luck to all.
>I think out of the whole lot, people from India are the ones that has most to loose
I dont see how anyone loses ?? EAD is better than H1 for various reasons ...spouse can work ...you are free after 180 days etc ...no more postings in the job office ...where everyone comes to know yr salary and status.
I had another question ..in how many days do we get EAD after applying for 485 ?

EAD and 180 days

rambharose90; said:
1698594 EAD is better than H1 for various reasons ...spouse can work ...you are free after 180 days etc ...no more postings in the job office ...where everyone comes to know yr salary and status.
I had another question ..in how many days do we get EAD after applying for 485 ?

You have to wait EAD 2-3 months now, later it will be 6 months, it is valid for 12 months How many months will you have left to work on the approved EAD? Fee will be 340$, so each 6 months you have to pay 340$.

After 180 days you can change job for the similar one only.
Responsibiloties must be the same, Salary must be not less than on the preivoius job. And I think it should be the same metropolian area.

Thanks Jackolantern for the answers although i am not very clear about the answer to the first question.
If somebody attempts to enter the country on an F1/B1/J1 or some other visa that does not allow immigrant intent, while being married to a US citizen/green card holder/green card applicant who lives in the US, it is a problem because being married to somebody with permanent ties to the US is considered evidence of immigrant intent. So if they know about you having filed an I-485, she is likely to be denied entry if she uses an F-1 at the port of entry.

Last edited by a moderator: